Sign in to follow this  
famousb

Offseason Talk.

ok, so who is definitely coming back next year - and anyone willing to declare keepers early? :)

also, who do we want to replace ahill?

i'm coming back, keeping McCoy and also vowing to be much more active this year... i'm tired of letting you guys slide. time to reclaim my rightful place at the top of the mountain!

signed, RHSK.

:first: :first: _ :first:

I'm back to defend my :first: . My goal is a 4 peat. No plans on declaring my keeper decision yet. Don't forget we can also keep a transitional player for 1 year for the cost of the round we drafted the player in or for our 4th round pick if you drafted the player after the 4th round.

• Like 1

I'm back to defend my :first: . My goal is a 4 peat. No plans on declaring my keeper decision yet. Don't forget we can also keep a transitional player for 1 year for the cost of the round we drafted the player in or for our 4th round pick if you drafted the player after the 4th round.

That's right, and we all get a free keeper, correct? So there's no reason to not keep someone (ie, we don't lose a first round pick for our keeper anymore, just the transitional player)

to expand on that keeper thing...

the guy that takes ahill's team could theoretically make Alf Morris his keeper, and Jimmy Graham his transitional player for the cost of a 3rd round pick. Correct?

not that Alf currently looks like the best keeper in the world - but Graham for a 3rd rounder is a STEAL.

wait is that seriously how it works?

just went back and read the thread. guess i checked out before it was changed to minimum 4th rounder.

overall this sucks a bag of dicks for league parity (or perhaps just my own parity :D ). Having the franchise player still cost a 1st would have been much better.

Guess at this stage I would be keeping Zac Stacey for a 4th and Randall Cobb

Remind me of this one...we can keep 2 players. We lose a first rounder for 1 and whatever round we drafted the guy in for the other?

So if I were to keep Megatron and Forte (my first and second rounder), I wouldn't pick til the 3rd round. However, if I were to keep Megatron and Demarco Murray (fourth rounder), then I would still pick in the 2nd and 3rd rounds?

Just making sure I'm clear.

im confused very confused :shocking: :dunno:

can someone speak delay please

keep Lynch/Bush.

don't "transition tag" anyone...

what the rule IS : First keeper is free (no reason to keep no one since it doesn't cost your 1st rounder). 2nd Keeper (transition player) costs the round you picked them in with a minimum cost of a 4th rounder but can only be used every other season. So if you keep a player picked in round 2 you lose your 2nd round pick. If you keep a player picked in round 4 you lose your 4th round pick. If you keep a player picked in round 15, you lose your 4th round pick.

what the rule Should be: i personally liked the decision of keeping a franchise player or having a 1st round pick. didn't work out for me this year but it was a solid rule to promote potential parity by offering the shitty teams the option to keep their 1st rounder and pick among the left over studs. The way the rule is now, you are setting up a situation where some teams will have 2 star players at the cost of just a 4th rounder and then draw a top pick...

Remind me of this one...we can keep 2 players. We lose a first rounder for 1 and whatever round we drafted the guy in for the other?

So if I were to keep Megatron and Forte (my first and second rounder), I wouldn't pick til the 3rd round. However, if I were to keep Megatron and Demarco Murray (fourth rounder), then I would still pick in the 2nd and 3rd rounds?

Just making sure I'm clear.

You can keep Calvin and Forte and lose only your 2nd round pick. No brainer

keep Lynch/Bush.

don't "transition tag" anyone...

y the fook would i do that? for a 1st/2nd, that's crazy.

what the rule IS : First keeper is free (no reason to keep no one since it doesn't cost your 1st rounder). 2nd Keeper (transition player) costs the round you picked them in with a minimum cost of a 4th rounder but can only be used every other season. So if you keep a player picked in round 2 you lose your 2nd round pick. If you keep a player picked in round 4 you lose your 4th round pick. If you keep a player picked in round 15, you lose your 4th round pick.

what the rule Should be: i personally liked the decision of keeping a franchise player or having a 1st round pick. didn't work out for me this year but it was a solid rule to promote potential parity by offering the shitty teams the option to keep their 1st rounder and pick among the left over studs. The way the rule is now, you are setting up a situation where some teams will have 2 star players at the cost of just a 4th rounder and then draw a top pick...

man, ur right and that's awful. might be too much for my fragile ego to swallow. seriously.

Fwiw, if we do go to this new rule (and I agree about it potentially killing parity), I think we need to set draft order in reverse of finish so teams that theoretically have 2 good keepers don't pick until end of first round...

If you get someone keeping two studs at just the cost of a fourth, AND they get a top 3 pick, it could be tough for some teams to compete...

I'll have 10 star players like I do every year! :D

Yet you still only have one of these :first:...

:banana:

Fwiw, if we do go to this new rule (and I agree about it potentially killing parity), I think we need to set draft order in reverse of finish so teams that theoretically have 2 good keepers don't pick until end of first round...

If you get someone keeping two studs at just the cost of a fourth, AND they get a top 3 pick, it could be tough for some teams to compete...

I hate that proposal. The transition player is only an option every other year. People should adjust or draft better. Just because you have a bad year shouldn't mean you get an automatic draft order advantage. Don't worry I'll be forced to drop plenty of studs for all to draft.

Yea, but I don't live in the past, like you. This :first: is new and clean.

Don't end up like Jerry Jones. :lol:

i dont really care. like chad said, cream rises. those that suk will find a way to suk and so on.

i do think this is a fundamental change to the league format and im not sure that is a good idea.

this league has a good thing going. i do worry a little what this could mean 2yrs down the line in regards to owner retention.

i dont really care. like chad said, cream rises. those that suk will find a way to suk and so on.

i do think this is a fundamental change to the league format and im not sure that is a good idea.

this league has a good thing going. i do worry a little what this could mean 2yrs down the line in regards to owner retention.

Right, it's more of an owner retention issue... I don't really care what we do. I'm already expanding my trophy case in preparation for next year, so any rule changes don't make much difference to me... I'm just trying to point out potential issues for all of you who will be fighting for second place

i agree with what everyone seems to be saying. in the end its not a big deal but still important enough to discuss.

the 'transitional' player is not really the main issue. Its only available every other year and I don't think its going to make or break anything. It could also be useful in getting new owners interested in taking over a team.

the largest issue, I think, is the change to the free franchise player. Like i said, this league was unique in that you had a decision to make. Keep someone or take your chances in round 1. It was a good tool for theoretical league parity. I think I would be sad to see it go but I could live.

Despite the bang up job I did drafting, i'll likely be in a better spot heading into next year than I was this year. (not saying much)

Why screw with a good thing? I like keeping it the way it has been

It's a Moz thing (if you can remember who Moz is...I somewhat remember him from a few years back...)

It's a Moz thing (if you can remember who Moz is...I somewhat remember him from a few years back...)

:(

Anyway I don't even remember making this "change" and fock even I think it's a bad Idea now. Maybe I was drunk or something when I did this. I made this official somehow I can't reverse it unles it is unanimous to reverse - I am all for cancelling this abortion of an amendment - but somehow I think BB06, Joc, and Gepetto might not want to :(

Anyway would anyone might want to amend the amendment to you can keep 1 player at the cost of the round he was last taken at ( with round 4 being the lowest pick you would have to give up) - no freebie . This might actually do a little more for parity as people would be more tempted to hold on to "value" keepers.

upon further thought im actually ok with the proposed rule. i glanced over rosters and it doesn't look like anyone would come out with a huge advantage. Gepetto maybe with ADP and Gordon. Most other teams with 2 studs would have to lose a top 3 pick as well to execute it.

i think the transitional player is a unique idea that could HELP league parity. I like that its only usable every every other year but it could serve the purpose of helping a team identify a franchise player to keep the following year.

mainly i would like to see the Franchise player still cost a 1st round pick.

I guess my proposal shakes out like this >>>> You can keep a franchise player at the cost of a 1st round pick and you also have the option to keep a Transitional player (every other year) for the round they were drafted in (minimum round 4). I would still lower the round they were drafted in to something like round 8 minimum

The rule was made and announced to the league before last year's draft. It has to stand. I already paid 2014 dues.

The rule was made and announced to the league before last year's draft. It has to stand. I already paid 2014 dues.

yeah, unfortunately that is the correct answer

Hey it was merely wishful thinking as I know my team sucks :( you got a great team though man congrats

At least now I know why my team was so bad -- I was apparently on a month long bender :(

rule gets conceived and blessed in a vacuum, needs a unanimous vote tho to get rid of it. makes sense.

While I agree with what you're saying, you guys should have spoke up last April about it if there was a problem. The rule was changed to be no lower than a 4th round forfeit for a transitional player if taken after the 4th round so that's something.

i think this all just points to what i said last offseason. this league would greatly benefit by having a clear set of bylaws. including a guideline for future rule changes needing a vote of at least majority in favor.

i think this all just points to what i said last offseason. this league would greatly benefit by having a clear set of bylaws. including a guideline for future rule changes needing a vote of at least majority in favor.

We have a better system; we have Mozilini who makes random, not well thought out or explained, rule changes whenever he wants, then disappears for weeks or months at a time. Why do you need guidelines when you have a d!ck-tater?

j/k Moz... But only a little. :D

I'd say this is probably correct. This rule benefits me greatly personally, as I'd keep the #1 receiver (megatron) and the #3 RB (Forte) at the cost of only a second round pick; I can see the other side of it as well. I'd say that if people want to vote on and repeal this after this season, I can live with that as well.

We have a better system; we have Mozilini who makes random, not well thought out or explained, rule changes whenever he wants, then disappears for weeks or months at a time. Why do you need guidelines when you have a d!ck-tater?

j/k Moz... But only a little. :D

on a serious note, i do hope moz is around a little more this yr. last yr he was gone from jump, even before/during the draft he wasn't round much.

on a serious note, i do hope moz is around a little more this yr. last yr he was gone from jump, even before/during the draft he wasn't round much.

unfortunately we likely have to replace him on the FFT IBL team as well due to this.

I'd say this is probably correct. This rule benefits me greatly personally, as I'd keep the #1 receiver (megatron) and the #3 RB (Forte) at the cost of only a second round pick; I can see the other side of it as well. I'd say that if people want to vote on and repeal this after this season, I can live with that as well.

Probably one of the examples of how a team could really jump out to an early advantage. Megatron, Forte and then grab the #1 overall pick would be :doh:

i would either keep Stacy and all my picks or designate Cobb my free keeper and use the 4th on Stacy. All depends, as the off season shakes out, if I feel Cobb > 4th round pick.... wish I had a better free keeper but thats my own fault.

unfortunately we likely have to replace him on the FFT IBL team as well due to this.

Probably one of the examples of how a team could really jump out to an early advantage. Megatron, Forte and then grab the #1 overall pick would be :doh:

i would either keep Stacy and all my picks or designate Cobb my free keeper and use the 4th on Stacy. All depends, as the off season shakes out, if I feel Cobb > 4th round pick.... wish I had a better free keeper but thats my own fault.

id like to volunteer my services.

so u get a free keeper, ok. then ill prolly kep dez.

not sure i have anyone else id spend a 4th rd pick on right now.

assuming i understand how it works.