Sign in to follow this  
Kopy

2018 offseason fantasy offer/trade thread

For

12 teams 35 roster spots

Too early for me to value this type of pick trade personally. I won't be through player evals until March and then things will change again with the NFL draft.

In a vacuum I like the value of that group of 4 over 1.06, 1.07............ for a 35 roster slot league. The reverse would be true in smaller leagues.

However, I have had really good luck drafting in that middle of the first area which would make me hesitant even if I value the 4 picks higher. It seems the occasional uber-talented prospect can fall into that range if the perception of landing spot is poor and or minor camp injuries...........Beckham comes to mind as one I was fortunate to have fall there in a number of leagues.

10 team superflex w/ IDP (40 man rosters)

Traded: Brandin Cooks, ASJ, Jamal Adams
Received: Jameis Winston, Coby Fleener, 6.06

Going into this trade, my QBs on this rebuild were: Sam Bradford, Blaine Gabbert, Josh McCown, Carson Palmer, and Bryce Petty.

In a superflex, you better be able to start 2QBs every week. I had none. Getting max value wasn't as important to me as getting a starter for the next 5+ years.

Jameis, while he has his faults, should play a lot better in 2018 than he did in 2017. His age helps too, in that he's only 24 years old still. While I didn't want to get rid of Cooks, I do think he's slightly overvalued by the fantasy community, and with Edelman coming back next season, that could be a crowded group of pass catchers with a 41 year old Brady.

Gave: Reed, Vernon Davis, Ingram, Manny Sanders.

Got: Crowell, Dez, Hunter Henry, early 2019 3rd.

Reed was at the end of his contract so had to go.

Gave: Reed, Vernon Davis, Ingram, Manny Sanders.

Got: Crowell, Dez, Hunter Henry, early 2019 3rd.

Reed was at the end of his contract so had to go.

I think you got good

Really, really hard to peg a value for Reed at this point though

Your dynasty team RB and TE

Gurley

Fournette

McCaffery

Collins

Coleman

Clement

Hunter Henry

Witten

would you trade McCaffery for Gronk

Your dynasty team RB and TE

Gurley

Fournette

McCaffery

Collins

Coleman

Clement

Hunter Henry

Witten

would you trade McCaffery for Gronk

Not for gronk. Having depth is huge at RB for dynasty. If I did want to go that route, I would go after Kelce or that guy on the Giants. Engram.

This is assuming you are in a PPR, which is where the value is in McCaffrey of course.

Go Cubs!!

Count me in also, no waayyyy would I trade Mccaffery for Gronk.

I think Mccaferry could be the second best rb on your team.

Gronk might not even play this next season.

I like Mccaferry a lot, and more then others, I'm keeping him.

Thanks guys I'm actually the Gronk owner. I've taken over a team that's kinda blah. Just throwing out potential trade offers to see what others think.

Martavis Bryant and a 2019 first

for

Philip Rivers and a 2018 2.1

Travis Kelce for Michael Thomas and 2.3

12 team ppr. Qb,2rb,3wr,te,flex

In strict dynasty roster value terms I'd take the MT side of that trade unequivocally. I think MTs style transcends Brees and he will be productive with his next QB. MT is 4 yrs younger than Kelce, not even in his prime vs Kelce who is in his prime and maybe has a 3yr window at a position that tends to break down earlier than WR for high touch players.

That said, I get the deal for an owner who is otherwise set at WR and just needs the cherry on top of differentiation at TE to make a dominant run.

Is it a TE premy league?

In strict dynasty roster value terms I'd take the MT side of that trade unequivocally. I think MTs style transcends Brees and he will be productive with his next QB. MT is 4 yrs younger than Kelce, not even in his prime vs Kelce who is in his prime and maybe has a 3yr window at a position that tends to break down earlier than WR for high touch players.

That said, I get the deal for an owner who is otherwise set at WR and just needs the cherry on top of differentiation at TE to make a dominant run.

Is it a TE premy league?

No, but his only other TE is Greg Olsen. And I think Olsens retirement talk today scared him.

That said. The Kelce owner also has Delanie Walker and Jonnu Smith. So while good this year, they could be in the same position themselves next year.

No, but his only other TE is Greg Olsen. And I think Olsens retirement talk today scared him.

That said. The Kelce owner also has Delanie Walker and Jonnu Smith. So while good this year, they could be in the same position themselves next year.

I love Kelce more than most IMO, and for a good long while now, but I think the MT side of that trade is decidedly better in a dynasty, start 3WR (at least) format with no TE premium scoring.................but what say you Kopy?

Travis Kelce for Michael Thomas and 2.3

12 team ppr. Qb,2rb,3wr,te,flex

This is an even trade I think. Kelce though is a set it and forget it player at a position where only a few guys provide consistent weekly top results at their position.

I love Kelce more than most IMO, and for a good long while now, but I think the MT side of that trade is decidedly better in a dynasty, start 3WR (at least) format with no TE premium scoring.................but what say you Kopy?

I'd say its a fair trade. I would definitely like to be on the Thomas side of the deal right now. But then if the owner goes ahead and nails that 2.3 pick. That might sway it in his favor.

David Johnson and Dede Westbrook

for

Lesean McCoy and Adam Thielen

12 team PPR. 1qb, 2rb, 4wr, 1te

Looks to me about as even as you can get.

I'd be Ok with either end.

David Johnson and Dede Westbrook

for

Lesean McCoy and Adam Thielen

12 team PPR. 1qb, 2rb, 4wr, 1te

Looks to me about as even as you can get.

I'd be Ok with either end.

I wouldn't do it. Westbrook has the upside to be as good as Thielen and Johnson is better (and younger), than McCoy. Also, I like AZ's situation more than Buffalo's.

I wouldn't do it. Westbrook has the upside to be as good as Thielen and Johnson is better (and younger), than McCoy. Also, I like AZ's situation more than Buffalo's.

I'm a Westbrook fan myself.

only if f I'm the team getting Garoppolo, Gordon, and Thomas.

Yeah agreed, I personally think its close to being unfair...............probably gotta really love Gurley and also be pretty low on Gordon to make that one

I don't think it's that terrible of a deal. I would definitely rather be on the Garoppolo, Gordon and Thomas side of the deal.

I think the Dez part of the deal is the crappy part. If it was a different reciever than other than him, I'd call it pretty even.

I've been scanning dynasty startup data for the last 30 min and I'm pretty confident saying Saquan Barkley has passed David Johnson for dynasty startup ADP as of now, earlier than my "by summer drafts" prediction.

Perhaps it swings back if Barkley lands poorly. No survey to go along with the data but I suspect owners feel Az is now a shaky enough location that they are willing to take the risk of landing spot for Barkley all things considered.

This one is kind of interesting. It's a 14 teamer.

Team A traded 1.01

Team B traded 1.02, Joe Mixon, and a 2019 first.

Everyone is saying team B won the trade hands down.

But I'd rather be team A personally.

This one is kind of interesting. It's a 14 teamer.

Team A traded 1.01

Team B traded 1.02, Joe Mixon, and a 2019 first.

Everyone is saying team B won the trade hands down.

But I'd rather be team A personally.

In a vacuum my first blush Team A as well Kopy but number of roster slots can swing that type of deal on the margins.

18-20 protected roster slots, its Team A for me

30+ roster slots with no cuts, I think I'd rather have Team B even though I'm all in on Barkley............... but I'd be praying for a good landing spot in the NFL draft this year for one of a couple of non-Barkley RBs.

How that '19 first "looks" in terms of draft zip code could matter too, I value having an extra forward 1st in back pocket more than most

Stafford/Gurley/Dez

for

Garoppolo/Melvin Gordon/Michael Thomas?

Made the following deal:

Matt Ryan/Gurley/Dez

for

Garoppolo/Gordon/MT

• Like 1

Made the following deal:

Matt Ryan/Gurley/Dez

for

Garoppolo/Gordon/MT

I would put Stafford and Ryan in the same tier.

So either way, I like your side of things.

I just did a 1.12, 2.12, 3.12 this year. And a 1st, 2nd, 3rd next year.

For:

Isaiah Crowell and a first next year.

It takes me completely out of this year's draft, but I'm not that high on this years class outside of a few.

I got a great team, and just wanted 1 more RB bench option. (Always loved Crowells potential).

Plus he's a bad team, so it should be a top half pick next year. I'd say, 1.6, worst case scenario for me.

I just did a 1.12, 2.12, 3.12 this year. And a 1st, 2nd, 3rd next year.

For:

Isaiah Crowell and a first next year.

It takes me completely out of this year's draft, but I'm not that high on this years class outside of a few.

I got a great team, and just wanted 1 more RB bench option. (Always loved Crowells potential).

Plus he's a bad team, so it should be a top half pick next year. I'd say, 1.6, worst case scenario for me.

Huh?

12 Team PPR TE yardage bonus

Team A got

Wilson, Russell SEA QB

Henry, Derrick TEN RB

Adams, Davante GBP WR

Njouku, David CLE TE

Walker, Delanie TEN TE

Pick1.08, Pick 4.05;

2019 Round 2 Draft Pick; 2019 Round 3 Draft Pick

Team B got

Wentz, Carson PHI QB

Hunt, Kareem KCC RB

Graham, Jimmy GBP TE

Pick 1.04;Year 2018 Draft Pick 2.07

2019 Round 1 Draft Pick

Team A got Wilson, Russell SEA QB;Henry, Derrick TEN RB;Adams, Davante GBP WR;Njoku, David CLE TE;Walker, Delanie TEN TE; Year 2018 Draft Pick 1.08;Year 2018 Draft Pick 4.05; Year 2019 Round 2 Draft Pick;Year 2019 Round 3 Draft Pick

Team B got Wentz, Carson PHI QB;Hunt, Kareem KCC RB;Graham, Jimmy GBP TE; Year 2018 Draft Pick 1.04;Year 2018 Draft Pick 2.07; Year 2019 Round 1 Draft Pick

I'm a simple man, that makes my head hurt.

Team A got Wilson, Russell SEA QB;Henry, Derrick TEN RB;Adams, Davante GBP WR;Njoku, David CLE TE;Walker, Delanie TEN TE; Year 2018 Draft Pick 1.08;Year 2018 Draft Pick 4.05; Year 2019 Round 2 Draft Pick;Year 2019 Round 3 Draft Pick

Team B got Wentz, Carson PHI QB;Hunt, Kareem KCC RB;Graham, Jimmy GBP TE; Year 2018 Draft Pick 1.04;Year 2018 Draft Pick 2.07; Year 2019 Round 1 Draft Pick

Team A

Would you guys give juju + eagles to receive amari in a dynasty?

It's a start 2 dst league. Also have lions, cards

Most places I'm seeing rate cooper as the better dynasty player....