Sign in to follow this  
MTSkiBum

Anyone having a worse week?

Sunday night my hot water heater started leaking. Pretty good too, equivalent to having a kitchen faucet fully open.

How did I find out it was leaking, like most Houston homes my hot water heater is in the attic, and while watching TV water started dripping down through the ceiling.

Turned off the water, drove a couple holes through the ceiling so that the water would not pool on the other side, and then took towels to everything. It doesnt look like anything is going to discolor because we caught it so fast.

Had the hot water heater replaced yesterday, was a 1000 dollars in labor. It took 3 guys to get the old one out of the attic and the new one in the attic.

Today I was driving to work, and sitting at a 4 way stop. Turned left and a Hispanic woman with no insurance slams my vehicle at 40 miles an hour. Because she did not have insurance, the police officer put the accident as no fault. So I am going to need to pay my 1000 dollar deductible.

The only slight bright spot is that the Acura I recently purchased was in at the dealer getting some pre-negotiated detailing, so I was driving a borrowed vehicle from the dealership. It wasn't my car that was demolished.

:doh:

I'd imagine waking up everyday and being RP, is still worse.

• Like 1

You're okay from the accident though?

Yeah I am fine. I was most the way through the intersection, destroyed the rear of the vehicle though.

She was driving an early 90's ford ranger. She was telling the officer over and over again how she was at a complete stop. You can see that the skid marks started around 10 feet from the stop sign.

Not even a dodge challenger could accelerate enough in 10 feet to do the damage that she did. I do not know who she was fooling.

• Like 1

Yeah I am fine. I was most the way through the intersection, destroyed the rear of the vehicle though.

She was driving an early 90's ford ranger. She was telling the officer over and over again how she was at a complete stop. You can see that the skid marks started around 10 feet from the stop sign.

Not even a dodge challenger could accelerate enough in 10 feet to do the damage that she did. I do not know who she was fooling.

Glad to hear you're alright :cheers:

Sorry about the rough week though. When it rains, it pours. But it'll pass

I bet she voted for obama.

that should ruin your thread and make your week worse :wave:

ugh. sounds like she fooled the cop though.

In Houston the cops don't want to deal with stuff like that. I've seen it a couple of times, just issue a no fault accident report and make the drivers figure it out themselves.

the guys that said they wanted to rape Schilling's daughter on twitter?

Not sure about TX but in Minny, a temporary substitute vehicle is covered by your property damage liability and has no deductible.

Not sure about TX but in Minny, a temporary substitute vehicle is covered by your property damage liability and has no deductible.

:thumbsup:

If I rent a car in Florida and get into an accident, if needed my insurance from MA will cover it.

:thumbsup:

If I rent a car in Florida and get into an accident, if needed my insurance from MA will cover it.

A new trick rental companies are using is charging for 'loss of use' of the rental car. In Minny we wont pay for that portion of the claim as it is not a direct physical loss. Something you should check into next time you rent a car.

A new trick rental companies are using is charging for 'loss of use' of the rental car. In Minny we wont pay for that portion of the claim as it is not a direct physical loss. Something you should check into next time you rent a car.

last time I rented in Orlando, the dude totally lied about the "new fast pass only" law that had just gone into effect down there. so I said fine, give me the fast pass. Was like 8 bucks a day. the ONE toll we went through, did have cash. When I turned the car in, I flipped the fock out. Not only did I get the money refunded for that, they gave me an extra $50 off for flipping out. Focking scumbags.

Sunday night my hot water heater started leaking. Pretty good too, equivalent to having a kitchen faucet fully open.

How did I find out it was leaking, like most Houston homes my hot water heater is in the attic, and while watching TV water started dripping down through the ceiling.

Turned off the water, drove a couple holes through the ceiling so that the water would not pool on the other side, and then took towels to everything. It doesnt look like anything is going to discolor because we caught it so fast.

Had the hot water heater replaced yesterday, was a 1000 dollars in labor. It took 3 guys to get the old one out of the attic and the new one in the attic.

Today I was driving to work, and sitting at a 4 way stop. Turned left and a Hispanic woman with no insurance slams my vehicle at 40 miles an hour. Because she did not have insurance, the police officer put the accident as no fault. So I am going to need to pay my 1000 dollar deductible.

The only slight bright spot is that the Acura I recently purchased was in at the dealer getting some pre-negotiated detailing, so I was driving a borrowed vehicle from the dealership. It wasn't my car that was demolished.

No fault because she wasnt insured? Why even get insurance?

No fault because she wasnt insured? Why even get insurance?

Meh, the cops opinion really doesn't matter. If the insurance company wants to go after her they will.

last time I rented in Orlando, the dude totally lied about the "new fast pass only" law that had just gone into effect down there. so I said fine, give me the fast pass. Was like 8 bucks a day. the ONE toll we went through, did have cash. When I turned the car in, I flipped the fock out. Not only did I get the money refunded for that, they gave me an extra $50 off for flipping out. Focking scumbags.

I don't understand what you're saying or why you were upset.

I don't understand what you're saying or why you were upset.

The guy told me florida had no more cash only options (new law had gone into effect) and if i didnt opt to pay for the (8.95 a day) fast pass, should i go through a toll, I would be penalized for not paying the toll.

Only toll I went through had a cash only option. Motherfocker lied.

Today I was driving to work, and sitting at a 4 way stop. Turned left and a Hispanic woman with no insurance slams my vehicle at 40 miles an hour. Because she did not have insurance, the police officer put the accident as no fault.

it is against the law to drive without insurance and cops don't make it no fault for that reason.

it is against the law to drive without insurance and cops don't make it no fault for that reason.

if you're here illegally, no.

it is also not against the law to be here illegally.

Worse week? Umm, maybe the 300 or so Christians kidnapped by ISIS last week. They prolly would trade places with you.

I have to go to Duluth, MN tomorrow for 3 days. :dunno:

5 inches of snow there today and by Wednesday night it will be -11. :overhead: :lol: :P

5 inches of snow there today and by Wednesday night it will be -11. :overhead: :lol: :P

:cry:

5 inches

Sounds about average ;)

• Like 1

Meh, the cops opinion really doesn't matter. If the insurance company wants to go after her they will.

Not sure how it works in texico.

I have to go to Duluth, MN tomorrow for 3 days. :dunno:

What's wrong with Duluth? I kinda liked that town from my time in Minnesota

That's why you carry uninsured motorist.

Don't most states require UIM coverage? Or no?

what kind of acura?

and my amex has rental insurance built into the card, you have to go an activate it, but it wasn't any money, or very little money i think...

Don't most states require UIM coverage? Or no?

Texas doesn't.

Tiger Woods

what kind of acura?

and my amex has rental insurance built into the card, you have to go an activate it, but it wasn't any money, or very little money i think...

I bought the mdx. My loaner vehicle from the dealer was a 2002 mdx.

What's wrong with Duluth? I kinda liked that town from my time in Minnesota

I can't stand the cold and I have to spend most of Thursday with state auditors in Superior. Duluth is nice in the summer.

I bought the mdx. My loaner vehicle from the dealer was a 2002 mdx.

nice, well, at least a good safe car... How'd you like the 2002 vs your newer one?

nice, well, at least a good safe car... How'd you like the 2002 vs your newer one?

Completely different vehicle.

For one the 2002 has a loose rear passenger tire and is all smashed in. :)

In all honesty the 2002 shifts rough, and is missing features that I would consider standard in a non luxury vehicle, like headlights that turn off automatically when locking the car doors.

I can't stand the cold and I have to spend most of Thursday with state auditors in Superior. Duluth is nice in the summer.

I like it in the wintertime too but I don't mind the cold. State auditors sounds awful though :cheers:

Completely different vehicle.

For one the 2002 has a loose rear passenger tire and is all smashed in. :)

In all honesty the 2002 shifts rough, and is missing features that I would consider standard in a non luxury vehicle, like headlights that turn off automatically when locking the car doors.

It's also 14 years ago. Can forgive not having an auto headlight feature. I don't use it in my 09 Acura

It's also 14 years ago. Can forgive not having an auto headlight feature. I don't use it in my 09 Acura

I had it on my 01 tundra and on my 99 outback. I thought it was standard starting in the late 90's.