Sign in to follow this  
RaiderHaters Revenge

WR 1 my analysis

so there are lots of WR1's out there, guys who put up monster years, and helped you all year long, but to me its about not only being good all year, but weeks 13-16 when it matters most, those must win situations

These 10 guys were arguably the top 10 this year, but when you break it down, there is only 1 guy that helped you weekly (hint hes the only WR who scored double digits every week)

Julio, Brown, Thomas, Adams, Smith-Schuster, Hill, Hopkins, Evans, Theilan, Hilton (throwing him in cause of his PPG missing 2 but still finishing top 14; ODB is another candidate but I need them in action 13-16)

1) Hill 6, 25.5, 8.1, 13.1 avg 13.1

2) Hopkins 16.1, 13.6, 43, 22.4 avg 23.7

3) Julio 3.8, 33.6, 20.2, 12.8 avg 17.6

4) Brown 34.3, 8.5, 14.9, 47.5 avg 26.3

5) Adams 23.3, 21.1, 24.9, 24.1 avg 23.3

6) Theilan 13.8, 12.8, 3.9, 13.3 avg 10.9 puke

7) Thomas 9, 20.8, 11.9, 30.8 avg 18.1

8) Smith-Schuster 10.9, 36, 8, 23.5 avg 19.6

9) Evans 8.8, 12.6, 19.1, 21 avg 15.3

10) Hilton 15.7, 31.9, 13.5, 23.8 avg 21.2

so it probably doesn't mean much, Antonio had the highest average, but if you didn't need a week 13 win, he didn't really help you when it mattered weeks 14/15, if you survived with him, he won you the SB. Hopkins was your MVP if you had that first round bye, Hill, Evans and Theilan killed you, Hilton, Julio and Thomas helped you and each possibly won you 1 week, but Davante Adams was the guy you wanted, posting a 20 spot each of the important weeks

I didn't have Davante this year, but dude was nails, only WR who posted double digits the entire season

Yeah having the only good wr on the Packers with Rodgers being his Qb isn’t a bad player to own.

I finished reading your second paragraph and thought if you said anyone other than Adams you're wrong. He was money for me all year. I was in two leagues this year (won both) and had stakes in Adams, Brown, Thomas and Hilton. Adams was the only one I could count on for weekly production in standard. He's the #1 wr on my board going into next year.

I targeted and drafted DaVante Adams in my auction league, ppr. Also had Thielen and Smith-Schuster. Almost drafted Tyreek Hill too, should of as I went for back up RBs who didn't pan out. Won the :first: Trophy and cash. Didn't hurt having Saquon Barkley, Kittle and DeShaun Watson.

This was the only year I owned Julio Jones (2nd rd) and I was blown away by his consistency especially in .5 ppr or ppr. he only had one bad week against Baltimore, and had 8 20+ point games. If he slips to round 2 again I wouldn't hesitate to draft.

I also drafted Julio in the 2nd. I had no intentions of drafting him, but he kept falling down the board. I had the 2.07 and had no choice but to draft him there. He will fall again next year, possibly even further. I've noticed the younger guys playing fantasy football have a tendency to avoid anyone 30 or older, or at least knock them down their draft board a bit. My guess, from the guys I drafted with this season, is that he would fall to the early-mid third next season. Some of that will be because I intend to start a rumor in the league this Summer that Julio is slowing down and I'll throw out some totally bogus stats to "prove" it.

I also drafted Julio in the 2nd. I had no intentions of drafting him, but he kept falling down the board. I had the 2.07 and had no choice but to draft him there. He will fall again next year, possibly even further. I've noticed the younger guys playing fantasy football have a tendency to avoid anyone 30 or older, or at least knock them down their draft board a bit. My guess, from the guys I drafted with this season, is that he would fall to the early-mid third next season. Some of that will be because I intend to start a rumor in the league this Summer that Julio is slowing down and I'll throw out some totally bogus stats to "prove" it.

Also drafted Julio in the 2nd after drafting D. Hopkins with my #1 (10th pick). Couldn't believe he was still there but the #11 and #12 spots in our league both went RB-RB.

Was listening to a mock draft on Sirius this morning and apparently Julio went mid 2nd (or was it mid-3rd?). That's crazy. I hope everyone passes on him next year - I'll take him again.

Prior to this past season, Jones didn’t finsh in the top five in ppr.

Close but not a top five.

So for a wr that wasn’t a top five wr in ppr the previous two seasons a second round pick is where he should have been drafted.

Now if Ryan does indeed faulter once again and with the emergence of Ridley going into his second season I think another round two pick would be just right.