Sign in to follow this  
peenie

What time do you eat dinner?

I'm assuming all of you who have someone clean your house for you.....have at least 3 or 4 kids running around?

Right after you're done anal bleaching

We've been talking about getting a cleaning service; we used to have one but stopped it back when I was out of work. But now my wife is working as well and we just can't keep up with the cleaning.

For meals though, she loves to cook. It is a hobby for her, an enjoyment. Her birfday is Thursday and she is going to cook for the 5 of us (lamb); she would rather do that and have a nice bottle of wine at home than go out in most cases. Although, we are doing a staycation at a local resort on Friday where we'll obviously eat out. And fock like rabbits. Old rabbits, but rabbits dadblammit! :thumbsup:

I like to cook but every night is a chore and sometimes simply impossible.

My wife asked me last night about having a cleaning lady come in once a week.

Whats the going rate to clean an average geeks estate? (Just the main house. Not the guest house, pool house, doll house, tree house and hen house).

80/cleaning was for me. I excluded man cave level (basement)

Whats the going rate to clean an average geeks estate? (Just the main house. Not the guest house, pool house, doll house, tree house and hen house).

I would imagine this is very dependent on the market.

But for our 5,000 square foot house (divided by 2 for non-Geek real life number), its $140 a pop.

Approximately 6000 sq ft,girl comes in for 5 hours twice a month at $100 per visit,we pay for all cleaning supplies as well.

I pay $150 a pop for my small place, which is a great deal in the bay area. She's become a friend now. She deep cleans and does mine and Bella's laundry. She also takes all my recycles and garbage bags down to the dumpstet. She's here for at least 4 hours. Every time I was suddenly hospitalised she would take my key close to d/c date and deep clean so I go home in a spot clean place.

We pay $85 every other week. She mainly does the kitchen, bathrooms and some vacuuming of the living room. Stays out of the kids' bedrooms and their TV room. Too much of a pig sty. It is really just to actually have some stuff cleaned and focus on the stuff that neither of us will ever want to do. :dunno:

I'm an ocd freak - so I do all my cleaning, frequently... . Of course my house is small by Geek standards - so easy for me.

We have a lady come in every other week to vacuum, clean bathrooms, and clean the kitchen. If we have laundry out, she folds it but we don't expect her to do that. $50 a pop.

Whenever my mom brings it downstairs

:lol:

If Im not mistaken, Persian is an ethnicity, one of several that make up Iran. Medes I think is another? I dunno.

It's a joke.

In related news, many people think Semitic means Jewish. It does not. In fact, one of the strains of breed in Iran and the rest of the area is called Semitic. And it actually comprises many different breeds.

The closest equivalent would be to say Middle Eastern. So when you call somebody anti-semitic, you're not calling them anti-jew, technically your saying that they are dissing an entire freaking region of the globe.

The more you know. NBC cares.

I had to scroll to the top just to be sure. Why the f*** are we talking about Maids when it comes to what time and we dinner?

" why yes, many of my neighbors use vinyl windows, but I prefer to use a wood vinyl hybrid."

I had to scroll to the top just to be sure. Why the f*** are we talking about Maids when it comes to what time and we dinner?

" why yes, many of my neighbors use vinyl windows, but I prefer to use a wood vinyl hybrid."

Maybe you can teach us more about the Middle East instead?

Maybe you can teach us more about the Middle East instead?

You know, use of the term middle east is incredibly ethnocentric. And based upon Anglo priorities and Anglo arrogance. If you use the Mercator map...

Whenever we can all get together between bball practice for one kid... work for another... etc

Usually between 5-7

Most of you get home so promptly from work. Seems everyone is eating at the traditional time. I was wondering if long commutes affected dinner time or who prepares the meal.

Nice to read many of you guys are cooking and not allowing the women to beat the brunt of the work.

My coworker was from Lebanon and his wife was an astounding cook.

$93 every other week. 2,500 sq feet.