Sign in to follow this  
Kopy

Man, putting down a dog is hard

RIP Buddy. You were an excellent dog.

I had to put his brother Dakota down 2 years ago. It was the first time in my life I ever had to do something like that. Boy was that hard, and bad.

I thought doing it once before I'd be prepared this time.

NOPE, I wasn't.

If you're looking for a big dog, (100 pound area). I highly recommend a Shepard/Husky mix. If you get one even half as good as mine. You're gonna be a very happy/satisfied person.

Thanks Buddy, for you just being you!

it's getting dusty in here

we put our dog (Boxer) down over 2 years ago now. Our son was 2, he often asked where she was.

I used to say "right up there in a box" we had her cremated.

No i didn't really say that. it was tough for a while, but we had to lie and use heaven, sorry bible thumpers, our dog was catholic.

it's getting dusty in here

we put our dog (Boxer) down over 2 years ago now. Our son was 2, he often asked where she was.

I used to say "right up there in a box" we had her cremated.

No i didn't really say that. it was tough for a while, but we had to lie and use heaven, sorry bible thumpers, our dog was catholic.

Should have told him the dog was aborted.

without abortion, he's not here and someone else is. HTH

"Boxey went to live on a farm with your brother"

• Like 1

"Boxey went to live on a farm with your brother"

:D

Sorry to hear.

Why did you have to put him down?

Was on the counter

I had to put his brother Dakota down 2 years ago. It was the first time in my life I ever had to do something like that. Boy was that hard, and bad.

NOPE, I wasn't.

If you're looking for a big dog, (100 pound area). I highly recommend a Shepard/Husky mix. If you get one even half as good as mine. You're gonna be a very happy/satisfied person.

He and Dakota are playing together like the old days.

Was on the counter

...Arms got tired

sorry to hear, yep doesn't get any easier.

also as a Shep and Husky owner over time, unless you have a very secure fence and perimeter, I don't recommend those dogs, as they are crazy escape artists and hunters

I have one who likes to escape and hunt squirrels, the other 2 if they are out never even try to leave, but if one escapes the whole pack is gone for hours. We are talking climbing 6 ft fences to get out too. However if he is out by himself he doesn't try either

its annoying always having to separate them or having to go outside any time all 3 of them are out. They never try if they can see me

It's damn near the hardest thing ever - I'm literally miserable for a week after having to do so.

Sorry man.

It's damn near the hardest thing ever - I'm literally miserable for a week after having to do so.

Sorry man.

Is it rough having to kill those chickens on the farm?

One of the toughest things I ever had to do. Sorry man.

One of the toughest things I ever had to do. Sorry man.

Tell the truth?

One thing that never gets any easier. It completely sucks every single time. I will be putting down my oldest cat in the next couple of weeks (17 yo, lymphoma).

One thing that never gets any easier. It completely sucks every single time. I will be putting down my oldest cat in the next couple of weeks (17 yo, lymphoma).

odd name for a cat.

sorry. been tough for us as well.

It's a black cat.

Nice. :D

Sorry to hear. It never gets easier.

Damn man. Thats not an easy day.

I inherited a dog when I got married.

Im the one who takes care of him and I know one day that duty will fall to me.

NOPE, I wasn't.

The local dog rescue here had a full bred Huskie puppy for adoption the other day. Man, I was tempted. But since Im gone three months a year, I decided that wasnt doable.

I actually think its cruel to have huskies and spizes down here. Its so focking hot for most of the year. You see these poor dogs just panting. They even make them wear shoes.

Tell the truth?

I am Ed. Bogey was my best friend. An amazing dog. First dog that was genuinely mine who never ran away. A Katrina pup. He was special. Found him in one of the worst parts of the flood zones behind a Rally's sitting in front it. A big eared puppy.

Loved that dog. Miss him much. When the doc said "I'm going to give him an injection and he's going to take three breaths. The last one, will be his last".

I wasn't prepared.

No more giant poop in the yard, no more having to take walks everyday, no more having to feed everyday, no more needing someone to babysit when you vacation, no more insane vet bills, no more hair/dirt/flees in your house, no more stink in your house, no more people secretly saying "ugh, his house is nasty" when they leave.....

Congratulations! You're a lucky man.

Get another one, in 5 months it will be the same as the last. Wanting/ showing you attention

For food

No more giant poop in the yard, no more having to take walks everyday, no more having to feed everyday, no more needing someone to babysit when you vacation, no more insane vet bills, no more hair/dirt/flees in your house, no more stink in your house, no more people secretly saying "ugh, his house is nasty" when they leave.....

Congratulations! You're a lucky man.

Those things are what makes us love them even more the day they say goodbye.

Sorry to hear.

Why did you have to put him down?

He had the personality and colors of a Husky. But his build/body style and genes was all Shepard.

Had the usual hip problems that most Shepards seem to go through. His back legs just didn't have the strength to lug around a 100 pound body anymore.

That's the hardest part. Other areas of health were great. (He would've been 11 in a couple weeks.)

Eyes, ears, eating, breathing, his temperament, bowel movements. Everything was still great.

Just physically, got Shepard old.

I thank everyone here for the kind words.

Sorry to hear. It never gets easier.

Nope, my back has gotten worse over the years :(

He had the personality and colors of a Husky. But his build/body style and genes was all Shepard.

Had the usual hip problems that most Shepards seem to go through. His back legs just didn't have the strength to lug around a 100 pound body anymore.

That's the hardest part. Other areas of health were great. (He would've been 11 in a couple weeks.)

Eyes, ears, eating, breathing, his temperament, bowel movements. Everything was still great.

Just physically, got Shepard old.

I thank everyone here for the kind words.

Sucks to hear.

Our 11 year old lab tore his ACL about 2 months ago. I thought we were going to have to put him down at the time, but he's still getting around okay. He still acts like a puppy and has no clue how big he is. Going to be a tough day when our labs have go. Ages 11 and 12.