Sign in to follow this  
penultimatestraw

Doctor's notes

I'll add that the concept of needing a doctor's note to miss school/work is a farce, as it requires patients to seek medical evaluation for minor ailments which common sense dictates rest and over-the-counter remedies. Forcing a visit to their physician wastes time, money and potentially exposes other sick people to whatever contagious illness they have.

• Like 2

Dude acts like a shítbag and misses an assignment. Now he gets to turn it in late which is an advantage over every other student in the class, but more importantly now his poor life decisions are now becoming your problem.

No upside for you, and only downside. Why would you do it?

I'll add that the concept of needing a doctor's note to miss school/work is a farce, as it requires patients to seek medical evaluation for minor ailments which common sense dictates rest and over-the-counter remedies. Forcing a visit to their physician wastes time, money and potentially exposes other sick people to whatever contagious illness they have.

Yep. A lot of medical offices feel this way. If I ever was sick and I missed class when my professor would say they need a doctors note I always told them that. Never had to go get one after that. It also helped I hardly ever missed class but still

Haven't you been run off yet? I mean the whole board detests you yet you "try" to act like a tough guy and talk sh1t even though you'd rather eat it. I've got a load I need to drop. Care to take it? :lol:

There you go again with your one sided perception and making assumptions for the whole board. Speak for yourself and only yourself Gomer.

There you go again with your one sided perception and making assumptions for the whole board. Speak for yourself and only yourself Gomer.

Hey drunky isn't Jack calling your name right now? And I feel sure a good deal feel this way. I know you're too drunk to read sometimes but when multiple people say the same thing it usually means that. Keep up buttercup. I'll be here all week

Oh shut the hell up drunky.............

Now that I have my d1ck down your throat please drink my cvm so I can enjoy the rest of my day

Struck a cord there and upset you Gomer ?

You are the only one here that thinks you "own me" or as your fantasy states "has your d1ck down my throat"

Phag

Struck a cord there and upset you Gomer ?

You are the only one here that thinks you "own me" or as your fantasy states "has your d1ck down my throat"

Phag

Nah when I live in your head as much as you show then it stands to reason you have my d1ck down your throat whenever I want it

Hey drunky isn't Jack calling your name right now? And I feel sure a good deal feel this way. I know you're too drunk to read sometimes but when multiple people say the same thing it usually means that. Keep up buttercup. I'll be here all week

Yet the real doc didn't write the note. You are all over the place on this one. About what I'd expect from a fake doctor from the south mAking $15 an hour. :lol:

Yet the real doc didn't write the note. You are all over the place on this one. About what I'd expect from a fake doctor from the south mAking $15 an hour. :lol:

Sorry bro can't keep coming here and putting you in your place. Got patients to see and there's a ton this morning. Having fun with jack though :wave:

One trick pony.

Nothing left in this thread. Real doc didn't write the note.

/thread.

Well this is my response to his message:

Creating a doctor's note may be an issue without an actual doctor's visit. As I don't have an office, the only way I could write a note on hospital letterhead (as I'd do so for a patient I'd seen) would be for you to have been admitted, which obviously you weren't. Otherwise I am effectively committing fraud, which isn't cool. Why did you miss the class and assignment? Were you actually sick?

Sorry if that comes across as uptight, but as a general rule, honesty is always the best policy. If you were sick but didn't see a doctor, tell your professor as much, offer to make up the assignment and do something extra to preserve your grade.

Good move. Be prepared to find another climbing buddy.

its not illegal or conflicting with the Hippocratic oath.

Everyone needs to be treated equal. If you wouldn't do this for any Joe Schmo then you shouldn't do it for a climbing friend.

Seems unliberal of you to see this any other way.

Edit. I see you chose not to give the note. :cheers:

One trick pony.

Nothing left in this thread. Real doc didn't write the note.

/thread.

You have no clue how the medical field works dopey.

/Thread

Good move. Be prepared to find another climbing buddy.

its gonna be interesting as I'm supposed to be climbing with him today. Well at least you guys know the real story when my corpse is found at the bottom of the cliff.

its gonna be interesting as I'm supposed to be climbing with him today. Well at least you guys know the real story when my corpse is found at the bottom of the cliff.

He who speaks first loses.

/Thread

I already closed this thread out on you. Yet you keep coming back for more. Gomer.

You might wanna reschedule. Tell him you're sick and write yourself a note to prove it.

I already closed this thread out on you. Yet you keep coming back for more. Gomer.

Only thing you closed was your mouth around my balls dopey

/Thread

You've made several posts in this thread alone over a 4 hour span this morning. Probably a few in other threads as well. And you've done so with a ton of patients to see.

Since my understanding of the medical field is admittedly pretty shaky, I'd like to know how a healthcare professional has time to get into slap fights on a low rent message bored while seeing tons of patients in a morning. Shouldn't you be going over notes or medical histories or journal articles or something related to your prestigious profession prior to meeting patients?

Is this the real reason why I've gotta wait 48 minutes before I'm seen by my doctor? :mad:

You've made several posts in this thread alone over a 4 hour span this morning. Probably a few in other threads as well. And you've done so with a ton of patients to see.

Since my understanding of the medical field is admittedly pretty shaky, I'd like to know how a healthcare professional has time to get into slap fights on a low rent message bored while seeing tons of patients in a morning. Shouldn't you be going over notes or medical histories or journal articles or something related to your prestigious profession prior to meeting patients?

Is this the real reason why I've gotta wait 48 minutes before I'm seen by my doctor? :mad:

Nah. My morning was slow but had a ton come in at once. Slow now. And with the system we are running it makes looking st a patients chart easy. Takes 2 minutes and I'm done. And 48 minutes is not bad. I've had to wait 18 hours before in the military at the ER. Also had to wait 4 hours at appointments. So when people complain about waiting 20 minutes or less than an hour before being seen I have no sympathy

More fantasy. Phag.

More fantasy. Phag.

At least he took his mind off of poop for a few seconds. And turned his sights to male on male sex acts.

At least he took his mind off of poop for a few seconds. And turned his sights to male on male sex acts.

Yeah and we are the weird ones. Poor kid.

Coming from the guy who eats it? Come on now. This is low hanging fruit

One of my climbing friends is a college student, who apparently missed class last week and turned in his assignment late. He told his professor he was sick; she responded he'd need a doctors note or he'd get a 20% deduction from his grade. So he asks sends me a message asking to write the note as a favor.

I don't know if he was actually sick, but I suspect this is just an bad excuse. He's a good kid otherwise, but not a close friend. Really just a climbing buddy. What would you do?

A true Professional would not have to ask that question.

A true Professional would not have to ask that question.

Now now stop. He brought discussion to the bored. He proved to be ethical and didn't write the note. It also flushed out the unethical people here.

Now we know.

Nah. My morning was slow but had a ton come in at once. Slow now. And with the system we are running it makes looking st a patients chart easy. Takes 2 minutes and I'm done. And 48 minutes is not bad. I've had to wait 18 hours before in the military at the ER. Also had to wait 4 hours at appointments. So when people complain about waiting 20 minutes or less than an hour before being seen I have no sympathy

I have no problem waiting if my responsible healthcare professional is tending to their duties and treating their patients. I do have a problem waiting one second longer than I have to so that an irresponsible healthcare proffesional can engage in an online slap fight.

I have no problem waiting if my responsible healthcare professional is tending to their duties and treating their patients. I do have a problem waiting one second longer than I have to so that an irresponsible healthcare proffesional can engage in an online slap fight.

Pposssssst. He is lying. He's a little slow so we go along with his act.

U really should get out more. You're an angry elf aren't you?

You have a lot of the ghey going on in this here thread. Not that there is anything wrong with it. :dunno:

Dear Mr. Kotter,

Please excuse Juan from being late filing his report as he was sick of school.

Sincerely,

Epstein's Mother's Doctor

If he's so slow, how did he do that nutrition poster all by himself?

Nah I'm actually the best and fastest at what I do. So patients don't wait hardly any time. Which is why I usually have time to mess around. Only thing that takes long is talking to the dam drug reps. Just got done talking to Anoro drug rep so now I can finally go home (wed are half days for me cause I run the family practice by myself seeing another Drs patients who got cancer and closed his office. Of course they are all med refills for things like narcotics.

Nah I'm actually the best and fastest at what I do. So patients don't wait hardly any time. Which is why I usually have time to mess around. Only thing that takes long is talking to the dam drug reps. Just got done talking to Anoro drug rep so now I can finally go home (wed are half days for me cause I run the family practice by myself seeing another Drs patients who got cancer and closed his office. Of course they are all med refills for things like narcotics.

Real question, what is a medical assistant without a medical license allowed and not allowed to do? What counts as "practicing medicine" legally? How can you see patients?

Real question, what is a medical assistant without a medical license allowed and not allowed to do? What counts as "practicing medicine" legally? How can you see patients?

Protocols. A protocol can be put into place that I can follow so the doctor doesn't have to see certain patients. Cuts back on doctors work. Certain things the provider will have to see them for. Like narcotics. But most things like sinus infections, strep, flu, etc I just run a test on and follow the protocol. Now not everyone can do this. I've had special medical training from the military that augment a lot of discrepancies in the civilian world as far as licensing goes. Plus the doctor has to trust you since it's his license on the line. For less I just send it to the provider and they sign off on it. Everything else is done by me

Coming from the guy who eats it? Come on now. This is low hanging fruit

Bwahahaha You're trying too hard. Do you eat pussie? Then you drink urine. See how stupid that sounds? Get unstupid,.