Sign in to follow this  
jocstrap

2014 Trash Talk

Basically, this is going to be easy for me to get into the money 2014! This is a Jocstrap tidbit for you rookies...

1 - I'm a running back type of guy - draft them early, and draft them often

2 - I'm not a very active trader because a philosophy of mine - "Why would I draft the guy in the first place if I didn't like him"?

3 - I will always, I mean always, find a good wr in later rounds - call it a gift of mine

4 - I pretty much suck at landing a dependable TE - I'm losing pts weekly in this head vs head

5 - I will draft a kicker and defense in rounds 17 and 18

6 - Qb's I'm torn on - Super studs ala Manning/Brees/Rodgers are priceless in this league. Can I fill a better roster with stout rb's and wr's before a 6/7th round qb? I took Manning in the 3rd last year and was holy --- this is awesome. In my $400 league I took Cam Newton earlier than I normally would take a qb, and that choice cost me big time. No worries for you rookies though - scratch PEYTON 5K MANNING off your draft boards, he's mine.

and there you have it, inside the mind of a genius for a little bit of info...

Running backs aren't what they used to be. This philosophy is flawed.

Running backs aren't what they used to be. This philosophy is flawed.

are you an alias of a new owner or just saying hi :unsure:

Tell Smashmouths that my rb corps of...

Keeper - Jamaal Charles

round #2 - Chris Johnson

#3 Peyton Manning (couldn't resist)

#4 Frank Gore

...will give me a chance in any ff game. Just like it's going to do again in 2014 :first:

Tell Smashmouths that my rb corps of...

Keeper - Jamaal Charles

round #2 - Chris Johnson

#3 Peyton Manning (couldn't resist)

#4 Frank Gore

...will give me a chance in any ff game. Just like it's going to do again in 2014

I had 3 top 10 backs last year and won the championship.

round 1 Adrian Peterson

round 4 Ryan Mathews (he doesn't count but was decent; on my bench mostly)

round 7 Eddie Lacy

round 12 Knowshon Moreno

I removed this:

:first: from your post and put it in my post. There's only one champ.

I had 3 top 10 backs last year and won the championship.

round 1 Adrian Peterson

round 4 Ryan Mathews (he doesn't count but was decent; on my bench mostly)

round 7 Eddie Lacy

round 12 Knowshon Moreno

I removed this:

:first: from your post and put it in my post. There's only one champ.

Your RB's were good last year no doubt. this year other than Maybe Lacy (who I really don't see doing as well as he is being projected) really being all that great. Maybe AD has 1 more good year left but he started falling off - maybe he can chnnel his inner Curtis Martin. What sucks for you is losing Josh Gordon - kid is a STUD. Lacy and getting Gordon for a 4th would of been a steal!

Your RB's were good last year no doubt. this year other than Maybe Lacy (who I really don't see doing as well as he is being projected) really being all that great. Maybe AD has 1 more good year left but he started falling off - maybe he can chnnel his inner Curtis Martin. What sucks for you is losing Josh Gordon - kid is a STUD. Lacy and getting Gordon for a 4th would of been a steal!

That was going to be the plan. Foiled by Josh Gordon's substance abuse.

I think the only way we're gonna get drob in here is to start a thread praising Obama for something. The alarm will go off in his bat cave and he'll be here to refute it within minutes.

Maybe while he's claiming victory in that thread, he'll accidentally see that he's up next for picking a team.

I think the only way we're gonna get drob in here is to start a thread praising Obama for something. The alarm will go off in his bat cave and he'll be here to refute it within minutes.

Maybe while he's claiming victory in that thread, he'll accidentally see that he's up next for picking a team.

I pmed the bastard. I saw him post a few times in the geek club so its not like he just hasnt visited the site.

Starting to think Obama might be the greatest President of all time............................................ Totally transparent and totally accountable....................... :o

I just emailed Drobs. His wife bought him a turtle neck and he has been trying to figure out how to get it on... it's taken him a few days so far... :(

Is Drobeski waiting until after the holiday or something? This is kind of ridiculous. I saw him online yesterday.

when is the official draft start. i know after all keepers have been declared but is there a deadline for declaring keepers?

when is the official draft start. i know after all keepers have been declared but is there a deadline for declaring keepers?

take ur time.

we've got til august.

take ur time.

we've got til august.

oh ok. nice! so like august 1st?

oh ok. nice! so like august 1st?

as long as you'd like!

no need to rush.

i dont even think moz set a deadline, ur good.

really? I thought kutulu said we have to declare keepers by Sunday. Is that not correct?

last Sunday moz said one week to declare keepers...edit I guess it's actually Monday...one week after the draft order was sent out

slow draft is here on this forum i believe.

My biggest ETF Keepers so far are

Delay keeping Allen for a 4th -- I like him but I seem him as a Mid range WR2 and I think he had a better option

Frozen keeping Tate for a 4th as Cleveland sucks (in many ways)

Drobs keeping Brady for a 4th takes the cake - especially when Brady is likely there in the 7th or 8th :o

My biggest ETF Keepers so far are

Delay keeping Allen for a 4th -- I like him but I seem him as a Mid range WR2 and I think he had a better option

Frozen keeping Tate for a 4th as Cleveland sucks (in many ways)

Drobs keeping Brady for a 4th takes the cake - especially when Brady is likely there in the 7th or 8th :o

stamped for nov enjoyment

ADP wise it made sense to keep Bell but im just not sold on a guy who averaged 3.5 yards per carry. and he just flat out looked mediocre as a runner.

ADP wise it made sense to keep Bell but im just not sold on a guy who averaged 3.5 yards per carry. and he just flat out looked mediocre as a runner.

Not in love with Bell at all but he's a solid RB 2 who sees a lot of action as a rare every down back. I needed a RB and there is no way I am keeping Rice :mad: for a 1st

Taint will be fine.

this is fantasy football, not what you ask for at the bar.

this is fantasy football, not what you ask for at the bar.

That's what he ask's for when he hangs out every weekend on Halsted and Addison :lol:

That's what he ask's for when he hangs out every weekend on Halsted and Addison :lol:

God dammit moz quit giving out all my hangouts.

Great Game by the Hawks tonight!!! Can't wait for Sunday...................... Go Hawks. Patrick Kane and Toews have to be the best duo in Hockey right now. I was going to Shoeless Joes tonight until I had to watch my kids at the last minute but plan to go there Sunday to cheer on the Hawks.

Hey Frozen - Just curious where in Chicago do you live? I am in Park Ridge over by Ohare - you? I am hoping The Halsted section of Wrigleyville wasn't accurate -- if so .......... Not that there's anything wrong with that :ninja:

This league is already pissing me off. Drobs... Fawk you!