Sign in to follow this  
tikigods

Teen jailed for Facebook comment learning prison is not so much fun

Actually my car may not reach 100 MPH. But I would be speeding, sure.

What would your reaction be if someone said they were planning to kill some kids and you knew your kid's class was closer to him than anyone else's?

I'd prolly call the school and tell them the guys name, description, and what he posted. Then I would suggest they call the authorities, and I would tell them I would be there ASAP to pick my kid up.

Ya know, common sense approach. But your John Wayne reaction is duly noted.

I'd prolly call the school and tell them the guys name, description, and what he posted. Then I would suggest they call the authorities, and I would tell them I would be there ASAP to pick my kid up.

Ya know, common sense approach. But your John Wayne reaction is duly noted.

I would do all that as well. Then I would likely break traffic laws getting there as quickly as I could. But I have this weird thing about protecting my daughter.

The larger point I was making is that threatening to kill kindergartners could start a sequence of events that cause problems. Maybe it's just distracting the police for awhile and they aren't there to help someone else. Maybe it's some nut grabbing his gun and shooting the college aged kid if he sees him near that school after reading that. Or maybe someone with Newtown fresh in their mind panics and drives too fast.

In other words, the point I was making was lost on you. It being a day of the week that ends in Y and all. Or more likely it wasn't lost on you but you were doing the thing you do. Either way...

Saying you would rush to your daughter's school is now a John Wayne reaction? Awesome!

Saying you would rush to your daughter's school is now a John Wayne reaction? Awesome!

Let's see: continue to troll a lightly trafficked message board 24/7, or rush off to save your flesh and blood from harm?

Obviously only a movie character would go with the latter option.

I'm ok with the kid being taught a lesson as he's probably worthless as fock to begin with. But leave it to Texas to piss all over a good thing.

The larger point I was making is that threatening to kill kindergartners could start a sequence of events that cause problems. Maybe it's just distracting the police for awhile and they aren't there to help someone else. Maybe it's some nut grabbing his gun and shooting the college aged kid if he sees him near that school after reading that. Or maybe someone with Newtown fresh in their mind panics and drives too fast.

This is a valid point, which is why I understand the rationalization for some sort of punishment. But I think we have a larger issue of how to (or should we) police comments on social media. At this point it seems completely unstructured and arbitrary.

RP would go make sure his kids were ok, unless he was in the middle of curb stomping soneone in a thread. We all know this is his life.

• Like 1

Blowing thru intersections at 100 MPH is.

But you guys have just explained that away as a joke.

Blowing thru intersections at 100 MPH is.

But you guys have just explained that away as a joke.

Simple logic and common sense explains that away as an exaggeration.

Still nothing makes it John Wayne like...just another idiotic attempt by you really.

Simple logic and common sense explains that away as an exaggeration.

Still nothing makes it John Wayne like...just another idiotic attempt by you really.

So your precious kid isn't worth 100 MPH.

How about 80? 60?

So your precious kid isn't worth 100 MPH.

How about 80? 60?

blah blah blah.

Nothing huh?

As expected. :thumbsup:

Nothing to combat your completely idiotic post?

No...no real need to. You just keep looking like an idiot with each post...I really don't have to do much.

Nothing to combat your completely idiotic post?

No...no real need to. You just keep looking like an idiot with each post...I really don't have to do much.

His argument went down like a Korean jetliner in San Francisco.

Too early? :mellow:

His argument went down like a Korean jetliner in San Francisco.

Too early? :mellow:

I had no "argument", Sport.

I was asking Slo-N-Nuts a question he was scared to answer.

:dunno:

I love every time you do this.

It confirms you hit "view it anyway" and were too dumb to have a coherent response.

Good job, Tikiclod. Keep up the good work. :clap:

:dunno:

RP is pretty much begging you to reply. He's like some hag you dumped who won't stop calling drunk at 2 AM or hitting you up on Facebook. :lol:

RP is pretty much begging you to reply. He's like some hag you dumped who won't stop calling drunk at 2 AM or hitting you up on Facebook. :lol:

He needs validation, I'm sure. I feel bad for him. Seriously, I do. :(

I'm debating taking drobeski off ignore. I'm sure he has been ripping on the Canadiens. :thumbsdown:

I had no "argument", Sport.

I was asking Slo-N-Nuts a question he was scared to answer.

Why would I be scared to answer?

You were the one who got his panties in a bunch about what was said in this topic...calling driving fast a John Wayne tactic.

Now you are trying to turn it around on me because several here made you look stupid (as usual).

Its not our fault you are hugely on TILT (to use your own schtick).