Sign in to follow this  
tanatastic

Let’s talk about 4 rookie RBs with 3-5th rnd value and RB1 upside.

I'm torn between Freeman and Jones but leaning towards Freeman. He's pretty damn elusive for a big man and is built more like an every down back than Jones is. Their both currently listed as the #2 on their teams' respective depth charts so opportunity wise they are in about the same spot right now. I just think Freeman will be the better all around RB in the NFL.

Guice looks good too and I'd take him if he fell to the 5th or 6th (doubt it) but I just don't think the Skins are going to abandon Chris Thompson after the year he had.

I agree with you tanatastic. One or two will be in next years first two rounds. However, drafting one of these guys other than Barkley in the first 5 rounds is risky, like throwing a dart blind-filded.

I'm the 5-8 round I'll take a shot. Ronald Jones imo is in the best position to succeed . And I'll be drafting him on most teams

I'm not as high on Jones. He's 6'0", 200 pounds, and the most passes he caught in any one of his 3 years at USC is 14. Word out of camp recently is that Jones is really struggling in pass pro.

I may be mistaken but didn't he get pulled off the field a lot on 3rd down in college? I only saw a few of his games but don't really remember him on 3rd down at all.

And his weight doesn't scream bruising back for tons of 1st and 2nd down carries.

I'm not as high on Jones. He's 6'0", 200 pounds, and the most passes he caught in any one of his 3 years at USC is 14. Word out of camp recently is that Jones is really struggling in pass pro.

I may be mistaken but didn't he get pulled off the field a lot on 3rd down in college? I only saw a few of his games but don't really remember him on 3rd down at all.

And his weight doesn't scream bruising back for tons of 1st and 2nd down carries.

I like Jones more in a Dynasty than redraft this year. Although I think he has high boom potential if given enough chance by mid year.

They didnt throw to him much at USC. He may not be Kamara but his hands arent a concern.

The pass pro is a concern for getti g on the field this year however.

His weight? He was 205 as a 20 year old. Not ideal. He wont be a 320 carry guy but he isnt quite that small. He has room to add a few lbs as he matures. Like I said I like him more long term.

A guy like Freeman is probably a lot safer in a redraft.