Sign in to follow this  
WhiteWonder

In Case You Were Wondering....

In case you were Wondering....

Kutulu - Always nice to start a team with McCoy and Ball for the cost of a 4th round pick. 4.12 to be exact. Thank the former owner as well as the draft order.

I don't hate your Julius Thomas pick as much as most. Sweet Julius (thats my nickname for him, I don't like 'Orange Julius') is a beast and no guarantee you got him at 2.12 but that Gronk pick? Gross. Torrey Smith as a WR1 is uninspiring. But wait! Mike Wallace!

I used to like RG3 but hes a bit full of himself. All that running around loses relative value in this scoring system. Take that! Lamar Miller was a solid pick and looking better each day. Also a good job handcuffing Montee.

Playoffs? The studs may carry you to a few games but no playoffs here. On the bright side, you should have little trouble finishing above Drobeski. Baseball has the mendoza line, we have the drobeski line.

Bunny - you're a swell guy. glad you joined the league. You made the right call keeping Graham and no one else. I hate taking a TE "early" but you had no choice.

Should have let Rodgers go, I think. Dem Thomas or Lynch or Foster would have looked better there with a QB later. That said, Rodgers could wind up a Franchise keeper next year if he regains his form.

Personally love the Sankey pick but he makes for a scary RB1 as you just never know what you'll get from a rookie RB. Receivers are meh. RB depth is meh.

For the love of god, a kicker in round 13?!? 2 kickers and 2 defenses?!?! I would tell you to ease up on the alcohol but the damage has already been done.

Playoffs? Can a team start TE/QB and make it to the dance? I don't believe so. An injury to Graham or Rodgers could have you sinking below the drobeski line.

Frozen - Solid keeper in Brees, didn't really like the Tate for a 4th. Not sure why and don't even know what other options you might have had. Foster? Brown? was that this team? It might have been the right play it just looks blah.

Love Julio, don't love his foot. I'll be hoping he pans out and has a monster year for ya. Harvin in round 2, thats a lot of risk back to back at the position. Gerhart is a white dude. He can't succeed as a workhorse back, he's white. His name is Toby. Loved Pierre Thomas though. Great PPR snag. Perhaps we should have waited to tell you it was PPR scoring.

Not a big fan of much of the late depth. Also not a part of the Ladarius Green bandwagon. Not this year at least.

Playoffs? Solid team but I think too many holes and new situations to make the playoffs. Harvin might be the key. Still, im going to say no dice.

Moz - Im not high on LeVeon Bell. Still, he was a good keeper for a 4th. Also can't argue with B Marsh. Solid start right there.

Thomas fell in your focking lap! I'm not even giving you credit for that one. A retarded monkey could have made that pick. Alfred Morris sucks. No more Shanny, watch out Seastrunk! Love me some Ray Rice but hes broken down and battered... or battery... and assault. He'll be gone for the first 4 games. Like Watkins pick. Kaepernick was early but will put up #'s.

I did you a favor giving you Pierce. I felt bad. Josh Gordon will likely miss the year and wind up on an island with Justin Blackmon and the ghost of Ricky Williams, never to be heard from again... Marcus Lattimore? :D

Playoffs? You're going to fight Megla for the 6th playoff spot.

Drobeski - AJ Green.... Great keeper! Tom Brady..... AJ Green was a great keeper!

Nice pick to start off with Lynch. Mathews has never been high on my list but at the point you took him he was a solid RB2. Then the wheels came off. Reached on Hilton, reached on Wayne. What the fock Ertz. What the fock fock Lafell?

Just when I thought all hope was lost, you really righted the ship in the late rounds with Carson Palmer, a decrepit Steve Smith and several attempts at a final round pick.

It's not all doom and gloom, you did land Delanie Walker in the 12th. I had my eyes on him.

Playoffs? You won't be making the playoffs this year. The good news is, you'll fall right on the drobeski line.

Big Blue - You got to keep Calvin and Forte. The only one to give a 2nd round pick but well worth it. Bravo...

Oh snap, they let Arian Foster fall to you. Bravo again. You took a round off to admire your work and they let Andre Johnson fall to you! This team may have peaked a few years ago but it should be powerful again this year. Solid additions of Stafford, Witten and Gore make this a contender. A pretty old team but productive anyway.

I liked the upside plays in Ebron and Benjamin. They compliment your retirement home starters quite nicely.... though I think you took your foot off the gas some down the home stretch. Shonn Greene? Turnover Manning? Matt Schaub?

Playoffs? Playoff team right here. Early favorite for the title.

Joc Strapper - Charles and Manning. Another fine set of keepers. must be nice. I expect top 3 years from both at their respective positions.

I thought Bush was a weak round 1 pick. More of a round 2 prospect but I know you love you some RB's. Surprised you went Welker in the 2nd and not a RB. Very un-Joc-like. Not high on Welker this year. T rich makes me want to vomit in my mouth but CJ was a solid pick in the 5th. Not sure about the WR group but Manning and Charles will carry you.

I really liked the Britt and McCluster grabs. Sneaky. Reading a bunch of positive news on Britt in STL. Also wisely handcuffed Jesus Charles. Hard to fault much of anything you did late.

Playoffs? The aforementioned Manning and Charles will carry you right to a playoff berth. Not sure if the other parts have the oomph to get the job done though.

Delay - Dez was a no brainer keeper. Initially i might have kept Lynch but I think Allen was the right call.

Did not think Jeffery would make it to pick 7, thought his hype might have him in the top 3. A very nice quartet of WR's in Dez/Jeffery/Allen/VJax. .... but Ellington as your top back and only back through 7 rounds was suspect. the double QB pick was weak as well.

Manziel was a wasted pick. Outsmarted yourself on that one. Hawkins could be a nice grab though.

Playoffs? Overall, I think enough fire power with that WR group to make the playoffs.

Megla - Martin and Gio might have been one of the better keeper duos this year. Maybe a bit more on the potential rather than proven side but I like it.

Personally loved your Fitz pick for my own team, thought it was a reach though. Think you could have easily grabbed him in round 2. Garcon I expect a drop off this year. Not major though. Jennings could make a fine #3 and I like Cutler with all those weapons. Undervalued in fantasy this year I think. Colston is also always undervalued.

Fred Jackson was a savvy late pick and you sniped me there. 2 defenses? Do you have downs? Apologies to anyone with downs.

Playoffs? I think you will fight with Moz for the final playoff spot and you might have the lead in the clubhouse.

Ski - Tough keeper choices. I feel the pain. Not a Spiller fan at all though but he was your best option.

Started the draft off right with Murray. Excellent pick. I thought Cruz was a little reach there. Eli and the Giants offense as a whole has not been the same for a while. Joique could be a sneaky pick there in PPR but I think Freeman was a gross reach. Even if SJax breaks down, I just don't think Freeman is that talented. Now watch him turn into a sick transitional keeper next year!

Yet another person with 2 defenses. What is the world coming to?

Playoffs? unfortunately I am not seeing any playoffs in your future but you'll be above the drobeski line.

WW - Randall Cobb as your keeper? You kidding?

What an excellent first round pick with the underrated Antonio Brown. midget receiver duo! Vereen is a way less than ideal RB1 but maybe it could work in this particular scoring and lineup format. Receiver group is sick when all added up, especially if Roddy is back to being Roddy and Patterson goes off ala Gordon under Norv Turners guidance. Waiting on QB and TE didn't hurt too bad. What does hurt is having to potentially rely on Steven Jackson as a RB2. That is scary

Oh, Marvin Jones is a baller and Jonathan Stewart has ankles again. Look out. If my prayers to baby jesus pay off and Josh Gordon gets 8 games, ooooo baby.

Playoffs? Because this is my write up, I make the playoffs. Deal with it. 5th seed too!

Gepetto - ADP and Lacy for a 4th. Right up there with Kutulu's keepers. Great job from the defending champ.

Thought you dropped the ball just a tad in the draft though. Didn't feel like a Gepetto draft. I had you pegged for Nelson but Stacy is kind of bland. Too many added faces in San Fran for me to like Davis in the 3rd with no 4th round pick to make. Also think you went against your better judgment taking Foles, despite wherever you had him ranked, leaving you with Floyd as a WR2. I do like Terrence Williams though.

Very solid team, don't get me wrong. Just some bland picks including Decker and Boldin and Austin.

Playoffs? Your studs will carry you to the playoffs but unless Foles has the same torrid pace as last season, im not sure a repeat is in the cards.

for shitts and giggles ill predict the playoff outcomes.

Rd 1 - WW over Delay........... Gepetto over Megla (byes = Big Blue and Joc)

Rd 2 - Big Blue over WW........... Joc over Gepetto

Title Game - Big Blue over Joc

Nice write up. Looking it over you're right about draft expectations for me; I would have predicted I would have taken Andre Ellington and Cordarrelle Patterson (instead of Zac Stacy and Vernon Davis). Hope I don't regret those picks, but I shied a way from the risk of Ellington and/or Patterson, but may miss out on them living up to their huge upside. Passing on Foles would have meant targeting Romo but you got him before I could have. And if I didn't take Foles and/or Michael Floyd I would have taken DeSean Jackson and/or Kendall Wright. Michael Floyd was a must have where I drafted him. I targeted him and expect a big year. I think Stacy will get me consistent RB2 numbers which will make a fine Flex2. I like Decker and Bolding, they had pretty good numbers just last year and Decker is the #1 in NY and Boldin #1b in SF. TWill and/or Robert Woods could help my WR rotation if I have to rotate my WR starters week to week. Happy to have QB and TE the quality of Foles and VD in the end though. You forgot DMac - he has potential for big games and upside if Stacy faulters.

If all goes according to plan i will have at least 2 top 12 backs on my team, maybe 3 if all can stay healthy. Injury risks are there for harvin and julio, but if they are healthy it will be one hell of a 1-2 punch. Plus i think my wr 3/4/5 are about as good as it gets. I thought i got great value at TE by backing pitta up with green. I only need one to hit. Plus I have Drew Brees in a very qb friendly league!

I almost always go against the grain in later rounds. Whils i thought someone like hartline was great value, his ceiling is very limited. I love going for the boom/bust players. Though it seems to backfire a lot more than it works. Ah well. Fock it. I think my team is definitely playoff worthy.

Nice write up. Looking it over you're right about draft expectations for me; I would have predicted I would have taken Andre Ellington and Cordarrelle Patterson (instead of Zac Stacy and Vernon Davis). Hope I don't regret those picks, but I shied a way from the risk of Ellington and/or Patterson, but may miss out on them living up to their huge upside. Passing on Foles would have meant targeting Romo but you got him before I could have. And if I didn't take Foles and/or Michael Floyd I would have taken DeSean Jackson and/or Kendall Wright. Michael Floyd was a must have where I drafted him. I targeted him and expect a big year. I think Stacy will get me consistent RB2 numbers which will make a fine Flex2. I like Decker and Bolding, they had pretty good numbers just last year and Decker is the #1 in NY and Boldin #1b in SF. TWill and/or Robert Woods could help my WR rotation if I have to rotate my WR starters week to week. Happy to have QB and TE the quality of Foles and VD in the end though. You forgot DMac - he has potential for big games and upside if Stacy faulters.

the idea of michael floyd as a potential 2 has grown on me since I wrote these up a few round ago. not ideal but the upside is certainly there. would love as a #3

I didn't touch on every player for every team but dmac doesn't do much for me with MJD therr. They may kill each others chances at bug numbers unless one goes down and history says the guy to go down would likely be dmac

If all goes according to plan i will have at least 2 top 12 backs on my team, maybe 3 if all can stay healthy. Injury risks are there for harvin and julio, but if they are healthy it will be one hell of a 1-2 punch. Plus i think my wr 3/4/5 are about as good as it gets. I thought i got great value at TE by backing pitta up with green. I only need one to hit. Plus I have Drew Brees in a very qb friendly league!

I almost always go against the grain in later rounds. Whils i thought someone like hartline was great value, his ceiling is very limited. I love going for the boom/bust players. Though it seems to backfire a lot more than it works. Ah well. Fock it. I think my team is definitely playoff worthy.

Thats the beauty of it! This is just my half assed opinion with some attempts at humor. Generally speaking, I wrote what I truly believe but the chances of me being correct are ..... slim.

As for my own team, I don't think there is a better group of WRs in the league. A really nice combo of youth, upside, experience and steady production and that's without Gordon who I don't plan to have at any point this year. He is just a speculative transitional keeper.

I like my team as it is and if I can just hawk that next Alf Morris/ Zac Stacy off waivers, I will LOVE It.

I do wish I had maybe a more stable tight end and obviously more RB depth but when I saw what was available and how the draft was unfolding, I decided to attempt to stack myself at receiver and play that way.

Much more content than I expected to be when the keepers and order were announced and much much much better than my storm of a draft last season....

Nice write up.

I agree that taking Rodgers with my first pick was a very risky decision. Probably could have gotten him with my next pick but didn't want to chance it. It was a coin toss. Should have went with Thomas or a RB but I get burned every year in my main league taking average RB's in rounds 2 or 3 and then waiting on QB's in the 7 and 8 round. Wilson was to good to pass up at that spot. I won't use him much but neither will you.

Morris for a second round pick was not an option. I would have taken him in the 4 if he was still there. I believe he went a pick or two before me. And this being a PPR league, I took PPR RB and WR's. I think Sankey was the the right pick. He's my bell cow and I will milk him all year. Robinson was a homer pick. Should have went with my favorite Saint not named Brees in PT. But I keep hearing that during the OTA's Robinson really impressed coaches and teamates. Ingram is on a short leash and rookie Brandon Cooks is going to open things wide up for the running game. And having Ridley from the Patriots is a big risk/reward. One of the two RB's are going to be the main back. It's a crap shoot which one it will be this early. Just like the Saints, I believe Belichick is going to commit to running the ball. D Williams was there that late and had to grab him for depth. I am excited at the prospect of Forte missing time and KaDeem getting some reps. I'll be doing some serious juggling early on in the season but I'm confident they will emerge.

Because this is a PPR league, Crabtree was the best choice considering. He's in a contract year and is the leading WR on his team. I'm also counting on Kapernick throw more in non division games. Edelman was a solid pick there. Again, it's a PPR league. Gronk is hurt and Edelman is brady's relief valve. Tate is the man when Johnson gets hurt this year. Safe pick for later in the season. J Jones should not have slid that far in the draft. He's the number one WR in Oakland. I had ranked in the top thirty. Still scrathing my head on that one. And Boykin was a fun pick. GB WR's have a tendency to get hurt.

Had to take Graham. The arsehole Miami Dolphins homer owner who had this team last year left me with nothing but Jimmy. In a PPR league, he'll be a differnce maker for my team. Miller sucks but I usually have good teams when he's on them. On the bench usually.

Took the top K early. Two things I don't have to worry about all season. Never understood those that believe any kicker will suffice. Having seventeen rounds allows you to do this. Who else was I going to pick up? A fourth string RB who'll score forty points all year if he's lucky? It was a steal taking Gostowski. And I don't have to waste my time each week tring to decide which K to pick up or drop. Adding another one makes it that much easier.

Biggest homer move of the draft. Butt he Saints defense is going to shock a lot of people this year. Most don't know it but they were the fourth ranked D in the league. They've added some new players at DB and S. The front line is as solid as anybodys elses. And coach Ryan was the perfect fit for us.

All in all I wanted to have fun with this draft. I wanted to do some things different than my main money league. I've never gone QB early. It should be nice not having to worry week in and week out how Romo, Rivers, Flaco, Ryan, or Manning is going to do. Adding Wilson makes for good trade bait. Something my main league didn't allow until last year. And only one trade was made. My team sucks on paper. But it has promise. Looking at most of the other teams, I've got just as much of a shot as anyone. It's ninety precent luck.

And don't worry about me not participating. I'm in two leagues and I take this sh!t seriously. I hate losing. If I am losing, you'll be hearing many of late night drunken rants as to why. It'll be fun. Thanks for inviting me. And fawk you for putting under the Drobeski line. D!ck.

Bunny, in my defense I said "if Rodgers or graham Gets hurt" you will finish below the drobeski line. :D

I like a lot of what you did but I have two counter points for the kicker issue.

1. I won't worry about which kicker to start either. They are a crap shoot from year to year in the sense that the top guy never is the top guy two years in a row. Grab a solid one and plug him in.

2. You still drafted 2 kickers. Unacceptable. Especially if the rationale behind the early gostkowski is "getting a guy you never have to worry about". No need to draft a bye week kicker. Take a shot on a late round gem. They can be dropped the week gostkowski is on bye.

I'm not sure I agree with you a hundred percent on your fantasy football work, there, ww.

I'm not sure I agree with you a hundred percent on your fantasy football work, there, ww.

My overall analysis on everyone or just on my team?

If you couldn't tell, much of my self analysis was dramatically positive for show or completely sarcastic.

Nice write up.

I agree that taking Rodgers with my first pick was a very risky decision. Probably could have gotten him with my next pick but didn't want to chance it. It was a coin toss. Should have went with Thomas or a RB but I get burned every year in my main league taking average RB's in rounds 2 or 3 and then waiting on QB's in the 7 and 8 round. Wilson was to good to pass up at that spot. I won't use him much but neither will you.

Morris for a second round pick was not an option. I would have taken him in the 4 if he was still there. I believe he went a pick or two before me. And this being a PPR league, I took PPR RB and WR's. I think Sankey was the the right pick. He's my bell cow and I will milk him all year. Robinson was a homer pick. Should have went with my favorite Saint not named Brees in PT. But I keep hearing that during the OTA's Robinson really impressed coaches and teamates. Ingram is on a short leash and rookie Brandon Cooks is going to open things wide up for the running game. And having Ridley from the Patriots is a big risk/reward. One of the two RB's are going to be the main back. It's a crap shoot which one it will be this early. Just like the Saints, I believe Belichick is going to commit to running the ball. D Williams was there that late and had to grab him for depth. I am excited at the prospect of Forte missing time and KaDeem getting some reps. I'll be doing some serious juggling early on in the season but I'm confident they will emerge.

Because this is a PPR league, Crabtree was the best choice considering. He's in a contract year and is the leading WR on his team. I'm also counting on Kapernick throw more in non division games. Edelman was a solid pick there. Again, it's a PPR league. Gronk is hurt and Edelman is brady's relief valve. Tate is the man when Johnson gets hurt this year. Safe pick for later in the season. J Jones should not have slid that far in the draft. He's the number one WR in Oakland. I had ranked in the top thirty. Still scrathing my head on that one. And Boykin was a fun pick. GB WR's have a tendency to get hurt.

Had to take Graham. The arsehole Miami Dolphins homer owner who had this team last year left me with nothing but Jimmy. In a PPR league, he'll be a differnce maker for my team. Miller sucks but I usually have good teams when he's on them. On the bench usually.

Took the top K early. Two things I don't have to worry about all season. Never understood those that believe any kicker will suffice. Having seventeen rounds allows you to do this. Who else was I going to pick up? A fourth string RB who'll score forty points all year if he's lucky? It was a steal taking Gostowski. And I don't have to waste my time each week tring to decide which K to pick up or drop. Adding another one makes it that much easier.

Biggest homer move of the draft. Butt he Saints defense is going to shock a lot of people this year. Most don't know it but they were the fourth ranked D in the league. They've added some new players at DB and S. The front line is as solid as anybodys elses. And coach Ryan was the perfect fit for us.

All in all I wanted to have fun with this draft. I wanted to do some things different than my main money league. I've never gone QB early. It should be nice not having to worry week in and week out how Romo, Rivers, Flaco, Ryan, or Manning is going to do. Adding Wilson makes for good trade bait. Something my main league didn't allow until last year. And only one trade was made. My team sucks on paper. But it has promise. Looking at most of the other teams, I've got just as much of a shot as anyone. It's ninety precent luck.

And don't worry about me not participating. I'm in two leagues and I take this sh!t seriously. I hate losing. If I am losing, you'll be hearing many of late night drunken rants as to why. It'll be fun. Thanks for inviting me. And fawk you for putting under the Drobeski line. D!ck.

:cheers: