Sign in to follow this  
Ray_T

Bortles not looking good

"Veteran reporter Michael DiRocco of ESPN characterized Bortles' performance as "one of the worst practices of his career." Woof."

:shocking:

Good he's going to be even a better value.

if this is the only report of this, we can write it off as a one time bad day. If we hear of other reports like this between now and the regular season, then I'd worry.

at this point it could easily be a case where he didnt have his head in the game.

and this can be expected during the first week of practice.

Good he's going to be even a better value.

Yes, he's a great value going undrafted and picking up off waivers to fill in for a week. The only way Bortles is getting drafted is in a two QB league or a league with a big idiot in it.

They asked Doug Marrone how many times a game does he want Bortles throwing the ball?

He said 0

It was one of the funniet answer's I've ever heard a head coach give.

Yes, he's a great value going undrafted and picking up off waivers to fill in for a week. The only way Bortles is getting drafted is in a two QB league or a league with a big idiot in it.

Top 6 QB last year going undrafted?

Yeah, he's a terrible NFL QB, and will likely finish outside the top 10 this year, but he's a decent QB2 with upside.

No it helps his value for me.

I still have him ranked in my QB top 12.

Now I can wait even later if needed to grap him and load up at other postions.

Some how hewas 8th in scoring last season and third the season before.

And I've had him on a few teams and he's been a good buy.

This news isn't at all concerning to me, they have been working with him this past off season so I would expect some rust.

Yeah, he's a terrible NFL QB, and will likely finish outside the top 10 this year, but he's a decent QB2 with upside.

Just cuz he's a top fantasy QB does not make him a top NFL QB.

Tim Teebow was a big fantasy producer too, but he didnt last long.y

In the case of Bortles, I do not see his replacement on the Jaxonville roster, so it may not be a bad bet to roster him, but I would be a lot more comfortable with him as my backup QB than as my #1 guy.

Tebows best season was 2011 and he was ranked 20 in avg.

He was not a big ff producer.

In fantasy football he's a QB2 and I'm not wasting a draft pick on a QB2 unless it's a 2QB league or the league has really deep benches. I would certainly pick him up off waivers to use for a game or two if needed but I'm not wasting a roster spot for him long term.

No it helps his value for me.

I still have him ranked in my QB top 12.

Now I can wait even later if needed to grap him and load up at other postions.

Some how hewas 8th in scoring last season and third the season before.

And I've had him on a few teams and he's been a good buy.

This news isn't at all concerning to me, they have been working with him this past off season so I would expect some rust.

He's going into his 4th year as the starter for the Jags, there better not be rust. He's not some old guy coming out of retirement or just returning from a serious injury. At what point does he start actually looking like a veteran, starting QB?

It's a very early practice.

I wouldn't lead too much into this unless it becomes a pattern.

Don't think he was very high on anyone's list to begin with.

Um, Chad Henne is the backup. I can't see him over-taking Bortles any time soon.

Past two season he's posted good ff numbers.

So again I'm not at all worried about this news.

I'm still ranking him at this time in my top 12.

He's worked out just fine for me the last two seasons, and I have no doubt he will again this season.

He's a good pick up for a person that likes to draft qbs late.

If he's not someone you want to draft then don't.

He's worked out just fine for me the last two seasons, and I have no doubt he will again this season.

I'm curious what QBs you have him ranked ahead of and why?

The problem with this logic is that the bulk of his fantasy football production has come because of the deficit he put his team in. He's very much in danger of losing his starting job.

The TNF game last season against the Titans is a prime example of why NFL fans hate fantasy football fans.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201610270oti.htm

Boxscore scouts see 337 passing yards and 3 TDs. Anyone who watched even a minute or two of the game up until the last 4 minutes knew Bortles was the reason his team was getting blown away.

I would be shocked if Bortles started more than 7 games this season.

Now more concerning news to me, is the retirement of the Jags LT.

Now that's a much bigger concern for me then how he looked in practice.

Bortles will not lose is starting job, so let the shocking take place.

I have him ranked as a qb1 because he post good ff stats.

I'm not concern about anything else when it come to football.

Now more concerning news to me, is the retirement of the Jags LT.

Now that's a much bigger concern for me then how he looked in practice.

Bortles will not lose is starting job, so let the shocking take place.

I have him ranked as a qb1 because he post good ff stats.

I'm not concern about anything else when it come to football.

So you don't really have much to back up your reason for him being ahead of others. In my league last year he finished as the 13th QB which is fine overall but he was not a guy you wanted to start every week. If you have him as a QB1 then you must have him improving this year which just seems really hard to predict with how bad he's been in real life.

There were some good QBs that had bad years last season, fantasy-wise, and I would think that a few of them move back into the top 12. Do you think that Bortles will continue to put up more numbers than these guys?

Brady

Eli

Roethlisberger

Dalton

Wilson

Newton

Palmer

He's going to need to put up more points than all of these guys who finished worse or at least need some guys that finished ahead of him to struggle and drop down. I just don't see it happening unless he significantly improves. Not only that but don't you expect the Jags to run more and try to limit the amount Bortles has to throw? The defense should be better this year so maybe they don't need to be playing from far behind and getting those garbage points. Lots of scenarios that don't favor him.

So you don't really have much to back up your reason for him being ahead of others. In my league last year he finished as the 13th QB which is fine overall but he was not a guy you wanted to start every week. If you have him as a QB1 then you must have him improving this year which just seems really hard to predict with how bad he's been in real life.

There were some good QBs that had bad years last season, fantasy-wise, and I would think that a few of them move back into the top 12. Do you think that Bortles will continue to put up more numbers than these guys?

Brady

Eli

Roethlisberger

Dalton

Wilson

Newton

Palmer

He's going to need to put up more points than all of these guys who finished worse or at least need some guys that finished ahead of him to struggle and drop down. I just don't see it happening unless he significantly improves. Not only that but don't you expect the Jags to run more and try to limit the amount Bortles has to throw? The defense should be better this year so maybe they don't need to be playing from far behind and getting those garbage points. Lots of scenarios that don't favor him.

Eli regressed last year. We don't know what he'll do this year. Dalton sucks and he especially sucks under pressure and the Bengals lost their 2 best offensive linemen. I would expect the others on this list to do better than Bortles as they are simply better.

Losing his LT will indeed be a big problem.

Most scoring system I was in last season he was in the top ten in ff points.

So I guess you have a different type of scoring system and see him as a QB 2 based on him being ranked 13. M

If I saw him ranked 13th I would do the same.

Brady didn't have a down season in ff last season he avg 24 points per game. He missed some games due to being suspended.

Ben will continue will be what he was last season, he's done.

Dalton could have a good season this season I like the moves they have done

I think Dak and the Zeke will indeed post less ff points then they did last year.

Wilson I think will also do what he did last season, I don't see any change on the Seahawks that makes me think other wise.

I'm not on board with Palmer, I rather let you have him.

I like Newton to rebound this season and I have him ranked in my top six right now.

Bortles is not a good NFL QB but I like the ff points he puts up. And I draft qbs late and he's been good for me the last two years.

Losing his LT will indeed be a big problem.

Most scoring system I was in last season he was in the top ten in ff points.

So I guess you have a different type of scoring system and see him as a QB 2 based on him being ranked 13. M

If I saw him ranked 13th I would do the same.

Brady didn't have a down season in ff last season he avg 24 points per game. He missed some games due to being suspended. He got thrown into my broad statement of having a down year. Just meant he didn't finish as a QB1 because of the suspension. The helps prove my point though, he'll be ahead of Bortles and push him back a spot.

Ben will continue will be what he was last season, he's done. I don't think Ben will finish as a QB1 either but a good amount of people do think so. Just another guy he's got to beat.

Dalton could have a good season this season I like the moves they have done. Many people are on Dalton to have a good year and he has a great chance to finish as a QB1. He's better than Bortles.

I think Dak and the Zeke will indeed post less ff points then they did last year. Not sure what to expect from Dak. I could see him drop out of QB1 territory but not sure he does worse than Bortles. Very possible.

Wilson I think will also do what he did last season, I don't see any change on the Seahawks that makes me think other wise. Wilson has talent and could very well be a top 5 QB. Very good shot at being a QB1 and is a much better QB than Bortles.

I'm not on board with Palmer, I rather let you have him. Palmer is another guy I don't trust this year but he's certainly good enough to be a QB1. He's better than Bortles as well.

I like Newton to rebound this season and I have him ranked in my top six right now. Newton should return to a QB1 and once again he's a better QB than Bortles.

Bortles is not a good NFL QB but I like the ff points he puts up. And I draft qbs late and he's been good for me the last two years. When I look at the rest of his team, where their offense is going, how many QBs I think will finish better than him and the fact that Bortles isn't improving I just can't place him in the top 12 which makes him DND player for me.

Bortles is not a guy I would stay away from all year but I certainly wouldn't use a draft pick on him unless I needed to draft a 2nd QB.

Eli regressed last year. We don't know what he'll do this year. Dalton sucks and he especially sucks under pressure and the Bengals lost their 2 best offensive linemen. I would expect the others on this list to do better than Bortles as they are simply better.

I'm not a huge Eli fan but he can get the job done and has great weapons. He should be able to put up QB1 numbers. Dalton is not that bad and has proved he can be a top 5 QB and has some good weapons. He has a great chance to be a QB1 and I'd rather use a late pick on him instead of Bortles.

I'm not a huge Eli fan but he can get the job done and has great weapons. He should be able to put up QB1 numbers. Dalton is not that bad and has proved he can be a top 5 QB and has some good weapons. He has a great chance to be a QB1 and I'd rather use a late pick on him instead of Bortles.

No way Dalton finishes in the top 12. I'm not sure I'd rather have Bortles, but it's a toss up between them. If you have high expectations of Dalton you're going to be substantially disappointed.

No way Dalton finishes in the top 12. I'm not sure I'd rather have Bortles, but it's a toss up between them. If you have high expectations of Dalton you're going to be substantially disappointed.

You seem to have a major bias against Dalton. I've seen more love for him this year than hate. I think his ceiling is low end QB1 but I expect him to finish as a high end QB2, a couple spots ahead of Bortles. His OL scares me but I like his weapons. He has plenty of RBs, WRs and a good TE to throw to.

I'm ok with the fact that you and anyone else doesn't like him as a top 12 QB.

Great.

I'm not going to even try to change that.

Don't draft him it's all good.

I have him still as a QB1.

And if I'm wrong great let me know it.

I'm not so sure if you are trying to change my decision about Bortles or your trying to convince yourself.

I believe my open statement was that this news doesn't make me want to change my ranking of Bortles and it still doesn't.

Now losing his LT now that's a new issue on this situation.

If he's looks real bad as the preseason playes itself out then I will reduce and rethink my ranking of him.

So basically I don't care how you feel about how I rank him. Capiche.

Manning right now the hardest QB for me to rank.

His Wr tell me qb1 but his ff numbers don't.

Dalton I think should have a rebound season, just depends on A Green staying healthy.

I don't see another player on the Bengals that means more to Daltons ff point totals then Green does.

I'm ok with the fact that you and anyone else doesn't like him as a top 12 QB.

Great.

I'm not going to even try to change that.

Don't draft him it's all good.

I have him still as a QB1.

And if I'm wrong great let me know it.

I'm not so sure if you are trying to change my decision about Bortles or your trying to convince yourself.

I believe my open statement was that this news doesn't make me want to change my ranking of Bortles and it still doesn't.

Now losing his LT now that's a new issue on this situation.

If he's looks real bad as the preseason playes itself out then I will reduce and rethink my ranking of him.

So basically I don't care how you feel about how I rank him. Capiche.

I'm perfectly fine with you ranking him there and I admit that he certainly can do it. All I was really looking for was a reason as to why you feel that way. You didn't really have anything to back up your ranking other than he did it last year in your league and you think he'll do it again.

I posted all the info I did, not to change your mind, but more so to back up my reason for not having him ranked that high. I just think it adds more to the thread as others may be reading this and trying to gather info. Gut feelings really don't do a whole for anyone on here when it comes to fantasy football.

I was curious as to how he finished higher in your league so I looked back at three different leagues I was in last year to see how he finished. He finished as the 10th QB in one league and the 13th in the other two leagues. I'm not sure what the big scoring difference was yet. They each take away 2 points for INTs. Two of the leagues award 6 points for TDs but he finished 10th in one and 13th in the other so it wasn't that either. The other league he finished 13th in awards 4 points for TDs.

In my current, forever changing rankings here is what I have.

1. Aaron Rodgers

2. Tom Brady

3. Drew Brees

4. Matt Ryan

5. Andrew Luck

6. Russell Wilson

7. Jameis Winston

8. Philip Rivers

9. Kirk Cousins

10. Matt Stafford

11. Derek Carr

12. Cam Newton

13. Marcus Mariota

14. Andy Dalton

15. Tyrod Taylor

16. Ben Roethlisberger

17. Dak Prescott

18. Eli Manning

19. Carson Palmer

20. Carson Wentz

21. Joe Flacco

22. Blake Bortles

Like I said before, this list is constantly changing and will change more up until the season starts.

1. Aaron Rodgers

2. Tom Brady

3. Drew Brees

4. Matt Ryan

5. Andrew Luck

6. Russell Wilson

7. Jameis Winston

8. Philip Rivers

9. Matt Stafford

9. Derek Carr

10. Cam Newton

11. Marcus Mariota

12. Andy Dalton

13. Tyrod Taylor

14. Ben Roethlisberger

15. Dak Prescott

16. Eli Manning

17. Carson Palmer

18. Carson Wentz

19. Joe Flacco

20. Blake Bortles

Like I said before, this list is constantly changing and will change more up until the season starts.

other then having two 9s and no Cousins anywhere on the list.... its great :thumbsdown:

other then having two 9s and no Cousins anywhere on the list.... its great :thumbsdown:

Fixed it. I made adjustments while I was typing the list so some numbers got messed up. Also, I forgot Cousins which makes it even worse for Bortles.

Oh don't ever underestimate the good ol gut feeling.

I'm a numbers guy I like to look at avg points per game rather then total points.

If you look at total points from last season, Brady as you said would have had a below par ff season.

But look at his avg points per game and he would been the forth best QB in ff.

I'm not saying Bortles is a good QB. He's clearly not, but I draft qbs late he's worked for me the last two years.

And I'm targeting him once again this season. This news story doesn't change how i have him ranked at this time.

But if and when the preseason games start, and they do indeed start this Thursday and that's a very good thing. If he stinks then I will change his ranking.

I like avg points per game and gut feelings. It as paid off very nicely for me for the last 28 ff seasons and I pray it will once again this season.

It works great for me.

Hey nice list I hope that list works out for you.

Thanks for the chat.

1. Aaron Rodgers

2. Tom Brady

3. Drew Brees

4. Matt Ryan

5. Andrew Luck

6. Russell Wilson

7. Jameis Winston

8. Philip Rivers

9. Kirk Cousins

10. Matt Stafford

11. Derek Carr

12. Cam Newton

13. Marcus Mariota

14. Andy Dalton

15. Tyrod Taylor

16. Ben Roethlisberger

17. Dak Prescott

18. Eli Manning

19. Carson Palmer

20. Carson Wentz

21. Joe Flacco

22. Blake Bortles

Not a bad list.

I'd probably exchange Rivers and Wilson and I'd move Eli up a couple spots. I think he's gonna have a good year. Not quite top 10 good, but close.

otherwise, your list is pretty close to where mine is at.

Not a bad list.

I'd probably exchange Rivers and Wilson and I'd move Eli up a couple spots. I think he's gonna have a good year. Not quite top 10 good, but close.

otherwise, your list is pretty close to where mine is at.

Thanks. It gets changed a lot and it's a combination of other site's rankings along with my own feelings. It's also based on my league's scoring system which may change it from others.

I love what Eli has for weapons so he should be able to put up great numbers but he just has some thing about him where he gets in his own way it seems. I think he could be a safe pick late in drafts. I like Rivers and think I have Wilson too high. So many others have Wilson ranked pretty high but I just don't see it.

Thanks. It gets changed a lot and it's a combination of other site's rankings along with my own feelings. It's also based on my league's scoring system which may change it from others.

I love what Eli has for weapons so he should be able to put up great numbers but he just has some thing about him where he gets in his own way it seems. I think he could be a safe pick late in drafts. I like Rivers and think I have Wilson too high. So many others have Wilson ranked pretty high but I just don't see it.

oh, I'd also probably drop brady a couple of spots.

I think I'd drop him a couple spots to #5 just under andrew Luck. Not that I dont feel he's talented, but I have to account for additional risk with his age.

oh, I'd also probably drop brady a couple of spots.

I think I'd drop him a couple spots to #5 just under andrew Luck. Not that I dont feel he's talented, but I have to account for additional risk with his age.

I'm going to have to see some regression from him before I drop him.

Brady at the number two spot is a good spot for him.

I wouldn't move him down.