Sign in to follow this  
NewbieJr

CAn you think of any circumstance where you would kill yourself?

Never. There are too many stories of people getting better, finding purpose, or making some profound impact on the lives of others even in the most dire situations to ever consider it.

Our minds are pretty adaptable. We can get used to nearly anything with the right mindset. I'm the type of person that has that mindset.

To be honest, I think it's a selfish and cowardly act. Whatever it is you're dealing with or killing yourself over, someone is living with a much worse situation and not giving up. Don't be a b!tch. Obviously mental issues are an exception, and I guess you can argue that anyone who would do that is mentally ill to some degree, but you could make the same argument about murder if you really wanted to, but we don't let everyone walk on that defense.

Never. There are too many stories of people getting better, finding purpose, or making some profound impact on the lives of others even in the most dire situations to ever consider it.

Our minds are pretty adaptable. We can get used to nearly anything with the right mindset. I'm the type of person that has that mindset.

Hopefully nothing seriously traumatic will ever happen to you to where you don't have control over rational thought.

That said, the mind is a funny thing and does even funnier things. Trust me on this.

I'm not saying that I've ever tried it, nor am I denying it, but an imbalance of serotonin can make normal people do some pretty abnormal things. (alegedly)

IMO, Kurt Cobain is a POS cause he offed himself. Seau, not so much.

Am I a hypocrite for the above statement? Absolutely.

Can I explain why I feel this way? Nope

I had a friend from college who was going through a messy divorce/custody issue, and he killed his son and then killed himself. His son's picture was on my fridge when it happened. I hope that if I ever felt compelled to do violence to my family, I would kill myself first.

I think about it every day, seriously.

I had a friend from college who was going through a messy divorce/custody issue, and he killed his son and then killed himself. His son's picture was on my fridge when it happened. I hope that if I ever felt compelled to do violence to my family, I would kill myself first.

I've never understood it when people do this kind of thing? Do they somehow figure in their twisted minds that they're doing their kids a favor by killing them? Or is it just about control - making sure the surviving spouse or ex can't have the kids? Either way taking the family with you is just about the most cowardly act a person can commit :thumbsdown:

Hopefully nothing seriously traumatic will ever happen to you to where you don't have control over rational thought.

That said, the mind is a funny thing and does even funnier things. Trust me on this.

I'm not saying that I've ever tried it, nor am I denying it, but an imbalance of serotonin can make normal people do some pretty abnormal things. (alegedly)

IMO, Kurt Cobain is a POS cause he offed himself. Seau, not so much.

Am I a hypocrite for the above statement? Absolutely.

Can I explain why I feel this way? Nope

I hear ya. I know first hand about the chemical imbalance stuff when it comes to the brain, but I just can't imagine a scenario where it could push me beyond that line. If I'm cognizant enough to think of and execute suicide, I don't see how I wouldn't be able to realize I needed to protect myself or seek help.

Like I said though, the mental issues are a definite exception to what I was talking about. I'm talking just flat-out "life sucks, I quit." Truth be told, I don't think I'd have the courage to do it, and there's ALWAYS a chance to establish new purpose and meaning.

I've never understood it when people do this kind of thing? Do they somehow figure in their twisted minds that they're doing their kids a favor by killing them? Or is it just about control - making sure the surviving spouse or ex can't have the kids? Either way taking the family with you is just about the most cowardly act a person can commit :thumbsdown:

He sent an email to all of his friends trying to justify how he felt, but it basically was revenge at her. He used to be a good friend, but he's one of the few people I now truly hate.

Maybe if my wife and son died, I could see that putting me in a tailspin. I work with a guy who lost his 8 month old daughter to cancer. She had it from almost the very beginning of her life and they went through everything. The doctors even amputated her arm (tumor was in the armpit) and that was supposed to save her but she wound up dying a few weeks later. All that stress caused him and his wife to split up shortly after the funeral. I was seriously worried about him for a long while after that but he's pulled himself back together just fine.

nikki getting banned would put me over the top. :(

nikki getting banned would put me over the top. :(

Strike beat you to it like 500 posts ago :lol:

Imagine Nikki stays gone. There will inevitably be a thread where RP, MDC, gocolts, and Strike all post. It will be impossible to determine who is calling who welcher.

:D

Imagine Nikki stays gone. There will inevitably be a thread where RP, MDC, gocolts, and Strike all post. It will be impossible to determine who is calling who welcher.

:D

:nono: I have never called anyone a welcher. I hate it when folks make those kinds of bets and don't want to ever see anyone leave the bored, even Newbie.

Probably if everyone I cared about was killed. That's about it.

Don't have to read the rest of the thread ... THIS :pointstosky: is my answer

I had a friend from college who was going through a messy divorce/custody issue, and he killed his son and then killed himself.

Coward piece of shiit :thumbsdown:

Why am I not surprised that edjr quit on quitting life. :thumbsdown:

:clap:

Maybe if my wife and son died, I could see that putting me in a tailspin.

If my daughter died and I felt responsible.

If she died of a disease or something like that, I could probably get by giving my life to charity in her name or something.

But if I did something stupid (unsure what) that directly lead to her death, I can easily imagine myself not being capable of going on or feeling like I deserve to live.

:dunno:

When I am old and not really functioning, I hope that I can off myself instead of having my kids wipe my ass and drool off my face. At this point in my life and because I have kids that depend on me, I can't really see it happening unless I had a terminal disease that was painful and I wanted them to get the insurance money before my health issues sucked our savings dry. :dunno:

If I knew that my friends and families' lives wouldn't be negatively effect by it.

When I am old and not really functioning, I hope that I can off myself instead of having my kids wipe my ass and drool off my face.

It'll really suck if they use the same paper towel. :cry:

What a bunch of clowns. My cat died. I think I'll kill myself. Waaaaaahhhhhhh!!!! :cry:

There are so many fruits in here, illegal aliens are already harvesting page one of this thread.

What a bunch of clowns. My cat died. I think I'll kill myself. Waaaaaahhhhhhh!!!! :cry:

There are so many fruits in here, illegal aliens are already harvesting page one of this thread.

what was its name?

If I woke up in bed next to any of you asshats...

what was its name?

I didn't ask, but if I had to guess, Pedro, Renaldo, Alfie, and El Guapo.

I didn't ask, but if I had to guess, Pedro, Renaldo, Alfie, and El Guapo.

Did he have a sweater?

Did he have a sweater?

No, but he did have a plethora of pinatas.

If I was forced to live in Philadelphia. WTF is the matter with you people? I work for a worldwide company and we have special rules for dealing with Philadelphia, just because the people there are such asshats.

If I woke up in bed next to any of you asshats...

As opposed to the ghey asshat you currently wake up next to?

As opposed to the ghey asshat you currently wake up next to?

:pointstosky:

If I woke up in bed next to my boyfriend stuffing some guy's ass...

fixed

Yes. I have actually thought about it many times. While I was in the military, I was a Medic in the US Navy. I was stationed in Italy and a new family was stationed there. In the middle of October, the kids decided to wonder out into the ocean and was swept out by the current. To make a long story short, we worked on them for over an hour with no result. We lost them both. This married couple just lost their whole family in a few days of being stationed there. The mom said horrible things to us, like how we killed her kids, and just horrible things that stay with me today. I hear her screams and cries and yells everyday. Another time I watched a young Marine shoot himself in the head with a M 16 on the shooting range. That was great having to piece his head together again. I have seen just about everyway a person can die....all by the ripe old age of 22. Good times the military was :(

Yes. I have actually thought about it many times. While I was in the military, I was a Medic in the US Navy. I was stationed in Italy and a new family was stationed there. In the middle of October, the kids decided to wonder out into the ocean and was swept out by the current. To make a long story short, we worked on them for over an hour with no result. We lost them both. This married couple just lost their whole family in a few days of being stationed there. The mom said horrible things to us, like how we killed her kids, and just horrible things that stay with me today. I hear her screams and cries and yells everyday. Another time I watched a young Marine shoot himself in the head with a M 16 on the shooting range. That was great having to piece his head together again. I have seen just about everyway a person can die....all by the ripe old age of 22. Good times the military was :(

I masturbated to this post.

:thumbsup:

Traumatized or not, hoars like this need punched square in the focking face. Or you come back with "Uhh, sorry, think you were the one that killed them by not watching them better. You should join them".

I couldn't afford a hose

Wow. Not being able to afford a suicide attempt would make me want to as well.

Traumatized or not, hoars like this need punched square in the focking face. Or you come back with "Uhh, sorry, think you were the one that killed them by not watching them better. You should join them".

We worked so long doing cpr and shooting them with epi, we even tried shocking them even though it didnt call for it. We broke ribs doing the cpr and everytime someone would do compressions, the person doing the mouth to mouth would get a mouth full of pink frothy sputum. It was not a good thing, I can taste that taste today. I gagged with every breath I had to give. We didnt have the nonrebreathers back then, so it was mouth to mouth....awful.