Sign in to follow this  
The Postman

Biggest Bust of 2018?

Let me start this off right. My candidate for biggest bust of the 2018 fantasy season????

1. Alvin Kamara

There is absolutely no way that he gets those TDs this year and he is an above average small back that was extremely fortunate and dare I say "lucky" last year. Bookmark this post and come see me in December boys!!

So who is at the top of your bust list?

Kamara is a candidate for regression, sure! Yet, you're saying he will be a bust. I don't see that. He'll get at least 1000 rushing, 45 rec/350 yrds and total of 7 TD's. This is his floor imo. That's not a bust.

QB Carr I think he'll have a terrible year with Gruden at coach.

I believe that Kamara has no better skills that those of Gio Bernard. Not a bad player but he is not a superstar. Yes he had a special season last year, but IMO the odds of repeating with anything close are not very good. I think McCaffrey is a safer bet this year to put up numbers like Kamara did last year.

I believe that Kamara has no better skills that those of Gio Bernard. Not a bad player but he is not a superstar. Yes he had a special season last year, but IMO the odds of repeating with anything close are not very good. I think McCaffrey is a safer bet this year to put up numbers like Kamara did last year.

He only got 7.5 carries/game last yr and still RB4. will get more carries = good bet for top 5-6 RB

Josh Gordon. I think he ends up missing several games. Despite scoring buckets when he plays, he ends up WR4/5 value overall.

(Hope I am wrong.)

Andrew Luck. Terrible offense around him, and hes less than 💯. Either gets re-injured or simply finishes bottom half of the league.

All of the Jets.

the way u talk about Kamar it almost appears you haven't watched him play a single down...literally everything you said about him goes against everything those who know football will say about him....u couldn't have watched him all last year and saw just another gio Bernard lol....as others mentioned sure maybe some regression ...but that guy has a burst and cutting ability almost unmatched in the league

I’m starting to think J Mixon.

Im starting to think J Mixon.

I think mixon will be fine..

He has made a couple nice catches in the passing game ...one where he went in motion against buffalo....he looked lighter and fast.....and it seems the cincy passing game is in decent rhythm already so they should move the ball.....mixon hasn't done much running this summer but it's just too small of a sample to write him off

Barkley. Zero games played in the NFL and people are comparing him to Jim Brown, LT, and Bo Jackson.

• Like 1

Yeah I was thinking that also.

And now I don’t.

I think he has potential bust in him.

But thanks for the replay.

Appreciate it.

I will never understand people saying Kamara is too small to carry much of a load.

He measured 5'10 214lbs. On what planet is that a "small" RB?

McCoy measured in at 5'10 204lbs. How many touches has he seen in his long productive career?

Elliot......They rely on a great O-Line but right now its in patches with several injuries , also Prescott scares no one with his arm and sub-receivers....Look for teams to stuff the box and dare him to throw...Until the offensive line is healthy Elliot will be lucky to land in the top tier of backs in stats......

Elliot......They rely on a great O-Line but right now its in patches with several injuries , also Prescott scares no one with his arm and sub-receivers....Look for teams to stuff the box and dare him to throw...Until the offensive line is healthy Elliot will be lucky to land in the top tier of backs in stats......

Agreed.

I’m starting to think J Mixon.

I'm mixed on this one. I know their o-line isn't very good, but Dalton seeming has had some time to throw which will open up those run lanes.

This is a very good point. There is no telling how long Travis Frederick will be out, and he's the heart of that line. Zach Martin is supposed to be back for week 1, but may not be fully healthy and consistency along the line may be affected with him less than 100% and Frederick out. I am probably going to adjust my ranks accordingly. I may end up with Gordon and Hunt higher.

Leveon Bell, easy. Coming off 400 touches with huge touch counts, a bit of an injury history, plus now he is paid. Players often don't play as well or work as hard once they are fed. I love Connor in any spot I can get him this year. Jaylen Samuels is interesting too, so I do fear a bit of a split. Mixon is worrying me. The talent looks like it's there, but the offense doesn't seem to be allowing him space to do this thing. I will say this, I drafted Jordan Howard his rookie year as my last pick. We drafted early. I dropped him because he did nothing in the preseason, and he couldn't catch. Yeah he ended up being a top 10 back and someone else scooped him up. If the talent is there, which I believe it is with Mixon, it usually shines though if they are given enough touches.

Edit: I also expect Bell to start slow even if he plays all year because of his holdout.

Leveon Bell, easy. Coming off 400 touches with huge touch counts, a bit of an injury history, plus now he is paid. Players often don't play as well or work as hard once they are fed. I love Connor in any spot I can get him this year. Jaylen Samuels is interesting too, so I do fear a bit of a split. Mixon is worrying me. The talent looks like it's there, but the offense doesn't seem to be allowing him space to do this thing. I will say this, I drafted Jordan Howard his rookie year as my last pick. We drafted early. I dropped him because he did nothing in the preseason, and he couldn't catch. Yeah he ended up being a top 10 back and someone else scooped him up. If the talent is there, which I believe it is with Mixon, it usually shines though if they are given enough touches.

Edit: I also expect Bell to start slow even if he plays all year because of his holdout.

He is the opposite of paid. He’s in fact upset because he hasn’t been paid.

Yeah, I was thinking along the lines that it would get finalized before the year starts, but he did already turn down the Steelers latest offer.

https://twitter.com/Ihartitz/status/1033817324598566912

mixon will be fine imo....if the weapons around him are healthy and the passing game is clicking, like it looks like it is, he wil be ok.....once he gets some volume he will rip off a few nice runs that will help pick up is average..im not scared by 6 carry box scores...if hes up there at 18-20 still average 3.5 ypc then we might have a problem.....hes going to contribute receiving too

Yup. I expect Bell to start slow as he did last year as well. But Bell is a bit of a different cat. Living in Texas, I was force fed the Emmitt Smith Cowboys. Remarkable thing about Emmitt was the way he sort of slid out of tackles right as they were coming. He still went down, but he rarely took the full brunt of hits. I think that's part of the reason he lasted so long and holds the career rushing record. Bell is a little like that. That herky-jerky running style of his seemingly keeps him out of big hits. I don't think touch #'s will be the problem. Dude is playing for the REALLY big contract somewhere else, so he's motivated.

Tough call for Bell since this year is essentially the last of his prime. Do teams really want to give the mega contract to RB over 30 anymore?

If he stays healthy and gets 1200 rushing and 75 receptions this year, he will get a great 2 year contract from someone.

If he stays healthy and gets 1200 rushing and 75 receptions this year, he will get a great 2 year contract from someone.

Disregard that post, I was confusing his age with someone else. He will,for sure cash in with someone next season.

Im putting my bet on Levon pulling a matt forte bears situation where he gets a soft tissue injury and stays on the trainers table for last third of season hoping to stay healthy for his next contract

Dare I say...

Julio?

He has been banged up a bit and he held out for a little bit. He's getting older. He seems disgruntled. He had trouble reaching the end zone last season and they got a new rookie WR to take away a few targets perhaps.

I don't think he's going to totally crap the bed but he may not be the stud, top notch, WR1 he has been in recent years.

the way u talk about Kamar it almost appears you haven't watched him play a single down...literally everything you said about him goes against everything those who know football will say about him....u couldn't have watched him all last year and saw just another gio Bernard lol....as others mentioned sure maybe some regression ...but that guy has a burst and cutting ability almost unmatched in the league

Then come back and see me in December. Ive watched Kamara plenty in college and last year. He just way overperformed.

Dare I say...

Julio?

He has been banged up a bit and he held out for a little bit. He's getting older. He seems disgruntled. He had trouble reaching the end zone last season and they got a new rookie WR to take away a few targets perhaps.

I don't think he's going to totally crap the bed but he may not be the stud, top notch, WR1 he has been in recent years.

He pretty much sucked last year. 3 TDs? You can't be a superstar with 3 TDs.

I agree, Bobby.

Kamara has this rare combination of great vision, blazing speed and power. Give that kid 18 touches per game and he might be the number 1 RB in fantasy. The fact that he may catch 90 passes makes him almost a #2 FF WR along with being a great RB.

Reminds me so much of vintage Chris Johnson.

Then come back and see me in December. Ive watched Kamara plenty in college and last year. He just way overperformed.

The guy was electric...half the time he looked like he was toying with people and doing it effortlessly...I guess anyone can make that catch he made against minny in the playoffs huh?

Like I said....some regression would def not shock anyone,..it's the nfl....but Kamara is special

You couldn't have watched him at all if u think he's just a guy

I agree, Bobby.

Kamara has this rare combination of great vision, blazing speed and power. Give that kid 18 touches per game and he might be the number 1 RB in fantasy. The fact that he may catch 90 passes makes him almost a #2 FF WR along with being a great RB.

Take him in the 1st round. He has gone middle of 1st round in most of my money leagues so the majority is definitely with you. I will stick by my assessment and we will how his season unfolds.

The people who say that kamara is going to regress forget that he is what the saints have missed since sproles left. The satellite back. He is going to get volume in that system and in a ppr he will be well worth the pick

1. Barkley

Not necessarily because he wont perform, but I will be surprised if he reaches such high expectations that have been set this preseason. So in other words, I predict he will NOT be a top 10 RB this season.

2. Garappolo

Overpaid, I havent and still dont understand the hype. Thankfully, its settled down. Who has he defeated? Well just assume he will be great because he was brought up through NE? Sam Cassell 2.0

3. Tyreek Hill

Different QB, perhaps different chemistry. Nothing more than a hunch here. I just think last year he greatly surpassed expectations which now sets his bar quite high. Maybe not complete bust, but Im selling this season.

I agree, Bobby.

I drafted him in all my leagues last year...I don't own him this year so I have no stake in him now....but anyone who watched him last year would know what we know....he's special...and had he not been in a time share, barring injuries, he would have been up there with anyone ...the guy did it all...and did it humbly..guy even took a kick return back....sometimes it literally looked like he wasn't even trying that hard

I drafted him in all my leagues last year...I don't own him this year so I have no stake in him now....but anyone who watched him last year would know what we know....he's special...and had he not been in a time share, barring injuries, he would have been up there with anyone ...the guy did it all...and did it humbly..guy even took a kick return back....sometimes it literally looked like he wasn't even trying that hard

Well by your posts it was obvious you drafted him, lol! Again, we shall see. We can compare notes in December. This post will still be around to reference!

He will be in a time share starting week 1 this year. Trust me he will not take Ingram's work. He is not a between the tackles runner. Ingram's suspension won't affect anything but Ingram.