Fireballer

So...what about these kids in DC harassing the indigenous folks?

The media IS the enemy of the people.

They prove it daily

It's sad they we have adult males in this country and on this bored who actually buy the bullsh!t.

Maybe it isnt sad, maybe its intentional and they too are as dirty and rotten as the bogus media.

• Like 2

I made an obvious Indian Giver joke earlier in this thread, but nobody got it. Thread has felt dumb ever since.

Whichever conservatice poster it was that called me a bigot earlier...because upon seeing the initial video, I wasnt too hard on the kids relative to the going consensus at the time and because I didnt want to attack the Republican aspect of the story .....well I guess I dont understand what you were looking for.

I’m was the poster that called you out.

Now, as to the rest of your post.....wtf are you babbling about?

This whole thing infuriates me more and more. Tucker Carlson actually did a pretty good show on this. The kind of language the blacks were hurling at these kids?

We know you're conflicted on who you hate worse; Trump/Trump supporters or black people.

Do you hate the Indian guy as well?

We know you're conflicted on who you hate worse; Trump/Trump supporters or black people.

I have it as blacks first then Indians.

You forgot the construction worker and the cowboy.

• Like 1

Stop. Just stop.

Move on, or you know what dont. Self reflect. Be cognizant of how you, yourself was duped by the media and instead of trying to play it off with humor. Own it. Its okay.

No, I made the joke well before the story turned, meaning I wasnt trying to cover with humor. And Im not covering for anything anyhow, as I took a relatively middle of the road stance on this one the whole time. In fact, its a stance I dont feel any need to edit much. It sounds as if you dont even know what I wrote and instead you are just assigning me a stance because you know I think Trump needs to be removed from office. Stop being so lazy.

Its this type of post from you that makes this forum pointless. So actually, you are right and I will stop. Thanks.

I dont think the kids were looking for violence. Instead, it looks like those kids felt so confident that there would be no violence against them that they were free to be as disrespectful as possible. Basically they felt bullet proof, and in this case that was a bad thing.

I wish we could just call an assshole an assshole instead of claiming these kids represent the Right or arguing that the Left is way worse. When I see teenagers wearing MAGA hats, I usually think its more about them looking to provoke than it is about them having serious political leanings one way or another.

So youre thinking he probably wants to take back the quote he previously gave?

My conclusion: If something divisive occurs and you are dumb enough to shoot your video in portrait mode, you better pray those on the other side werent intelligent enough to shoot their video in landscape mode....because if they were, then youve already lost.

I just checked CNN so that I could join in your outrage...but the two stories I see on this are:

• A new video shows a different side of the encounter between a Native American elder and teens in MAGA hats - Story posted at 4:46am EST
  • Teenager: That was me facing the Native American elder. Here's what happened: Statement of Nick Sandmann, Covington Catholic High School junior, regarding incident at the Lincoln Memorial - Story posted Sunday at 10:27pm EST

So there appears to be almost as much bs at CNN in this thread as you all say the original story was.

I can't admit it with certainty, as I don't recall checking CNN on Saturday or Sunday. But you seem confident, so I'll take your word for it.

As for anyone since Sunday at 10:27pm that has said CNN was only covering the original version of the story.....I would ask that you admit those people lied...but I actually don't need you to admit it, as it's a fact and is proven via timestamps, etc.

I made an obvious Indian Giver joke earlier in this thread, but nobody got it. Thread has felt dumb ever since.

Whichever conservatice poster it was that called me a bigot earlier...because upon seeing the initial video, I wasnt too hard on the kids relative to the going consensus at the time and because I didnt want to attack the Republican aspect of the story .....well I guess I dont understand what you were looking for.

No, I made the joke well before the story turned, meaning I wasnt trying to cover with humor. And Im not covering for anything anyhow, as I took a relatively middle of the road stance on this one the whole time. In fact, its a stance I dont feel any need to edit much. It sounds as if you dont even know what I wrote and instead you are just assigning me a stance because you know I think Trump needs to be removed from office. Stop being so lazy.

Its this type of post from you that makes this forum pointless. So actually, you are right and I will stop. Thanks.

CNN has certainly been covering the multiple videos and the rush to judgment. This link is from MSN, but it points to a CNN article

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/in-four-days-three-viral-videos-showed-us-theres-always-more-to-the-story/ar-BBSziXo?ocid=spartanntp

"It's tempting to think that the short video at the Lincoln Memorial shows the truth, and then that the longer video revises or corrects that truth. But the truth on film is more complicated: Video can capture narratives that people take as truths, offering evidence that feels incontrovertible. But the fact that those visceral certainties can so easily be called into question offers a good reason to trust video less, rather than more. Good answers just don't come this fast and this easily."

​I think that our short attention spans play a part in this. We want to see something quickly and then rush to judgment so that we can move on. :dunno:

CNN has certainly been covering the multiple videos and the rush to judgment. This link is from MSN, but it points to a CNN article

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/in-four-days-three-viral-videos-showed-us-theres-always-more-to-the-story/ar-BBSziXo?ocid=spartanntp

​I think that our short attention spans play a part in this. We want to see something quickly and then rush to judgment so that we can move on. :dunno:

Yes. But I have to hold the media accountable. If they are going to hold themselves up as the guardians of truth, and the peoples servants etc....all that BS they like to use to justify their smarmy arrogance, while playing politics, then they need to be accountable for not doing their job.

They are either what they claim to be, or they are entertainment, feeding the herd a steady diet of excrement to get the ratings. They CANNOT have this sh!t both ways anymore.

• Like 1

Yep. First post was a reasonably down the middle stance where the kids are concerned (as the kids acting like jackasses was all we had seen at the time). I said we shouldnt make this about right vs left. Basically I still feel the same way, but would just need to add in some criticism for the other people involved. Then a couple joke posts, although nobody got the quote one, so it was obviously too subtle. Then the CNN stuff.

Thanks for reposting.....That said, I apologize for letting KSB get to me. I know how it works here. There is no room for nuance or measured discussion, and even if someone attempts as much, their attempt will be viewed through the pro-Trump or anti-Trump filter and discarded. I would say this is a sad message board, but its just the state of things in general at this moment in time.

Thanks for reposting.....That said, I apologize for letting KSB get to me. I know how it works here. There is no room for nuance or measured discussion, and even if someone attempts as much, their attempt will be viewed through the pro-Trump or anti-Trump filter and discarded. I would say this is a sad message board, but its just the state of things in general at this moment in time.

Does it bother you that the Press would so easily surrender up the sanctity of their 1st amendment right in favor of sensationalism? It bothers me.

The left appears to be more willing to believe the press, generally because the press is left wing. The right doesn't believe a word, and these days, skepticism is the best path. In any case, the MSM has made their bed, fake news is the order of the day.

In a nutshell, the left tries to be accepted. They don't associate with 'normal' society i.e. Ward and June Cleaver as they view most white people are.

Those whites that don't feel accepted as 'normal' or have bought into the lie of feeling 'guilty' gravitate towards others who feel excluded i.e. transgender, gheys, minorities, etc. They hate what they feel they cannot obtain which is to feel 'normal'.

They never stop to think that they are the ones who benefit/take the most from 'normal' society which is funded in large part by those they hate.

Trump is merely the symbol for their hate of all things they feel they'll never be.

• Like 2

Does it bother you that the Press would so easily surrender up the sanctity of their 1st amendment right in favor of sensationalism? It bothers me.

The left appears to be more willing to believe the press, generally because the press is left wing. The right doesn't believe a word, and these days, skepticism is the best path. In any case, the MSM has made their bed, fake news is the order of the day.

The irony is that the people who complain about Fake News the most are the easiest marks for fake news rags like Breitbart and moonbat conspiracy theories like Q Anon.

The irony is that the people who complain about Fake News the most are the easiest marks for fake news rags like Breitbart and moonbat conspiracy theories like Q Anon.

Says one of the last hanger ons of the Trump Russian collusion story. You believe in stories that start with "if true" where as we post facts.

In a nutshell, the left tries to be accepted. They don't associate with 'normal' society i.e. Ward and June Cleaver as they view most white people are.

Those whites that don't feel accepted as 'normal' or have bought into the lie of feeling 'guilty' gravitate towards others who feel excluded i.e. transgender, gheys, minorities, etc. They hate what they feel they cannot obtain which is to feel 'normal'.

They never stop to think that they are the ones who benefit/take the most from 'normal' society which is funded in large part by those they hate.

Trump is merely the symbol for their hate of all things they feel they'll never be.

Any attempt to explain The Left or The Right as a whole is shortsighted and lazy. It is an attempt to simply/reduce your opponent down to a single quality that you are offended by, all in an effort to avoid having to think or consider.

There are almost one hundred million people on each side. The most sizeable chunk of each likely don't even know the core beliefs, and instead are simply on the side they are on because their parents and the local yard signs have always bent one way. And then when you get around to those that have developed real opinions, there are still a large number of reasons people fall the way they fall.

Tons of good people on each side that we would all agree with on so many overall themes, even if we veer off at some point only to get back to the same place from a slightly different perspective . We used to know that about each other. Now, we will claim we still know that, but we sure as hell don't want to act like it, because we are afraid of losing an inch. And while many have the foresight to see where it could lead, they care less about avoiding that fate than they do about winning today's pissing match, so there is no effort to adjust. I am guilty of it as well at times.

Any attempt to explain The Left or The Right as a whole is shortsighted and lazy. It is an attempt to simply/reduce your opponent down to a single quality that you are offended by, all in an effort to avoid having to think or consider.

There are almost one hundred million people on each side. The most sizeable chunk of each likely don't even know the core beliefs, and instead are simply on the side they are on because their parents and the local yard signs have always bent one way. And then when you get around to those that have developed real opinions, there are still a large number of reasons people fall the way they fall.

Tons of good people on each side that we would all agree with on so many overall themes, even if we veer off at some point only to get back to the same place from a slightly different perspective . We used to know that about each other. Now, we will claim we still know that, but we sure as hell don't want to act like it, because we are afraid of losing an inch. And while many have the foresight to see where it could lead, they care less about avoiding that fate than they do about winning today's pissing match, so there is no effort to adjust. I am guilty of it as well at times.

For clarity sake, I'd like to know where you stand on this. The Left (the leadership in a sense - elected officials / party line), groups people in their own bubbles and those bubbles are expected to fall inline under the umbrella of the democratic party. This is what THEY do. You're saying that when they're called out for doing that, and are addressed in that manner, it "...is shortsighted and lazy"?

• Like 1

For clarity sake, I'd like to know where you stand on this. The Left (the leadership in a sense - elected officials / party line), groups people in their own bubbles and those bubbles are expected to fall inline under the umbrella of the democratic party. This is what THEY do. You're saying that when they're called out for doing that, and are addressed in that manner, it "...is shortsighted and lazy"?

He's just being short sighted and lazy in his rebuke of me.

He's just being short sighted and lazy in his rebuke of me.

On the face of it, it certainly looks that way. I'll wait for his response. It's possible that he doesn't like that aspect of the democratic party and he may believe that THEY are being lazy as well. I see nothing wrong with his post if he's consistent across the board.

For example, I don't like to see gay men "making out" (general affection is fine - although I find it creepy - but I'll accept it), in public and I don't think it's appropriate. If I say that, some people believe that I'm homophobic. Well, I don't think straight people should be doing it either. Nor do I feel lesbian's should be doing that either. I'm consistent across the board.

I said it's short sighted and lazy when someone says something like "In a nutshell, the left tries to be accepted."......then goes on to explain the entire left in a nutshell. It would be the same as someone explaining the Right in a nutshell are just different variations of xenophobes. It isn't close to accurate either way, and it's just an attempt to reduce the other side to a simplistic notion that is very easy to dislike, with the motivation being not wanting to have to think.

I think it's wrong when people on the left do this, and I think it's wrong when people on the right do this. Now, of course I am human and I have my leanings, so I am quicker to take it personally or notice it when the other side is doing it. We all have filters and we need to be aware of them so that we can better see through them clearly, me included. I am in the mood to do better here. That said, I think I've made similar posts before and eventually devolved before having to make such dumb idealistic declarations yet again. Blah

Any attempt to explain The Left or The Right as a whole is shortsighted and lazy. It is an attempt to simply/reduce your opponent down to a single quality

I judge people by their actions. RARE is the time a liberal will admit they are wrong or refuse to side with the Democrats, regardless of the issue.

For instance, do you agree with the calls for violence against those catholic kids? If not, make a clear statement rebuking the left for their stance on it.

Covington High School closed Tuesday, uproar persists after video of encounter with Native American man

The announcement by Covington High School Principal Robert Rowe was made in a letter sent to parents, students and staff. Students from the Catholic school are said to be facing death threats – and have been widely maligned and vilified online – after a video clip emerged Saturday that gave some commenters an inaccurate impression that the teens were harassing a Native American man, Nathan Phillips, following the pro-life demonstration.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/covington-high-school-closes-tuesday-as-uproar-persists-following-viral-video-of-confrontation-with-native-american-man

Covington High School closed Tuesday, uproar persists after video of encounter with Native American man

The announcement by Covington High School Principal Robert Rowe was made in a letter sent to parents, students and staff. Students from the Catholic school are said to be facing death threats and have been widely maligned and vilified online after a video clip emerged Saturday that gave some commenters an inaccurate impression that the teens were harassing a Native American man, Nathan Phillips, following the pro-life demonstration.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/covington-high-school-closes-tuesday-as-uproar-persists-following-viral-video-of-confrontation-with-native-american-man

Great job national media, liberal politicians and Hollywood elites. Youve all outdone yourselves this time.

The announcement by Covington High School Principal Robert Rowe was made in a letter sent to parents, students and staff. Students from the Catholic school are said to be facing death threats and have been widely maligned and vilified online after a video clip emerged Saturday that gave some commenters an inaccurate impression that the teens were harassing a Native American man, Nathan Phillips, following the pro-life demonstration.

Once the mob gets rolling it's hard to talk them out of the violence. Why aren't these protesters working? Or are they?

I judge people by their actions. RARE is the time a liberal will admit they are wrong or refuse to side with the Democrats, regardless of the issue.

For instance, do you agree with the calls for violence against those catholic kids? If not, make a clear statement rebuking the left for their stance on it.

True but be honest. The trumpettes here are the exact same. Never admit they are wrong. No one is right all the time

Funny you don't get this kind of uproar about minority kids doing actual violence like a pack of crazed animals thatvis easily available on YouTube and world star. White kid smirks and the world loses its mind. A pack of blacks go ape shite in a Chuck E. Cheese and nothing.

True but be honest. The trumpettes here are the exact same. Never admit they are wrong. No one is right all the time

For the most part, yes but you'll have an easier time showing where someone on the right calls Trump an a$$hole than someone on the left admit Obama/Hillary acted criminally despite massive evidence showing just that.

The announcement by Covington High School Principal Robert Rowe was made in a letter sent to parents, students and staff. Students from the Catholic school are said to be facing death threats – and have been widely maligned and vilified online – after a video clip emerged Saturday that gave some commenters an inaccurate impression that the teens were harassing a Native American man, Nathan Phillips, following the pro-life demonstration.

JFC

For the most part, yes but you'll have an easier time showing where someone on the right calls Trump an a$$hole than someone on the left admit Obama/Hillary acted criminally despite massive evidence showing just that.

Maybe..but I dont look at it as a contest.

So the left is making death threats and calling for violence against kids because of a smirk. Nice.

Funny you don't get this kind of uproar about minority kids doing actual violence like a pack of crazed animals thatvis easily available on YouTube and world star. White kid smirks and the world loses its mind. A pack of blacks go ape shite in a Chuck E. Cheese and nothing.

Blacks in this country are in a unique position. The left treats them with kid gloves, as if the blacks are not wise or smart enough to be held accountable for their own actions. Or many from the left come out and simply say they deserve to be riotous and violent. So black people can get away with quite a bit for the most part with a resounding "awe shucks, leave them alone, they deserve better treatment from you" attitudes.

Yes. But I have to hold the media accountable. If they are going to hold themselves up as the guardians of truth, and the peoples servants etc....all that BS they like to use to justify their smarmy arrogance, while playing politics, then they need to be accountable for not doing their job.

They are either what they claim to be, or they are entertainment, feeding the herd a steady diet of excrement to get the ratings. They CANNOT have this sh!t both ways anymore.

I agree and said so before. I think that the "news" outlets are no longer news. They are entertainment and should be treated as such.