Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

What's the baseline for a 'massive' heart attack?

Friends Mom had one.

You never hear that about any other medical condition. Tumors are always some sort of citrus fruit and heart attacks are either minor or massive.

Just wondering how thats determined.

Friends Mom had one.

You never hear that about any other medical condition. Tumors are always some sort of citrus fruit and heart attacks are either minor or massive.

Just wondering how thats determined.

It's not a real medical term, but in layspeak a massive heart attack is one that involves a large portion of the heart muscle, and may lead to cardiac arrest.

, and may lead to cardiac arrest.

What if she's a first time offender? Any chance of a ticket for a desk appearance?

I think its like a vicious assault or a senseless killing. Just a meaningless word people put in for effect.

Also, whenever they give a patient's condition, terms like critical, etc. have no strict definition.

Sometimes I admit inmates to the hospital. Half the time they faking something like chest pain to get a field trip away from prison. You aren't supposed to ask their crime, but you can tell they did something bad if their legs are shackled and they are chaperoned by two cops.

Regardless, I always list their condition as "guarded".

I remember I've had a couple of 'cardiac events'. That sounds like a fuucking charity fundraiser.