Sign in to follow this  
Marshall

Any thoughts on Kaepernick's possible destination?

From today:

"After gracing the cover of Time last fall, Colin Kaepernick has been named to the magazine’s Top 100 Influential People list. Kaepernick’s protests impacted humanity on a global level. Some became empowered to enlist as community leaders or simply express their frustrations with a perceived cultural imbalance. Others tore apart every ounce of Kaepernick, from his motivation to his patriotism..."

It is good to see that he has garnered some public respect, after the vitriol and garbage that has been spewed in his general (and specific) direction...and all the sweeter that Jim Harbaugh was asked to pen his thoughts on this occasion.

Read on: http://thefootballgirl.com/jim-harbaugh-colin-kaepernick-time/

Since Kaepernick is popular with the Liberals, maybe he can pull a Tim Tebow and sign a minor league deal with the Dodgers. There doesn't appear to be any NFL teams who want him, so why not?

Since Kaepernick is popular with the Liberals, maybe he can pull a Tim Tebow and sign a minor league deal with the Dodgers. There doesn't appear to be any NFL teams who want him, so why not?

What does being Liberal have anything to do with this?

• Like 1

What does being Liberal have anything to do with this?

Because it's Obama's fault and if it wasn't for liberals, Trump would have already been able to make America great again.

• Like 1

Because it's Obama's fault and if it wasn't for liberals, Trump would have already been able to make America great again.

Yeah, he's doing a real bang up job. I don't plan on commenting anymore on this because it just becomes too political. I can't stand the current people in charge right now so it's best I just avoid commenting more.

Hawkeye21 - I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that Showboat's response was intended as sarcasm. B)

Hawkeye21 - I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that Showboat's response was intended as sarcasm. B)

I know it was. I still felt like commenting though because there are people who truly feel that way.

Not Obama, not Hillary, its them damn Russians.

I find it amusing that so many people are getting bent out of shape that he is still not signed. Did you really think nfl owners were going to sign a guy that uses their team as a platform for anything other than football? That was never going to happen. ever.

According to a sociologist 3 teams are interested in Kaep, they just need to figure which 3 are.

I find it amusing that so many people are getting bent out of shape that he is still not signed. Did you really think nfl owners were going to sign a guy that uses their team as a platform for anything other than football? That was never going to happen. ever.

That... plus he's really not that good.

That... plus he's really not that good.

That argument doesn't really fly. There are a lot of QBs that are much worse than him that have jobs. If Gabbert can get signed then so can Kaep. There are only two things I can see stopping him from getting a job right now - 1) Teams don't want his political baggage. 2) Kaep will only accept a starting job/money.

That argument doesn't really fly. There are a lot of QBs that are much worse than him that have jobs. If Gabbert can get signed then so can Kaep. There are only two things I can see stopping him from getting a job right now - 1) Teams don't want his political baggage. 2) Kaep will only accept a starting job/money.

Uh, pretty much what I said...

I quoted the previous post and said "Plus..." Like you put, he wants starter job/money, and as I continued, "... he's not that good."

Meaning, his distractions do not outweigh his talent. For all the flack he's going to generate for a team, he doesn't improve your team enough to warrant that.

Uh, pretty much what I said...

I quoted the previous post and said "Plus..." Like you put, he wants starter job/money, and as I continued, "... he's not that good."

Meaning, his distractions do not outweigh his talent. For all the flack he's going to generate for a team, he doesn't improve your team enough to warrant that.

Yeah, teams are willing to put up with the distractions if the player brings it on the field. But Kap has not been good enough to fit into that category.

If he thinks he's gonna go out and get 7-10 mil per year, he will sit a while. If he softens his salary expectations, he may find himself gainfully employed.

Actually it's your argument that doesn't fly. The NFL isn't a jobs program and dude isn't entitled to . He's not expert at reading defenses, he's been known as a poor passer, other than his mobility he's just not that good.

NFL teams can give a flying about his "political baggage." What they're not interested in is the ensuing media circus and clown zoo that will undoubtedly follow this dude wherever he goes. For a 3rd string QB? No thanks.

He knew what he was doing. Of course he had the right, don't dispute it. But HE created the hoopla ie. he created the media clown scene. Think Kelly liked dealing with it in Frisco? Forget the fact he's 3rd string talent (and he ain't beating out a Connor Cook for my team), the juice is FAR frpm being worth the squeeze. You pays your money you takes your choice.

NFL teams can give a flying ###### about his "political baggage." What they're not interested in is the ensuing media circus and clown zoo that will undoubtedly follow this dude wherever he goes. For a 3rd string QB? No thanks.

That sounds like political baggage to me

Actually it's your argument that doesn't fly. The NFL isn't a jobs program and dude isn't entitled to ######. He's not expert at reading defenses, he's been known as a poor passer, other than his mobility he's just not that good.

NFL teams can give a flying ###### about his "political baggage." What they're not interested in is the ensuing media circus and clown zoo that will undoubtedly follow this dude wherever he goes. For a 3rd string QB? No thanks.

He knew what he was doing. Of course he had the right, don't dispute it. But HE created the hoopla ie. he created the media clown scene. Think Kelly liked dealing with it in Frisco? Forget the fact he's 3rd string talent (and he ain't beating out a Connor Cook for my team), the juice is FAR frpm being worth the squeeze. You pays your money you takes your choice.

This made me laugh. Here are all the QBs currently on NFL rosters. Tell me which back ups are better than Kaepernick. Lets try to ignore off the field crap and other baggage, just base it on talent as a QB.

A NAME TEAM COLLEGE Allen, Brandon Jacksonville Jaguars Arkansas Anderson, Derek Carolina Panthers Oregon State B NAME TEAM COLLEGE Barkley, Matt San Francisco 49ers USC Beathard, C.J. San Francisco 49ers Iowa Bercovici, Mike Los Angeles Chargers Arizona State Bortles, Blake Jacksonville Jaguars UCF Boykin, Trevone Seattle Seahawks TCU Bradford, Sam Minnesota Vikings Oklahoma Brady, Tom New England Patriots Michigan Bray, Tyler Kansas City Chiefs Tennessee Brees, Drew New Orleans Saints Purdue Bridgewater, Teddy Minnesota Vikings Louisville Brissett, Jacoby New England Patriots NC State C NAME TEAM COLLEGE Callahan, Joe Green Bay Packers null Carr, Derek Oakland Raiders Fresno State Cassel, Matt Tennessee Titans USC Clemens, Kellen Los Angeles Chargers Oregon Cook, Connor Oakland Raiders Michigan State Cousins, Kirk Washington Redskins Michigan State D NAME TEAM COLLEGE Dalton, Andy Cincinnati Bengals TCU Daniel, Chase New Orleans Saints Missouri Dobbs, Joshua Pittsburgh Steelers Tennessee Doughty, Brandon Miami Dolphins Western Kentucky Driskel, Jeff Cincinnati Bengals Louisiana Tech Dysert, Zac Arizona Cardinals Miami (OH) F NAME TEAM COLLEGE Fales, David Miami Dolphins San José State Flacco, Joe Baltimore Ravens Delaware Foles, Nick Philadelphia Eagles Arizona G NAME TEAM COLLEGE Gabbert, Blaine Arizona Cardinals Missouri Garoppolo, Jimmy New England Patriots Eastern Illinois Gilbert, Garrett Carolina Panthers SMU Glennon, Mike Chicago Bears NC State Goff, Jared Los Angeles Rams California Grayson, Garrett New Orleans Saints Colorado State Griffin, Ryan Tampa Bay Buccaneers Tulane H NAME TEAM COLLEGE Hackenberg, Christian New York Jets Penn State Heinicke, Taylor Minnesota Vikings Old Dominion Henne, Chad Jacksonville Jaguars Michigan Hill, Taysom Green Bay Packers BYU Hogan, Kevin Cleveland Browns Stanford Hoyer, Brian San Francisco 49ers Michigan State Hundley, Brett Green Bay Packers UCLA J NAME TEAM COLLEGE Jenkins, Eli Los Angeles Chargers Jacksonville State Johnson, Josh New York Giants San Diego Jones, Cardale Buffalo Bills Ohio State Jones, Landry Pittsburgh Steelers Oklahoma K NAME TEAM COLLEGE Kaaya, Brad Detroit Lions Miami Keenum, Case Minnesota Vikings Houston Kelly, Chad Denver Broncos Ole Miss Kessler, Cody Cleveland Browns USC Kizer, DeShone Cleveland Browns Notre Dame Knight, Trevor Arizona Cardinals Texas A&M L NAME TEAM COLLEGE Luck, Andrew Indianapolis Colts Stanford Lunt, Wes Minnesota Vikings Illinois Lynch, Paxton Denver Broncos Memphis M NAME TEAM COLLEGE Mahomes II, Patrick Kansas City Chiefs Texas Tech Mallett, Ryan Baltimore Ravens Arkansas Manning, Eli New York Giants Ole Miss Mannion, Sean Los Angeles Rams Oregon State Manuel, EJ Oakland Raiders Florida State Mariota, Marcus Tennessee Titans Oregon McCarron, AJ Cincinnati Bengals Alabama McCown, Josh New York Jets Sam Houston State McCoy, Colt Washington Redskins Texas McGloin, Matt Philadelphia Eagles Penn State Moore, Kellen Dallas Cowboys Boise State Moore, Matt Miami Dolphins Oregon State Morris, Stephen Indianapolis Colts Miami Mullens, Nick San Francisco 49ers Southern Mississippi N NAME TEAM COLLEGE Newton, Cam Carolina Panthers Auburn O NAME TEAM COLLEGE Osweiler, Brock Cleveland Browns Arizona State P NAME TEAM COLLEGE Palmer, Carson Arizona Cardinals USC Peterman, Nathan Buffalo Bills Pittsburgh Petty, Bryce New York Jets Baylor Prescott, Dak Dallas Cowboys Mississippi State R NAME TEAM COLLEGE Rivers, Philip Los Angeles Chargers NC State Rodgers, Aaron Green Bay Packers California Roethlisberger, Ben Pittsburgh Steelers Miami (OH) Rudock, Jake Detroit Lions Michigan Ryan, Matt Atlanta Falcons Boston College S NAME TEAM COLLEGE Sanchez, Mark Chicago Bears USC Savage, Tom Houston Texans Pittsburgh Schuessler, Nick Pittsburgh Steelers Clemson Shaw, Connor Chicago Bears South Carolina Showers, Jameill Dallas Cowboys UTEP Siemian, Trevor Denver Broncos Northwestern Smith, Alex Kansas City Chiefs Utah Smith, Geno New York Giants West Virginia Stafford, Matthew Detroit Lions Georgia Stanton, Drew Arizona Cardinals Michigan State Stave, Joel Kansas City Chiefs Wisconsin Sudfeld, Nate Washington Redskins Indiana T NAME TEAM COLLEGE Tannehill, Ryan Miami Dolphins Texas A&M Tanney, Alex Tennessee Titans Monmouth (IL) Taylor, Tyrod Buffalo Bills Virginia Tech Tolzien, Scott Indianapolis Colts Wisconsin Torgersen, Alek Atlanta Falcons Pennsylvania Trubisky, Mitchell Chicago Bears North Carolina V NAME TEAM COLLEGE Vaughan, Dustin Baltimore Ravens West Texas A&M W NAME TEAM COLLEGE Walker, Phillip Indianapolis Colts Temple Watson, Deshaun Houston Texans Clemson Webb, Davis New York Giants California Webb, Joe Carolina Panthers UAB Weeden, Brandon Houston Texans Oklahoma State Wentz, Carson Philadelphia Eagles North Dakota State Wilson, Russell Seattle Seahawks Wisconsin Winston, Jameis Tampa Bay Buccaneers Florida State Woodrum, Josh Buffalo Bills Liberty

He finally has a team possibly linked to him. The Seahawks.

Been expecting this for some time (and hope it's true). It makes sense on many levels - especially considering Boykin's recent brush with the law.

Michael SilverVerified account @MikeSilver

Seahawks GM John Schneider reached out to Colin Kaepernick's agent last Friday. Interest in him as potential backup is legit.

Sheil Kapadia's thoughts on the fit: http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/237757/colin-kaepernick-seahawks-make-sense-for-each-other-in-2017

It's about time.

Very good move for the Seahawks if they indeed make this move.

This made me laugh. Here are all the QBs currently on NFL rosters. Tell me which back ups are better than Kaepernick. Lets try to ignore off the field crap and other baggage, just base it on talent as a QB.

Once you get past the #16 overall QB, they are all pretty much equal. Don't forget that Kaep was 1-10 as a starter last year.

I don't care if he gets a job or not. Also, I can't comprehend why others care. He's a lousy QB and a PITA. What owner wants that on the team. Gabbert is a lousy QB, but he's not a PITA. So, there you have it.

He made his bed and he can lay in it. I hope he's nice and comfy.

From that statement it's hard to believe that a team would draft Johnny football knowing he is and was even before being drafted a PITA.

I guess to reach is gain and sometimes it's just a stupid move.

Kaep was 1-10 last season on a team that was awful.

I think Kaep can still be a productive QB in the NFL and I Pray that a team will give him another chance to show that.

I don't care if he gets a job or not. Also, I can't comprehend why others care. He's a lousy QB and a PITA. What owner wants that on the team. Gabbert is a lousy QB, but he's not a PITA. So, there you have it.

He made his bed and he can lay in it. I hope he's nice and comfy.

well, he doesnt hold any value in most leagues.

In fact, right now, I'd say he really only holds value in leagues that start 2 QB. Most of those leagues, all starting QB's are rostered as are the top few backups.

and Kap is either a top backup or a low level starter. (depending on where he signs)

well, he doesnt hold any value in most leagues.

In fact, right now, I'd say he really only holds value in leagues that start 2 QB. Most of those leagues, all starting QB's are rostered as are the top few backups.

and Kap is either a top backup or a low level starter. (depending on where he signs)

I meant NFL owner, not FF team owner. lol

I meant NFL owner, not FF team owner. lol

I was putting the fantasy spin on it. After all, this is a fantasy football board. And yeah, any GM has to be concerned when players stand up on their soap box. It can be a distraction.

That being said, I have often criticized Kaps Leadership abilities. For arguments sake, lets Ignore the issue to which he was standing up for (for the moment)......

Ignoring that, Right or wrong, This is actually the first signs of real leadership I have seen from him.

so one person can see this as a bad thing, another could see this as potentially a good thing. (you would like to think leadership is a good quality to have in a QB)

so the key may actually be to make sure he is focused on the right things so that he leads your offense in the right direction.

I understand the reasons he's not employed.

• Teams dont want him to be a distraction
  • His salary expectations are(likely) much higher than what the market will support for him
  • he wants to be a starter and not many teams out there are likely willing to make him a starter.

If it turns out he's not willing to play as a backup, that may completely kill the market for him.

but if he's willing to sign as a backup, he will be employed.

He may decide to wait until training camp. If a QB gets hurt, demand for his services may go up in a hurry with one or two key injuries.

At this point the only advantage to signing now is that he can learn the playbook before the season begins. If he waits.... not so much.

How can u say ignore the issue and turn and defend it ? I question anyones knowledge of sports the very first time he took the knee, that wasnt smart enough to know it was going to end badly. There I ignored the issue, I'm talking just somebody who should of been knocked out, or immediately dropped from team.

There I ignored the issue, I'm talking just somebody who should of been knocked out, or immediately dropped from team.

'Knocked out'?!

Seriously?

'Knocked out'?!

Seriously?

Shouldn't be to hard, offensive line guy misses a block on the right play call and the QB gets lit up and doesn't see it coming. Nobody can prove anything, and cures the disease. I remember my son standing up for a kid because a bully was picking on 1 of his friends in school. Coach in football practice after school put them opposite each other in a drill, allowed my son to run over him over and over, end of problem.

Shouldn't be to hard, offensive line guy misses a block on the right play call and the QB gets lit up and doesn't see it coming. Nobody can prove anything, and cures the disease. I remember my son standing up for a kid because a bully was picking on 1 of his friends in school. Coach in football practice after school put them opposite each other in a drill, allowed my son to run over him over and over, end of problem.

That's a bit extreme especially towards a person that didn't do anything wrong. Bullying is wrong, standing up for what you feel is right is not.

I enjoy having the National Anthem before sporting events but I find it ridiculous that any event should feel forced to play it and for them to force people to have to stand for it. That's not what our country is about.

• Like 2

Drinking again are ya? Jesus man, bring something to the table here.

That's a bit extreme especially towards a person that didn't do anything wrong. Bullying is wrong, standing up for what you feel is right is not.

I enjoy having the National Anthem before sporting events but I find it ridiculous that any event should feel forced to play it and for them to force people to have to stand for it. That's not what our country is about.

He didn't stand up for what he believed in... he backed down when the heat got too hot.

If the seahawks actually wanted him I have a very hard time believing they would not have signed him already.

San Francisco is a very liberal city and the 49ers felt that the talent / money of Kaepernick didn't out weigh the business model of their team. Seattle is an even bigger liberal city and the Seahawks are really dragging their feet. I think it's pretty obvious that the people crying in Kaepernick's behalf are the vocal minority.

• Like 1

Sometimes you should have facts to back up your actions. Crimes committed and number of deaths are same for all races, its easy to look up. And considering the last year the amount of crying wolfs that been proven the cops done the right thing the cause was a farce.

If the seahawks actually wanted him I have a very hard time believing they would not have signed him already.

I think the issue is that Kap wants to start. I dont think he wants to be a backup and the pool of teams looking for a starter at this point in time is not very large.

My understanding is that he also wants more money than teams are willing to pay for him. (although I cannot confirm this)

That being said, as long as there are starting spots unfilled, Kap may not be willing to settle for a backup spot.

This may also be an issue for any team signing him as a backup. Whenever someone is forced to take a step backwards in a career role, (whether it is football or any other career) you often have to believe that the player would be successful in a lesser role, but the bigger question is whether that player would be happy in that role.

If they are not happy to be there, and are a malcontent, how are they going to contribute? These are all questions you need to ask.

Is Kap capable of being a backup? Absolutely.

will he be happy in such a role? Questionable.

If happy or unhappy, is he going to put in the required time and effort to be a top notch backup? once again I dont think we know the answer.

These are all reasons why he is unsigned. some of them may disappear if Kap adjusts his expectations. some may not.

but they are all concerns of any team that is thinking about signing this guy.

Sometimes you should have facts to back up your actions. Crimes committed and number of deaths are same for all races, its easy to look up. And considering the last year the amount of crying wolfs that been proven the cops done the right thing the cause was a farce.

So you're saying that there are not any racist cops in the country? You don't think that racial profiling exists?

There are problems and ignoring them is not wise.

So you're saying that there are not any racist cops in the country? You don't think that racial profiling exists?

There are problems and ignoring them is not wise.

I think it exists... but no where to the extent that many lead you to believe.

I think it exists... but no where to the extent that many lead you to believe.

I don't see how you can say that. First off, you don't have a clue as to what anyone else thinks. I have no idea how many there are so I'm not sure why you'd say that about me. I can't imagine there are an overwhelming amount but I think just a few is already too many. I'd be curious to know what you think many are leading us to believe?

This may be an extreme example but I compare it to this, what if there were child molesters that were working in child care? I'm sure there may be some and I think we can all agree that just one of them being in the profession is too many. If a person is a child molester they shouldn't be allowed around children and if a person is racist they shouldn't be in law enforcement, regardless of what color they are.