Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Roy Moore (R) Alabamer - diddled a 14 year old girl ?

Who would ever expose their dirty laundry for the sake of politics? EVERYONE has made mistakes. EVERYONE has caused another to feel uneasy for one reason or another. EVERYONE has been involved in a situation where sexual allegations of harassment could be made.

Being in the spotlight is slowly losing its coolness....especially for political purposes.

Now, carry on.

With a 14 year old?

With a 14 year old?

How old was Mr. Moore then? I'm just curious.

Edit 32

Yes, a problem if it happened. Also a problem it's being addressed 40 years later. Why so long? The focker should have been tried and justice served then, not now that the Boogyman is the President.

• Like 1

Is this result a referendum on Pedo's first and foremost, or is it a referendum on Trump, et al. I would hope the former.

Is this result a referendum on Pedo's first and foremost, or is it a referendum on Trump, et al. I would hope the former.

I'd be interested to see the numbers on vote splits by race, gender, age, etc.

Whites voted for Moore.

Blacks voted Democrat in office.

Why? What do you expect to see?

I don't necessarily EXPECT to see anything necessarily. I guess I would figure that white males largely went Moore. AA's went Dem.

White women is what interests me. Especially republican ones. How many of them flipped. That would give you an indication of how much the scandal mattered.

Young people turnout also interests me. Could be an indication of what we can expect in future races. Meaning, is there a trump backlash movement coming. I dunno.

Whites voted for Moore.

That I would certainly expect.

White men and women, even college educated women, voted for Moore.

From CNN:

Jones' victory was fueled by huge turnout -- and near-unanimous support -- from black voters.

Turnout was much stronger in heavily African-American counties, relative to recent presidential elections, than in rural, white counties.

CNN's exit poll found that 30% of the electorate was black -- a higher share than in the 2008 and 2012 elections, when Barack Obama was on the ballot. The exit poll showed that 96% of black voters backed Jones.

From CNN:

Jones' victory was fueled by huge turnout -- and near-unanimous support -- from black voters.

Turnout was much stronger in heavily African-American counties, relative to recent presidential elections, than in rural, white counties.

CNN's exit poll found that 30% of the electorate was black -- a higher share than in the 2008 and 2012 elections, when Barack Obama was on the ballot. The exit poll showed that 96% of black voters backed Jones.

So he still got roughly 20% of the electorate from somewhere else. I wonder if republicans, especially women, stayed home? Did many flip? I guess there's not an easy way to know.

They should give Mensa a I Supported a Child Mokester and All I Got Was This Stupid T-shirt shirt. 👕

I still don't know why people care so much. There is going to be another election in a year. Are the parties messages so bad that an alleged pedophile almost won? Both sides look dumb here. You nominated an alleged pedo, and the other side barely beat an alleged pedo. It's just so crazy

Good for Alabama.

No doubt. The rest of the country thanks you so we don't have to talk about this dumbfuck anymoore.

I still don't know why people care so much. There is going to be another election in a year. Are the parties messages so bad that an alleged pedophile almost won? Both sides look dumb here. You nominated an alleged pedo, and the other side barely beat an alleged pedo. It's just so crazy

It's a southern thing. A lot like Texas. :wave:

So he still got roughly 20% of the electorate from somewhere else. I wonder if republicans, especially women, stayed home? Did many flip? I guess there's not an easy way to know.

Support from women hands Democrats victory in Alabama: Exit polls

Among key groups, Democrat Doug Jones led Moore by 17 percentage points among women in exit poll results, 58-41 percent, a sharp shift from 12- and 21-point Republican margins among women in the 2012 presidential and 2008 Senate elections in the state, the last two races in which exit polls were conducted.

Jones’ support from women was concentrated, in particular, among women with children under 18 at home, who backed him by 66-32 percent. The Moore controversy involved his alleged advances toward young and underage women.

Jones won 31 percent of whites, double Barack Obama’s share in 2012 and nearly triple the Democratic share in the 2008 Senate race. College-educated white women and non-evangelical whites swung very sharply toward the Democrat. Blacks, a nearly unanimous group for Jones, accounted for 28 percent of voters, in line with their past turnout despite a more restrictive voter ID law enacted in 2014.

Bet I can guess a couple of Amendments Roy Moore felt were causing problems for the country.

Who would ever expose their dirty laundry for the sake of politics? EVERYONE has made mistakes. EVERYONE has caused another to feel uneasy for one reason or another. EVERYONE has been involved in a situation where sexual allegations of harassment could be made.

Being in the spotlight is slowly losing its coolness....especially for political purposes.

Now, carry on.

I agree but Moore was different. Dude was banned from a mall for crying out loud. Hes practically the guy that isnt allowed within five hundred feet of a school zone.

That said, slippery slope and all yes.

"Blacks, a nearly unanimous group for Jones, accounted for 28 percent of voters, in line with their past turnout despite a more restrictive voter ID law enacted in 2014."

What I take away from all this is that asking someone for their focking drivers license does not cause the turnout to go down and is therefore not racist.

I agree but Moore was different. Dude was banned from a mall for crying out loud. Hes practically the guy that isnt allowed within five hundred feet of a school zone.

That said, slippery slope and all yes.

There is LITERALLY no proof of this. Not only that he was a D. A. and an Alabama supreme court justice. But these stories come out about him just before an important election? Gimme a break. Thats not real.

It is like saying Obama is a Muslim. Nice to play to the retards but most people should be able to see through it.

There is LITERALLY no proof of this. Not only that he was a D. A. and an Alabama supreme court justice. But these stories come out about him just before an important election? Gimme a break. Thats not real.

It is like saying Obama is a Muslim. Nice to play to the retards but most people should be able to see through it.

If he hadnt pretty much admitted to it, Id maybe agree

Could you please link me to where he says HE says a mall banned him from visiting? Saying he "pretty much admitted it" is like being kinda pregnant. Its either one or the other.

Moore is 100% the worst kind of Republican politician: a phony Christian hypocrite and a baby diddler whos disdainful of the law hes supposed to uphold. Fock him. And the horse he rode in on.

Could you please link me to where he says HE says a mall banned him from visiting? Saying he "pretty much admitted it" is like being kinda pregnant. Its either one or the other.

Im referring mostly to the hannity interview.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vox.com/platform/amp/policy-and-politics/2017/11/10/16635442/roy-moore-hannity-interview-sex-allegations

In truth, this one has too many moving parts for me to have a strong opinion on it's meaning.

When I think it through, I tend to think the following:

- Big picture, Trump has hurt the GOP immensely in swing states in 2018. Hatred is a more motivational emotion that support, so every democrat will show up to vote, and I believe moderates will lean left because they want something more stable in power.

- In states like Alabama, Trump has done no damage whatsoever. His base loves him, and there are certain areas of the south that are so comprised of his base that those states are untouchable. This loss was all about Roy Moore. In a moderate state, he loses the general election 70/30, yet in Bama he is close enough to hold out hope for a recount.

In 2018, the Democrats will make up ground, but it's hard to see them flipping the house. I believe in 2020 we will see most everything swing the left's way much like we did the right's a year ago.

But I've been very wrong about Trump's success the entire way, so I can admit I may be way off again.

In 2018, the Democrats will make up ground, but it's hard to see them flipping the house. I believe in 2020 we will see most everything swing the left's way much like we did the right's a year ago.

Things have been swinging the right's way since 2010. The pendulum is bound to swing back eventually, problem is, the Dem's don't do themselves any favors...

And to the surprise of nobody, the POTUS says he was right all along about Moore and the GOP needs better candidates, mere hours after openly stumping for a chester. :doh: :lol:

I really hope youre wrong about flipping the house, because what we really need are 1) checks and balances, and 2) these crooks (from both sides) to be forced to start working together, for the people, instead of their handlers.

Its never a good thing, when one party has all of the control. Were just lucky that the current GOP is completely inept, or theyd be doing even more damage than they are.

Whites voted for Moore.

I have serious doubts, but I hope this is an awakening. The Black Vote, specifically the young Black Vote, can affect real change. The older generation largely supported Hillary due to their Clinton loyalties.

I really hope youre wrong about flipping the house, because what we really need are 1) checks and balances, and 2) these crooks (from both sides) to be forced to start working together, for the people, instead of their handlers.

Its never a good thing, when one party has all of the control. Were just lucky that the current GOP is completely inept, or theyd be doing even more damage than they are.

33 seats up for grabs in 2018. 25 Democratic seats are up (10 of which are in states Trump won last year) vs 8 seats held by Republicans.....It's just unlikely math to think you can hold all 25 and take 2 more.....But if the Democrats do pull that long shot off, I'd consider it a hugely bigly rebuke of Trump. No other way to see it in my opinion. Here is hoping.

• Like 1

33 seats up for grabs in 2018. 25 Democratic seats are up (10 of which are in states Trump won last year) vs 8 seats held by Republicans.....It's just unlikely math to think you can hold all 25 and take 2 more.....But if the Democrats do pull that long shot off, I'd consider it a hugely bigly rebuke of Trump. No other way to see it in my opinion. Here is hoping.

won't Trump be in prison by then ?

won't Trump be in prison by then ?

impeached, actually :dunno:

Maybe even executed for treason...but probably no better than a 5% chance of that by that point. :dunno:

Maybe even executed for treason...but probably no better than a 5% chance of that by that point. :dunno:

You think Putin would have him executed?

Wake up call. Even without the allegations the guy was an embarrassment. Blessing in disguise.

From CNN:

Turnout was much stronger in heavily African-American counties, RELATIVE to recent presidential elections, than in rural, white counties

Reading is fundamental. The above is crucial. Need to look at it in absolute numbers, not oh well, nobody voted for Hillary so this time 10 people voted Democrat so there was a huge increase relative to last time!

Get the point?

Exactly. This interview, on the friendliest of grounds is what killed him. It's what started the f****** Landslide for Christ's sake! Listen to or read the interview! Hannity was doing his best to walk this guy away from absolutely horrible answers and moore just kept coming up with the worst kind of s***.

People have a stunningley bad memories around here.

Hannity: so you've never dated an underage girl right? Right right right?

Moore: well, if I did, I always got their mama's permission first!

Hannity bangs head against wall....

• Like 1

So, just to be clear, is the left really acting like this is some resounding victory? Jones BARELY beat a man accused of being a hebefile and/or ephebophile - a very damaged candidate to begin with. If you BARELY beat someone accused of being a pervert, what does that say about you?

Do they think they would have won against any other candidate than Moore? They don't hold on to this seat very long, IMO.

So, just to be clear, is the left really acting like this is some resounding victory? Jones BARELY beat a man accused of being a hebofile and/or exofile - a very damaged candidate to begin with.

Do they think they would have won against any other candidate than Moore?

I think most around here are pretty sensible about it.

I couldn't even imagine how it is playing on the 24 hour cable news networks though. I'll let wiffle gather all the info and fill us in on that.

I think most around here are pretty sensible about it.

I couldn't even imagine how it is playing on the 24 hour cable news networks though. I'll let wiffle gather all the info and fill us in on that.

Basically, liberals everywhere are ejaculating all over themselves over it. I was on a forum where a MALE poster said he had tears in his eyes. Literal tears. They consider this the greatest victory ever and a sign of things to come.

So, just to be clear, is the left really acting like this is some resounding victory? Jones BARELY beat a man accused of being a hebefile and/or ephebophile - a very damaged candidate to begin with. If you BARELY beat someone accused of being a pervert, what does that say about you?

Do they think they would have won against any other candidate than Moore? They don't hold on to this seat very long, IMO.

I dont want to overstate the impact, but... Alabama has turned blue. Its only a matter of time before the rest of the Deep South follows and we finally get V.I. Lenin Jr. in as president/premier :wub: