Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Penn State coach James Franklin calls T.O. to ice kicker, with 11 seconds left up 56 to 0

Why is Georgia State kicking a FG with that much time on the clock and losing by 56?

Dumbest question asked in 2017.

Congratulations :cheers:

I guess by scoring 6 trying for a TD they would have been in it? :doh:

Why is Georgia State kicking a FG with that much time on the clock and losing by 56?

To close the game to within 53 points, duhh.

• Like 1

Dumbest question asked in 2017.

Congratulations :cheers:

I guess by scoring 6 trying for a TD they would have been in it? :doh:

If it shouldn't matter to Penn State, then why should it matter to Georgia State? The point is that Ga State needs to work more on its offense than its FG's after putting up a whopping 10 points on TN State.

Let me also point out some other possibilities:

- Penn State is thinking they are national championship material. They want to get their 2nd stringers back in there to get some work on FG block and they did not expect Ga. State to be going for a FG at the start of the play

- Penn State was not happy with some of the calls by the refs during the game and wanted to send a message

- Penn State's coach is doosh

If it shouldn't matter to Penn State, then why should it matter to Georgia State? The point is that Ga State needs to work more on its offense than its FG's after putting up a whopping 10 points on TN State.

Let me also point out some other possibilities:

- Penn State is thinking they are national championship material. They want to get their 2nd stringers back in there to get some work on FG block and they did not expect Ga. State to be going for a FG at the start of the play

- Penn State was not happy with some of the calls by the refs during the game and wanted to send a message

- Penn State's coach is doosh

3 or 6 doesn't matter.

0 to 3 does matter

:cheers:

3 or 6 doesn't matter.

0 to 3 does matter

:cheers:

Matters to whom? Why is it okay for it to matter for one team but not the other?

If you want to tell me that Ga State's kicker is a walk-on who recently recovered from cancer and his leukemia-stricken mother was in the stands, then I get it. :lol:

Matters to whom? Why is it okay for it to matter for one team but not the other?

If you want to tell me that Ga State's kicker is a walk-on who recently recovered from cancer and his leukemia-stricken mother was in the stands, then I get it. :lol:

James Franklin claims he called the TO not to ice the kicker, but was pissed his FG blocking team wasn't on the field.

I see it as the coach wanting to give his defense the shutout they earned. Shutouts mean a lot to a defense so this is a way to let his guys know he has their back. I don't see a problem with it.

James Franklin claims he called the TO not to ice the kicker, but was pissed his FG blocking team wasn't on the field.

Who cares what he claimed? Oh, that's right, Ed and Frantubby.

Who cares what he claimed? Oh, that's right, Ed and Frantubby.

whether or not he's lying, I don't care what he claims.

you're wrong.

Spread was 54. Explains everything.

Ok, cause we all know why he called the timeout.

Sure you do

Pretty sure.

:thumbsup: