Sign in to follow this  
nzoner

The integrity of the NFL

LOL.... Olberman. :thumbsdown: :doh: I wouldn't believe a focking word this guys says.

So the part about independent verification should be taken as BS too? I'm genuinely interested in all opinions here,thanks.

I think the issue with the NFL is their refusal to address the horrible officiating. Hard to make them care when they are turning record profits. It's just not a priority. I hate when there is a horrible call made and so many fans say "yeah, but that's not why they lost". That's not the point. Stick to talking about the refs in that situation. It's never going to get fixed if half the fans tell the other half to shut up when it happens.

If you've never reffed, you have no idea how hard it is. I used to ref taekwondo sparring; we had 3 officials in a ring and 1/2 of the time the point scoring was not unanimous. So at least one of us was theoretically wrong; it often depended on your viewing angle. And this was amateur; NFL refs are making calls on the fastest/strongest/most athletic people in their profession.

I will say though... if a sparrer was clearly overmatched and losing big, and there was a close call (both hit each other at about the same time), I probably would give the point to the overmatched person. Again, this was amateur, and often kids, so I can't say that an NFL ref would do the same. But it's kinda human nature...

I think the issue with the NFL is their refusal to address the horrible officiating. Hard to make them care when they are turning record profits. It's just not a priority. I hate when there is a horrible call made and so many fans say "yeah, but that's not why they lost". That's not the point. Stick to talking about the refs in that situation. It's never going to get fixed if half the fans tell the other half to shut up when it happens.

Wow :thumbsup:

NFL decides against issuing statement admitting error in Rams-Saints, for now

1. The NFC had one elite team - the Saints - that suffered a major loss when Rankins went down and were not the same team.

2. The Chargers played their worst game of the year vs the Patriots and everyone insisted it was a poor defensive scheme that did them in.

3. The Chiefs were manhandled at the line of scrimmage in both games vs the Patriots but several lucky calls and bounces went their way to keep them in both games when they should have been blowouts both times.

That's all I see.

• Like 1

I've said it for years these games are fixed somehow. After every game I shout, "WWE! WWF!"

I've said it for years these games are fixed somehow. After every game I shout, "WWE! WWF!"

stay in the kitchen and you wont have to worry about it

I was entertained. That's all I tune in for. I wake up the next day and am unaffected by the outcomes. Except in this case I won big on the Pats at +150 and the Rams at +143. :doublethumbsup:

I so wish I would have thrown them in a parlay.

Integrity smegrity

On 12/18/2018 at 7:02 AM, nzoner said:

Chiefs fans are asking for the same

:unsure:  maybe my friend. maybe.

:poke:

• Like 1

On 12/18/2018 at 9:41 AM, nzoner said:

As a football fan who reads a few football boreds I've noticed more and more discussions popping up about the integrity of the NFL.I've seen topics from fans who think the game is outright fixed like pro wrestling to those who believe refs are swaying games to keep gamblers interested whether it be the Vegas spread,point totals or even in game betting.Personally I've had my own suspicions for a few years now and even went as far to read Dan Moldea's book Interference:How Organized Crime Influences Professional Football.

My hopes for this thread is just seeing what the geeks think and maybe it becoming a catch all for plays,calls etc. that you yourself have questioned or will question in the near future with the play-offs just around the corner.

Lastly,what really prompted this thread was a link I followed where I read this about the week 3 FREE BUD LIGHT Thursday night game from earlier this season.

What's more curious is that local Cleveland bars had "victory fridges" installed in the offseason. These were chained and padlocked refridgerators filled with Bud Light meant to be opened if/when the Browns finally win, so there'd be free Bud Light to all to celebrate with (Dilly, Dilly). Now isn't it odd that the main sponsor for Thursday Night Football is...wait for it...Bud Light. Wouldn't it be the coincidence of coincidences if the victory fridges filled with Bud Light were opened after Bud Light brought Cleveland fans Thursday Night Football? Amazingly, that is exactly what happened. Much like the Week 1 Bears v. Packers game where the Bears blitzed Aaron Rodgers into injury then forgot how to play defense, the Jets knocked Browns starting QB Tyrod Taylor out of the game (or so we were told), and in stepped rookie No. 1 draft pick Baker Mayfield for the Browns. Suddenly, the Jets couldn't play defense. Mayfield brought the Browns back from a 14-point deficit and Bud Light for all! Was this really a football game or just one giant product placement?

Full site of The Fix Is In

I love the NFL. No complaints here.

2 hours ago, Bier Meister said:

:unsure:  maybe my friend. maybe.

:poke:

2 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

I love the NFL. No complaints here.

A friend and I were just talking today about how KC got every call they needed,not to mention a non call late in the 4th when I believe Sorenson could've been flagged on a hit on Jimmy G but wasn't.

Simply put I guess it was finally our year.

7 minutes ago, nzoner said:

A friend and I were just talking today about how KC got every call they needed,not to mention a non call late in the 4th when I believe Sorenson could've been flagged on a hit on Jimmy G but wasn't.

Simply put I guess it was finally our year.

yes.  i have been somewhat quiet about it.  No offensive holding (especially vs bosa on the 40+ play to hill) for the game was a little too much "let them play."  KCC is an excellent team.  Mahomes is one of the toughest qbs to bring down or disrupt.  4 sack, 2 ints, 2 ff without a hold :dunno:

4 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

yes.  i have been somewhat quiet about it.  No offensive holding (especially vs bosa on the 40+ play to hill) for the game was a little too much "let them play."  KCC is an excellent team.  Mahomes is one of the toughest qbs to bring down or disrupt.  4 sack, 2 ints, 2 ff without a hold :dunno:

No need to be quiet about it and unfortunately I'm the wrong Chiefs fan to try and make a case to as I still believe the NFL's integrity is lacking.Even with only seven minutes left and down ten I was telling my guests this is Andy's year something crazy is going to happen.Guess I got lucky.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, nzoner said:

No need to be quiet about it.

You guys are good people. The Chiefs are a wonderful team.... I did not want to piss in your cheerios.

Falcons were stomping the Patriots and then I guess Tom Brady opened a can of spinach and like Popeye became super strong and started whooping ass to win the SB.

Seattle had the number 1 RB and was about to secure the win when instead of handing the ball to said RB, throws it, only to be intercepted by the Patriots. GTFOH!

But okay, maybe those things are believable. You know what's not believable, a kicker completely missing a field goal on the 15 yard line. I watched in disbelief. It went totally to the left as if I kicked it. Getting it in would've sent the team to the playoffs or some such. I can't remember the team... But it totally looked like a purposely missed kick to me.