Sign in to follow this  
NPNG

Unusual Snake Drafting Order

I'm in 2 fantasy leagues - an auction that I'm the commissioner of, and a snake draft (sort of). The order is as follows:

round 1: 1 - 14

round 2: 14 - 1

round 3: 7-1; 14-8

round 4: 8-14; 1-7

It follows this pattern to the end (16 rounds). I've done plenty of mocks to determine which spot I like better but this throws a wrench into all those mocks. Where would you rather draft in this snake and why?

#1 cause David Johnson. There is a significant drop off between him and everyone else in my opinion. I'll take him and whoever falls to #28, over any other combination in the first two rounds. After round 2, & 3, it gets harder to predict who will be going where in each round. You have decent chance to land or miss out whoever it is your targeting in the mid rounds, regardless of where you pick.

#1 cause David Johnson. There is a significant drop off between him and everyone else in my opinion. I'll take him and whoever falls to #28, over any other combination in the first two rounds. After round 2, & 3, it gets harder to predict who will be going where in each round. You have decent chance to land or miss out whoever it is your targeting in the mid rounds, regardless of where you pick.

^^This

in one of my big $ leagues we do a 'Bonzai!' draft.

no predetermined slots, first round draft order is selected two minutes prior to draft starting. then each round following is also randomly drawn.

i like that it forces you to be even more prepared and focused, because you never know when your slot is coming up next. it also renders mocks obsolete, for the most part. gotta be on your toes, and be aware of every last selection.

we totally blew it up one season, and had all 12 teams submit 16 squares into a mini-drum. after a good spin, the team was picked to select, and we did that through all 16 rounds. one schlub wound up with 3 first round picks. I recall not having a selection for my team until pick 30 or so.

yeah, kinda blows, but we were all playing by the same rules. spicing chit up never hurts, routine snake draft gets tedious after awhile.

in one of my big $ leagues we do a 'Bonzai!' draft.

no predetermined slots, first round draft order is selected two minutes prior to draft starting. then each round following is also randomly drawn.

i like that it forces you to be even more prepared and focused, because you never know when your slot is coming up next. it also renders mocks obsolete, for the most part. gotta be on your toes, and be aware of every last selection.

we totally blew it up one season, and had all 12 teams submit 16 squares into a mini-drum. after a good spin, the team was picked to select, and we did that through all 16 rounds. one schlub wound up with 3 first round picks. I recall not having a selection for my team until pick 30 or so.

yeah, kinda blows, but we were all playing by the same rules. spicing chit up never hurts, routine snake draft gets tedious after awhile.

I would never play in a league like that.