Sign in to follow this  
snatchit

Kareem Hunt

I just made a big gamble on him in a trade. You guys think he will be like he was at the 1st of the season after the bye ? Has a decent schedule down the stretch

What part was the gamble of acquiring an RB with the second most points scored in a PPR of all running backs?

Always depends on the price paid.

Julio, D. Murray ASJ

I will have :

Hunt, Mixon, Martin, Henry, R. Smith, dumping DMAC and picking up C. West

Jeffery, Shepard, C. Davis,, Westbrook, M. Bryant.

Hooper, Olsen

He was a rb1 the first three weeks.

A Rb2 the next three weeks.

And he's been a Rb3 two of his last three weeks.

With that said I think he will indeed rebound.

I think he will be used more often after the teams bye week.

Good trade.

He was a rb1 the first three weeks.

A Rb2 the next three weeks.

And he's been a Rb3 two of his last three weeks.

With that said I think he will indeed rebound.

I think he will be used more often after the teams bye week.

Good trade.

He averaged 17-18 points a game in weeks 4-6. If that's RB2 in your league then I would like to see how you apply points to players. Unless you are in a 4 team league that is.

Llamar Miller, Freeman, Buck Allen, James White... are RB2s. Leveon Bell is averaging about 18 points over the last 3 games. Mark Ingram averaged about 11 points for his first 4 games. So what if an RB averages at his floor some weeks out of the year?

Bilal Powell is an RB3. Ranked about 31st in my league. He has scored above 10 points only twice this season. RB3s are guys you just rotate due to injuries or gut feeling, match up etc. Or just sit out.

Hunt has had only 2 games this year under 15 points. 10 points each against Denver and Dallas. Denver kicked elliots ass early in the year and Dallas was just one of those games.

I think you did fine. Julio has been a lot more name value to this point, Hunt is a clear upgrade over Murray,and ASJ is useless to you when Olsen returns.

He averaged 17-18 points a game in weeks 4-6. If that's RB2 in your league then I would like to see how you apply points to players. Unless you are in a 4 team league that is.

Llamar Miller, Freeman, Buck Allen, James White... are RB2s. Leveon Bell is averaging about 18 points over the last 3 games. Mark Ingram averaged about 11 points for his first 4 games. So what if an RB averages at his floor some weeks out of the year?

Bilal Powell is an RB3. Ranked about 31st in my league. He has scored above 10 points only twice this season. RB3s are guys you just rotate due to injuries or gut feeling, match up etc. Or just sit out.

Hunt has had only 2 games this year under 15 points. 10 points each against Denver and Dallas. Denver kicked elliots ass early in the year and Dallas was just one of those games.

Scoring is just like the ppr scoring system at this site.

You can go look and see where he ranked in points on a weekly avg.

Sorry that you don't like it , most don't like what is true.

I am looking at a normal ppr average rank. My comment was that you are saying he was an RB2 in weeks 4-6. Are you seeing 12 or more backs during those weeks averaging 20+ points? Because that is the only way he could be considered an RB2 at that time for those weeks.

And for the last couple weeks, his average came in around rank #27. How is that an RB3? Again, unless you only have 8 teams or less in your league.

If you don't believe in the guy that's fine, but don't just make things up.

Go look up his weekly ppr points and were he has ranked week by week.

It's on this site.

A #27 ranking per avg would make him a rb3.

Thanks for your reply

Go look up his weekly ppr points and were he has ranked week by week.

It's on this site.

A #27 ranking per avg would make him a rb3.

Thanks for your reply

I mis-typed on my previous weeks mentioned but, you think weeks 4-6 you say he is an RB2. What rank do you see for him in your go-to web site?

He better turn it around. He might not get 20+ carries a game again, but I see him getting 15-20 touches rather than the ridiculous 10-15 he had been getting.

He better turn it around. He might not get 20+ carries a game again, but I see him getting 15-20 touches rather than the ridiculous 10-15 he had been getting.

I agree.

And as a owner I pray that is indeed the case.

And I think it will be.

I'm looking for him to have a big game this weekend, vs a def that's given up.

It's a road game and I'm praying that Reid feeds the rookie.

• Like 1

I mis-typed on my previous weeks mentioned but, you think weeks 4-6 you say he is an RB2. What rank do you see for him in your go-to web site?

Because I was curious, I looked this up on FantasyGuru.com (standard PPR).

Week 1: #1 (RB1)

Week 2: #4 (RB1)

Week 3: #5 (RB1)

Week 4: #17 (RB2)

Week 5: #14 (RB2)

Week 6: #15 (RB2)

Week 7: #10 (RB1)

Week 8: #26 (RB3)

Week 9: #24 (RB2)

I am betting they get back to featuring him like the 1st 3 weeks

He's not really seeing a drop in touches (rushes/targets)...

Week 1: 22

Week 2: 16

Week 3: 18

Week 4: 25

Week 5: 33

Week 6: 15

Week 7: 22

Week 8: 27

Week 9: 14

There's no real coloration between touches and performance. In week 1, he had 22 touches and was the #1 back, but in Week 7, with the same touches he was #10. In Week 2, he was the #4 back with 16 touches, but with 1 less touch in Week 6, he was #15... 2 less touches in Week 9 and he was #24. In his 3 highest workload games he finished 14th, 26th, and 17th.

What you're seeing is teams game planning now against him specifically and slowing him down. It's up to the Chiefs to put him in more positive situations to allow him to be more productive. It's also possible that maybe Hunt isn't as good as back as some thought.

He's not really seeing a drop in touches (rushes/targets)...

Week 1: 22

Week 2: 16

Week 3: 18

Week 4: 25

Week 5: 33

Week 6: 15

Week 7: 22

Week 8: 27

Week 9: 14

There's no real coloration between touches and performance. In week 1, he had 22 touches and was the #1 back, but in Week 7, with the same touches he was #10. In Week 2, he was the #4 back with 16 touches, but with 1 less touch in Week 6, he was #15... 2 less touches in Week 9 and he was #24. In his 3 highest workload games he finished 14th, 26th, and 17th.

What you're seeing is teams game planning now against him specifically and slowing him down. It's up to the Chiefs to put him in more positive situations to allow him to be more productive. It's also possible that maybe Hunt isn't as good as back as some thought.

The kid isnt getting quality touches: Reid is an idiot having Hill throw INTs on a 1st and Goal and West vulturing TDs. Things need to change coming out of their BYE!

The kid isnt getting quality touches: Reid is an idiot having Hill throw INTs on a 1st and Goal and West vulturing TDs. Things need to change coming out of their BYE!

I'm pretty sure Reid didn't tell Hill to throw an interception on that play, that's poor execution by Hill. West is a decent back. Him getting touches on the goal line isn't a bad thing. Just because it's bad for your fantasy team, it doesn't mean it's bad for the Chiefs.

I'm pretty sure Reid didn't tell Hill to throw an interception on that play, that's poor execution by Hill. West is a decent back. Him getting touches on the goal line isn't a bad thing. Just because it's bad for your fantasy team, it doesn't mean it's bad for the Chiefs.

It was an awful play call. Gruden was able to Romo it and called the play out before they even snapped it. It made no sense in that situation.

I agree I think that was a bad play too run first and goal.

Let the QB make that pass.

Oh yeah? What is the Chiefs record in games that Hunt does not score a TD?

OMG!! Leveon Bell only scored about 19 points tonight. He must be an RB2 now.

Whats cool about bell is hes actually on the field inside the red zone

You and Spacey close?

Well I have been dominating in a high money league since week w 3... I wouldn't say poop... its a 12 teamer

OMG!! Leveon Bell only scored about 19 points tonight. He must be an RB2 now.

He will be for the week, if twelve other Rbs score more then 20 points.

Whats cool about bell is hes actually on the field inside the red zone

I know right? And only 1 less touchdown on the year than Hunt. Those red zone touches are amazing for Bell.

Hopefully, the offensive line gets back to dominating like they did the first 3 weeks of the season. That's when Hunt was getting to the 2nd level on nearly every carry. That's why he didn't need 20+ rushes to get over 100 yards. I hope they figured some of that out during the bye.

It was an awful play call. Gruden was able to Romo it and called the play out before they even snapped it. It made no sense in that situation.

It's only awful because of a lack of execution. That's Hill's fault, not Reid's. Had he just run out of bounds, it would have been what, 3rd and goal from the 12? Hunt finished that game with 22 carries for 45 yards... and it's only THAT good because of a single 15 yard run. Denver went into that game trying to stuff the run and stop Hunt... and they did. What did you want to happen on that play? A 2 yard run by Hunt? I say that because that was the likely outcome based on a full game of data... even though odds are he'd only have gotten 1 yard or less. Not the point though. It doesn't change Hunt's the Chief's final outcome.

Oh yeah? What is the Chiefs record in games that Hunt does not score a TD?

I can tell you this... the Chiefs have just as many wins when does score a TD as they do when he doesn't.

It's only awful because of a lack of execution. That's Hill's fault, not Reid's. Had he just run out of bounds, it would have been what, 3rd and goal from the 12? Hunt finished that game with 22 carries for 45 yards... and it's only THAT good because of a single 15 yard run. Denver went into that game trying to stuff the run and stop Hunt... and they did. What did you want to happen on that play? A 2 yard run by Hunt? I say that because that was the likely outcome based on a full game of data... even though odds are he'd only have gotten 1 yard or less. Not the point though. It doesn't change Hunt's the Chief's final outcome.

Yes Hill should have kept it, but how can you defend a play that was so easily diagnosed before the ball was even snapped? It was completely covered, no way you can say that was a good play call when the d had it read from the start. I don't even care about the point youre trying to make on Hunt, defending that play call is absurd to me.

I love how FF folks love to make production about individual ability. It's a part of a much bigger equation. Preseason everyone was down on Gurley. Yet, bring in a smart and innovative coach and suddenly Gurley and the others around him are performing better. Same with Mixon on Bengals. Many here hyping him as the next best thing. I said he'll be trash behind that line. So far, he's been hot garbage. I loved Hunt for the team and situation he fell into. On the Browns I'd have said he won't be anything.

You can have a great offensive line and supporting cast (passing game) and not do well. See Blount and Smallwood. It's why they went out and got Ajayi. Individual talent does count for something. It's why Zeke is far better than Alf. Though, FF folks tend to only see the individual talent part of it. They often base their decisions and roster options on the singlular piece rather than the whole picture.

Yes Hill should have kept it, but how can you defend a play that was so easily diagnosed before the ball was even snapped? It was completely covered, no way you can say that was a good play call when the d had it read from the start. I don't even care about the point youre trying to make on Hunt, defending that play call is absurd to me.

You can't separate the two (my point about Hunt and not killing Reid for the play call), because it's "cause and effect". BECAUSE the Broncos were completely containing Hunt all game, the EFFECT was that Reid made a play call to try something different. It didn't work. Ok, a lot of plays don't work. The reason you think it's awful was because Hill threw an INT, but that's Hill's fault and not Andy Reid's. I'm not necessarily defending the call, I'm just not killing him for it like you are.

I can tell you this... the Chiefs have just as many wins when does score a TD as they do when he doesn't.

And I can tell you this: they are undefeated when Hunt scores a TD.

And I can tell you this: they are undefeated when Hunt scores a TD.

So you're saying that if Hunt scores a TD every game, the Chiefs will go 16-0?

So you're saying that if Hunt scores a TD every game, the Chiefs will go 16-0?

Yes, sir.

I hope Reid has been reading this thread...

You can't separate the two (my point about Hunt and not killing Reid for the play call), because it's "cause and effect". BECAUSE the Broncos were completely containing Hunt all game, the EFFECT was that Reid made a play call to try something different. It didn't work. Ok, a lot of plays don't work. The reason you think it's awful was because Hill threw an INT, but that's Hill's fault and not Andy Reid's. I'm not necessarily defending the call, I'm just not killing him for it like you are.

No you can separate the two. Don't run it with Hunt or throw it with Hill, throw it with Smith to a receiver. He's your QB you pay him to throw the ball. The play was read before the snap, it was a bad design and call, that makes it an awful play call.

No you can separate the two. Don't run it with Hunt or throw it with Hill, throw it with Smith to a receiver. He's your QB you pay him to throw the ball. The play was read before the snap, it was a bad design and call, that makes it an awful play call.

I get it, you clearly know more than Andy Reid about running an offense. I think you should submit your resume to the Chiefs and tell them that you are smarter than their HC. They'll probably hire you right on the spot.