Sign in to follow this  
naomi

Baptist. Substitute teacher. Alpaca farmer.

This may be peenied to protect my sensitive female feelings but the rough thought going in is I'll put my periodic online dating complaints/musings in here.

Using Christian Mingle.

The title was the headline (there are no traditional headlines, only breakdowns of facts about you) of one guy.

First complaint: I wish my parents had not given my brothers such common names. They are both usually in the top 10, maybe haven't fallen out of it in the last 50 years. I'll not pass on a guy because he has my brother's name but it's always a slightly awkward bummer.

The biggest data note that has jumped out is the amount of short men still on the market in their late twenties- mid thirties. There are men of all heights (height is listed with each profile snapshot in the index of profiles) but it really seems like in contrast to the amount of men that short in society, they're definitely over-represented on this site. Maybe I need to actually crunch these numbers because I'm starting to feel bad for short guys; didn't realize it was this bad.

The biggest data note that has jumped out is the amount of short men still on the market in their late twenties- mid thirties. There are men of all heights (height is listed with each profile snapshot in the index of profiles) but it really seems like in contrast to the amount of men that short in society, they're definitely over-represented on this site. Maybe I need to actually crunch these numbers because I'm starting to feel bad for short guys; didn't realize it was this bad.

Could you be with a guy whos shorter than you? Long term.

Some lady (32C) my wife (34DD) works with remarked recently about how all the tall guys get scooped up pretty quick once they are on the market. Maybe the littler guys stand a better chance to come with some ego.

What's the biggest detractor right off; short guy or bald guy?

Could you be with a guy whos shorter than you? Long term.

Yes. I would have to be enamored overall to "overlook" it though. I used to not understand why height was a big deal to women, and I've seriously dated two guys around my height (5'6") and it didn't phase me, except in hindsight I can see how they had complexes (not that every short guy has to). Otherwise I've only dated tall guys and the last person was super tall. A switch got flipped and I'm not indifferent anymore. Short is not a deal breaker though.

Some lady (32C) my wife (34DD) works with remarked recently about how all the tall guys get scooped up pretty quick once they are on the market. Maybe the littler guys stand a better chance to come with some ego.

What's the biggest detractor right off; short guy or bald guy?

Bald looks great on some guys, decent on some, but generally speaking, bald is the bigger detractor.

It's really no surprise chronic welcher is short and has a small peemus. You need to have better taste in men.

• Like 3

It's really no surprise chronic welcher is short and has a small peemus. You need to have better taste in men.

:first:

The first guy that has ticked all the boxes but has one big drawback (has been married and has a kid; looking for someone who's never been married)...has my brother's name.

The 2nd guy, had a great, long conversation with him last night, and am going to 'move it to Skype.' Knew a fair amount of deeper stuff about him without knowing his name yet. Well, it's my brother's name again, and the same one in this case.

Weirder part (there was allusion that he does videography for a conservative figure), he is Milo Yianapollis (sp) camera man. Milo posted a video (it's on his FB) of his camera guy getting assaulted so the most I've now seen of him is that.

How old are you? Youve gotta be over 30 in which case I think you cannot discount previously married dudes.

Baptist and a sub teacher........im putting the odds of currently banging a student at 97%.

Worms, at the 'lady's don't tell' age.

This guy is more visible than I'd have assumed. Large social media followings. Will be interesting to see if we can maintain humble, candid conversation being that he is a somewhat crazy rabble-rouser who has much different candor while 'out there.'

Cyclone, that was a guy's details.

I pass on any women with my mom's name or my sister's name. No exceptions