Sign in to follow this  
skyhawk72

Alexander or Larry Johnson?

Alexander has the easier rushing schedule of the two, but Johnson catches a lot of balls. both O Lines have lost kep guys that each of them rushed to these gone guy's side....

i got the 1st pick and really i am stuck on who to take....i konw that i will get a stud either way but i just want to make sure that i get the best stud!!!

I'd go with Alexander. Alexander lost Hutch, but the KC has lost even more on the offensive line and at fullback. Also a new coaching staff.

Alexander is the safest pick in the draft. Hasn't had less than 14 TDS since 2000, plays a very soft schedule, has a nice passing game defenders have to worry about, and a nice defense that gives Seattle the ball a lot. The loss of Hutchinson may hurt, but the offensive line should still be one of the better ones in the league.

LJ obviously has HUGE upside, but also a lot of question marks. Can't afford to miss with this pick, so I'd go safe with Alexander.

got the draft at 10am tomorrow....with a beer in my hand i need to give a confident pick.....help a brother out!?!?!

I say go with LJ. I took him #1 for tons of reasons. First is simple statistics. Look at what he did by only starting 9 games last year on a team with a 4,000 yd QB. He could put up 2,000 yds and 20+ TD's this year with a fulltime workload. I dont worry much about either O-line losing a guy, because the NFL is full of competent linemen and one guy doesnt make or break an entire line or running game. Plus, look at the coach. Compare Curtis Martins talent two years ago to LJ's talent now. Now compare the line they both run behind and finally, the passing game surrounding them AND The Jets were in a division with the Pats amazing D coming around a few times a year. All this and Martin still won a rushing title that year, and LJ has the upper hand in all of those categories. Edwards is gonna feed LJ the ball upwards of 25 times a game and he's gonna catch a few passes out of the backfield as well. As far as less "concrete" reasons, the "madden jinx" and the "superbowl loser curse". Im not really the kind of kid to believe in that stuff, but its hard to ignore injuries to McNabb, Ray Lewis, Vick, Faulk etc. and the falling apart of the Eagles, Panthers, Raiders etc in the years following their Super Bowl losses so take that for what its worth. Plus, if nothing else, think about the guy picking #2. If you take SA do you think he's gonna pass on LJ? In my league SA went third behind me taking LJ and the next guy taking LT2. Don't do the guy any favors and just take LJ. Good luck.

Alexander seems to be a little safer. Kc has lost sime lineman, has a new coach, and with the lack of wr's in kc it is easy to load up against the run