Sign in to follow this  
Mr Neil

Greg Olsen first week back

Most of the time the first game back off of IR is slow for guys. Anyone comfortable trotting him out there this week vs the Jets who are bad vs TEs? I want too roll him over Kroft just worried they may limit Olsen

I don't have him in any money leagues but I'm be rolling him out in our IBL league over the allstars of Ed Dickson and Ebron.

My take is that I don't think Carolina would bring him back if he wasn't ready. I mean who knows but he's a vet with a great track record and on a team without Benji there are targets to be had.

Yeah, I don't usually get excited about guys first game coming off IR. I was going to use a value WR from Car this week in DFS, but I didn't realize Olsen was back. I may need to re-think this.

I'd be more worried about missing out on Kroft shining against a TE-friendly CLE than I would be about Olsen hitting the ground running.

I played had some Kroft last week against a supposedly TE friendly Denver and that got me 9 or so pts.

Broken bones are usually different than soft tissue injuries. It's either healed and he can play or it isn't. He's also a veteran, so there shouldn't be a lot of rust, or any adjustment period. I think he picks up where he left off.

I have the kroft/Olsen issue as well. What likely seals it for Olsen for me is kroft is dealing with a hand problem which hampered his ability to catch last week. As mentioned above Olsen has been around the block with newton for a long time I don't see any reason why they wouldn't get it going again esp with the depleted wr corp and weak Jet te def. I highly doubt I regret this decision to any extreme one way or the other.

I think theres a lot of targets bc samuels went down and if Olsen replaces Dickson his only competiton for targets is Olsen and Mccafferey really.

Does Olsens return hamper Funchess production or will it open up more opprotunity?

I would start Olsen.

If you look at week 1 and 2, he wasn't too good healthy. http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/10475/greg-olsen

I mean he probably got hurt game 2 (1 catch for 10 yards), but that game 1 (2 catches for 18 yards) was a bad statistical result.

Wk 1 vs sf who has surprisingly been one of the best defenses vs the TE.

He's a lock now that he stole all of the league's secrets from being on Fox last week. :lock: TE1 from here on out!

Saying Olsen had a bad week one means nothing. Cam was getting over his shoulder. Cam is confident now and he lost one of his top targets. Olsen should step up in the pecking order soon and be huge here down the stretch.

Saying Olsen had a bad week one means nothing. Cam was getting over his shoulder. Cam is confident now and he lost one of his top targets. Olsen should step up in the pecking order soon and be huge here down the stretch.

Agreed. Cam was still in preseason form.

Agreed. Cam was still in preseason form.

Cam was in worse that preseason form if that's possible. He's throwing the ball much better now and running more as well. i think he's over the fear of reinjuring the shoulder.

Not sure I get why people are bullish on Olsen this week. He is a fine TE, and maybe has a good game but FF is partly about mitigating risk, and Olsen hasn't played in 2 months and might be on a snap count. If you have viable alternative options it would make sense to wait a week.

• Like 1

Most of the time the first game back off of IR is slow for guys. Anyone comfortable trotting him out there this week vs the Jets who are bad vs TEs? I want too roll him over Kroft just worried they may limit Olsen

I think it really depends on the player.

some teams will push the player to come back sooner than he should and in that scenario, yes, it is a slow return.

other teams wont push the player and when he comes back he is truly ready to play and does well.

honestly I think it's a bit risky, and difficult to say which scenario we are looking at. I think it is fair to say that he may not be in game shape, so it may not be fully reasonable to expect a heavy workload.

Not sure I get why people are bullish on Olsen this week. He is a fine TE, and maybe has a good game but FF is partly about mitigating risk, and Olsen hasn't played in 2 months and might be on a snap count. If you have viable alternative options it would make sense to wait a week.

The voice of reason!

Olsen has the better matchup, and he's a go to guy for Cam.

Last two games the Eagles have played they seem very happy in trying to become a run first team.

Atleast trying.

Bears are pretty good in covering the te.

I say start Olsen and win the game.

After all , you play to win the game.

OP good luck and reply which one you picked.

Like minded guys (Olsen owners) gather in a thread like this and feed on each other's posts, get progressively more lathered up and talk one another into a 10 catch 100 yard 2 TD day

Olsen still a potential top 10 TE even if he plays nothing but RZ snaps. I doubt many people have better options is really the point here.

Like minded guys (Olsen owners) gather in a thread like this and feed on each other's posts, get progressively more lathered up and talk one another into a 10 catch 100 yard 2 TD day

I don't think anyone is saying that. For those that have been starting TE's just hoping they find the endzone on one of there three catches, Olsen is a risk worth taking.

From twitter

Coach Ron Rivera told me ideally they want Greg Olsen to be involved in half of their offensive snaps. He said Olsen should start, but that depends on personnel group. #CARvsNYJ #Panthers

Looks like he will be limited. Might wanna wait a week

He won't be Limited too half the snaps.

Coach talk, they might want too, but they also want too win.

Assuming he's done who would be the better pickup rest of season

Cook

Henry

ASJ

Kroft

OJ Howard

Locked into 1st round bye so this would really only be for weeks 15 and 16