Sign in to follow this  
kutulu

Self Defense Killing in Florida...Geeks got an opinion?

This was your statement which started this discussion. I responded that statements like this are why I find myself defending Zimmerman, and that you powers of logic are weak. You continued to defend it with the caveat that, well of course, not EVERYONE thinks this way.

I believe that in your heart you believe that the vast majority of Zimmerman supporters are racist, and that you only added that qualifier because absolutes are stupid. This is the insidiousness of the racism on your side. HTH.

These are hyper race-centric people. Its not about facts, its about creating a race narrative.

Chicken or the egg in whether its the american public seeking it and the media reinforcning it, or the media packaging it in a way to invoke its message to the people...

Well hey, if you're going to go on your mind-reading abilities and intuition then what can I say? Obviously in your head you've got me pegged. I think that's a nonstarter and sort of beneath you but I'm not going to sit here and defend things I don't believe.

I'm just going by your statements in this thread. :dunno: If you want to retract them, fine, there is a nobility to that. Better yet, assign a percentage to the number of Zimmerman supporters you believe are racist.

I'm just going by your statements in this thread. :dunno: If you want to retract them, fine, there is a nobility to that. Better yet, assign a percentage to the number of Zimmerman supporters you believe are racist.

Unlike many FFTers I'm not a lawyer and I don't play one online, so I'm not going to qualify everything I say just to prevent people like you from turning the thread into a typical RP semantic argument / pissing contest.

No, I don't believe that everyone who supports Zimmerman is a bigot. I do think conservative bigots are pretty well represented on this site. I base that on ten years of reading racist slurs on this site and the near constant crying about black people since Obummer came to office in 2008. Unless you're selectively blind I don't see how you've failed to notice guys like Gepetto and NorthernVike dropping n-bombs and people like drobeski, BudBro, RP, etc. constantly aluding to the president's race and posting over and over about the Black Panthers (even before the Martin thing).

You really haven't noticed this stuff at all? Or it's my fault for talking about it? :doh:

People who deny the very existence of racism are just as retarted as those who see racism around every corner.

Also, I live about 10 mi from where this happened. I really hope they keep the riots isolated to that sh!t hole.

People who deny the very existence of racism are just as retarted as those who see racism around every corner.

Also, I live about 10 mi from where this happened. I really hope they keep the riots isolated to that sh!t hole.

I don't think anyone denies the existence of isolated cases of racism. I don't think many people even deny that there could be certain police departments or organizations that exhibit institutionalized racism. I think the problem occurs when people want to pretend that it's almost universal or very widespread. There's a guy at FBG who has two black friends, and based on them, he believes pretty much all cops are racist. I don't get this since there are black cops but that's his shtick. Then there's guys like MDC suggesting that the vast majority of people offering any level of "support" to Zimmerman are probably racist, even if they're just suggesting that we wait for all information to come out before judging the man. And, of course, there are the people who only think racism exists against blacks. They think it's impossible for a black person to be racist.

Then there's guys like MDC suggesting that the vast majority of people offering any level of "support" to Zimmerman are probably racist

Do I have to say that I don't believe this a 3rd time before you guys stop using this as your knee-jerk defense mechanism?

I lived in Daytona for a few years and agree that hopefully they confine the destruction to Sanford. Where are you located?

Do I have to say that I don't believe this a 3rd time before you guys stop using this as your knee-jerk defense mechanism?

I was replying to Dan, not you.

I was replying to Dan, not you.

Yeah but you used my name and deliberately misrepresented my opinion.

Zimmerman made bail today...you should be safe. :banana:

Unlike many FFTers I'm not a lawyer and I don't play one online, so I'm not going to qualify everything I say just to prevent people like you from turning the thread into a typical RP semantic argument / pissing contest.

No, I don't believe that everyone who supports Zimmerman is a bigot. I do think conservative bigots are pretty well represented on this site. I base that on ten years of reading racist slurs on this site and the near constant crying about black people since Obummer came to office in 2008. Unless you're selectively blind I don't see how you've failed to notice guys like Gepetto and NorthernVike dropping n-bombs and people like drobeski, BudBro, RP, etc. constantly aluding to the president's race and posting over and over about the Black Panthers (even before the Martin thing).

You really haven't noticed this stuff at all? Or it's my fault for talking about it? :doh:

I believe there are racists here. I guess I've missed the "constantly alluding to the president's race" part though. Unless you mean things like the Black Panthers with their billy clubs at voting stations. I think it is fair to question the racial motivation of the administration's actions, or lack thereof, in such cases. Perhaps that makes me a racist. :dunno:

Zimmerman made bail today...you should be safe. :banana:

Awesome.

Also that milf judge who recused herself last week was the judge in my ex-wife's burglary case (she was 100% guilty, and walked).

I believe there are racists here. I guess I've missed the "constantly alluding to the president's race" part though. Unless you mean things like the Black Panthers with their billy clubs at voting stations. I think it is fair to question the racial motivation of the administration's actions, or lack thereof, in such cases.

I wasn't thining specifically of the Black Panthers. I was thinking about the neverending claims that Obummer was born outside of the US and that he's secretly a Muslim who hates America. Or outside of this site, the constant racist dog-whistles on the right, like calling Obummer the "food stamp" president or the stories about his wife's racist thesis (which never turned up) or the pics of him in witchdoctor garb, etc. This stuff has been so consistent from the GOP since 2008 that I don't buy it as joking or coincidence anymore, it's a percentage of fringe voters who are willing to express what a lot more of them won't. Like Geppetto and NorthernVike outright calling them n*ggers.

Perhaps that makes me a racist. :dunno:

No, questioning the administration's response to the Black Panthers doesn't make you a racist. Denying that the GOP has been tolerant of the element I described above does make you willfully blind though.

I believe there are racists here. I guess I've missed the "constantly alluding to the president's race" part though. Unless you mean things like the Black Panthers with their billy clubs at voting stations. I think it is fair to question the racial motivation of the administration's actions, or lack thereof, in such cases. Perhaps that makes me a racist. :dunno:

You don't think that whole "birther" movement was highly racist?

You don't think that whole "birther" movement was highly racist?

No. Like above, that is the type of movement that will attract racists, but it doesn't mean you are a racist if you question Obama's country of birth.

No. Like above, that is the type of movement that will attract racists, but it doesn't mean you are a racist if you question Obama's country of birth.

I suppose it is hypothetically possible to question Obama's country of birth and not be racist. But I would say the majority of people who got caught up in the birther thing are at least subconsciously racist. And a good number of them were overt racists.

This is the whole thing the right has done with Obama. They portray him as "the other". He wasn't born in your country, he doesn't share your religion, etc. What makes him so susceptible to these kinds of ridiculous portrayals? His race. It would never work on a white guy because people would look at him and say "well he looks like a regular American to me."

That movement also seemed to attract the kind of people who liked to call the president a tar baby and email pictures of watermelons growing on the front lawn of the White House and Obummer's face photoshopped onto an ape. And I'm talking about actual GOP officials here.

But I'm the racist one for talking about it. :thumbsup:

That movement also seemed to attract the kind of people who liked to call the president a tar baby and email pictures of watermelons growing on the front lawn of the White House and Obummer's face photoshopped onto an ape. And I'm talking about actual GOP officials here.

What percentage of GOP officials sent those types of things? The problem is one person does something like that and you indict the whole group.

I suppose it is hypothetically possible to question Obama's country of birth and not be racist. But I would say the majority of people who got caught up in the birther thing are at least subconsciously racist. And a good number of them were overt racists.

This is the whole thing the right has done with Obama. They portray him as "the other". He wasn't born in your country, he doesn't share your religion, etc. What makes him so susceptible to these kinds of ridiculous portrayals? His race. It would never work on a white guy because people would look at him and say "well he looks like a regular American to me."

Maybe the fact that he paid millions to hide every about him including his birth certificate ?

I always enjoy it when a person sterotypes a group of people they claim are sterotyping. :doublethumbsup:

So he produced the birth certificate prior to the election or was that 3 years into him being in office ? You have seen his transcripts from harvard and columbia ? There are more....... :rolleyes:

Obama's momma is white. That makes him 100% white. What kind of moron would call him something else, you racist faggut?

What makes him so susceptible to these kinds of ridiculous portrayals? His race.

Or the fact his past has been hidden from the media. (or could be read that the media has done a very selective 'vetting' of obama in the past)

I don't understand what was 'ridiculous' about it other than Obama stonewalling to make a political point. He is a public servant. If the people he represents request a piece of his qualifications, i find nothing ridiculous about providing it.

You could say its ridiculous the uproar over Romney providing 10+ years of tax returns... But if the public requests documents that help vet the candidate, i don't find it ridiculous at all...

What is ridiculous to me is that a public servant grandstands and makes it seem above the wishes of the citizenry they represent. That type of arrogance can be seen throughout his agenda (stuffing HC down the publics throat, etc...the obama record).

But this is a guy who became the Editor of the Harvard Law Review without EVER publishing a piece in the publication... This is the guy they drape Nobel Peace Prizes on before he has a record to stand on... (and that record contradicts the award). He has lived a life of expecting the seas to part for his emminance...

What percentage of GOP officials sent those types of things? The problem is one person does something like that and you indict the whole group.

If it were one person I wouldn't even comment on it. The problem is a consistent pattern of dog whistle politics and race-baiting coming particularly from the teabagger party contingent of the GOP. The other problem is the Republican party's willingness to tolerate race-baiters and to scapegoat people who complain about it.

I'm not going to speculate on the % of GOP officials who send those kinds of things. I am saying that it's consistent with the signs of Obummer as a witch doctor with a bone through his nose, Limbaugh making oreo "jokes" about the president, Glenn Beck saying the healthcare bill was about reparations, the re-nig in 2012 bumper stickers, the constant racist posters at teabagger party rallies, etc.

And you mention this stuff and the right-wing immediately gets hypersensitive and falls all over itself making excuses and pointing fingers elsewhere. The problem isn't me complaining about it, the problem is the party's willingness to tolerate this stuff.

If it were one person I wouldn't even comment on it. The problem is a consistent pattern of dog whistle politics and race-baiting coming particularly from the teabagger party contingent of the GOP. The other problem is the Republican party's willingness to tolerate race-baiters and to scapegoat people who complain about it.

I'm not going to speculate on the % of GOP officials who send those kinds of things. I am saying that it's consistent with the signs of Obummer as a witch doctor with a bone through his nose, Limbaugh making oreo "jokes" about the president, Glenn Beck saying the healthcare bill was about reparations, the re-nig in 2012 bumper stickers, the constant racist posters at teabagger party rallies, etc.

And you mention this stuff and the right-wing immediately gets hypersensitive and falls all over itself making excuses and pointing fingers elsewhere. The problem isn't me complaining about it, the problem is the party's willingness to tolerate this stuff.

Now you're just making stuff up.

Ironic for you to call the GOP the race baiters, funny even. :lol:

Like what?

The re-nig bumper sticker was ONE website selling it and it was yanked almost immediately. And from what I read the person didn't do it for political commentary. They just knew there were people that might buy it. It was pure capitalism.

The "constant racist posters" at tea party rallies. That's a load of Bull.

And the fact that you call them teabaggers says a lot about your ability to have a reasonable discussion on this issue. You want to talk about racism and then you use that term? Good one. Do you really think that's appropriate?

You are blinded by the smokescreen... The more you twist the conversation from real isses to race baiting, the more you steer the conversation off track... There are mouth breathing, knuckle dragging racists on the right, and flat out wack job commies on the left... but we all know those people don't matter. Their viewpoints don't matter, and aren't productive...

Spending time on those viewpoints is an opportunity cost from what we should be concentrating on. That vast majority of people aren't in either of these camps...

Its like the Iowa straw poll.. The Repubs give all this spotlight and value on a bunch of fringe...why? They fall all overthemselves placating the evangelical vote? WHY!!!!! There is 0% chance those people vote democratic. Why alienate the middle of the coutnry to placate people already in your back pocket?

The re-nig bumper sticker was ONE website selling it and it was yanked almost immediately. And from what I read the person didn't do it for political commentary. They just knew there were people that might buy it. It was pure capitalism.

The "constant racist posters" at tea party rallies. That's a load of Bull.

Tea party activist sending racist pics of Obummer as a witch doctor.

Republican speaker of the house in Kansas sending out emails about "YoMamma."

GOP officials in CA sending pics of Obummer as a monkey and watermelons growing on lawn of the White House.

GOP legislative aide in TN sending emails showing Obummer as set of white eyes in the dark.

GOP rep in CO calling Obummer a "tar baby."

Sarah Palin strangely saying Obummer wants to divide us by race like pre-Civil War.

Newt calling Obummer the food stamp president.

etc. etc. etc.

If it was one thing or an isolated incident I'd write it off, but it's such a consistent pattern since 2008 that I really don't believe it's a coincidence. And instead of calling people out for playing these kinds of games, the party leadership seems pretty content to ignore or deny it.

And the fact that you call them teabaggers says a lot about your ability to have a reasonable discussion on this issue. You want to talk about racism and then you use that term? Good one.

I think I can call them teabaggers AND talk about dog whistle politics. I'm good at multi-tasking.

Didn't the Tea Party coin the phrase "tea bagging?" I mean, not that kind of tea bagging but the kind they do?

Didn't the Tea Party coin the phrase "tea bagging?" I mean, not that kind of tea bagging but the kind they do?

It would be impossible for the tea party to have coined that phrase. There is no official tea party. It's a loose coalition of independent groups. Heck, in many places there are multiple tea party organizations with slightly different focuses not affiliated with other tea party organizations in the same area. Teabagger is a derogatory term. Even if one idiot tea partier somewhere used the phrase it doesn't diminish it's negativity. Black people use the N word but that doesn't allow everyone to do it.

Teabagger is a derogatory term.

I'd rather be the teabagger than the teabagee. :banana:

It would be impossible for the tea party to have coined that phrase. There is no official tea party. It's a loose coalition of independent groups. Heck, in many places there are multiple tea party organizations with slightly different focuses not affiliated with other tea party organizations in the same area. Teabagger is a derogatory term. Even if one idiot tea partier somewhere used the phrase it doesn't diminish it's negativity. Black people use the N word but that doesn't allow everyone to do it.

Do you consider this post racist?