Sign in to follow this  
kilroy69

Soooo I discovered a lump on my jawline

Most doctors I know are damn near impossible to get an appointment with and suck when you get there.

I went to the urologist when I was home. Still having pain in my hernia area occasionally and occasional testicular pain and some urinary issues.

Waited for an hour and a half after my appointment time for the doc to show himself. Could hear him bullsh!tting with what was clearly a "regular" down the hall forever.

He comes in, pokes and prods me for literally 10 seconds and says no recurring hernia. Says testicular pain happens and not to worry about it. Told me to take four alleve a day and wrote me a script for some drug for overractive bladder.

Charged me $250 for four minutes of his time. I paid cash, and for a bill for the same $250 two days later.

The alleve has pretty much eliminated the pain, which is remarkable given that I had the 30 hours of traveling, which usually gets me hurting pretty bad. But I am somehow not very confident in his "meh, it happens" diagnosis.

We need more doctors in America. The ones we have need competition. Bad.

This is why PAs and NPs are becoming more popular. Not as expensive to go to school, not as long to go to school, and not as hard to get into to. These professions are still ridiculously selective and if you're a white male you're basically screwed cause they will accept everyone else ahead of you and if they have room they will squeeze you in

the doctors aren't the problem - the "business" of healthcare including all the insurance, administration,legalese, and the overall "system".

The doctors aren't the problen with healthcare anymore than the students and teachers are with education - both are broken systems that no longer work for our modern society.

yup. Exactly. Said ice it. Take pain pills and come back if it does not go away or gets worse.

In Dr speak that's "GTFO puzzy"

I wouldn't stress over it

This is why PAs and NPs are becoming more popular. Not as expensive to go to school, not as long to go to school, and not as hard to get into to. These professions are still ridiculously selective and if you're a white male you're basically screwed cause they will accept everyone else ahead of you and if they have room they will squeeze you in

I am told a large part of the problem is that the medical profession has successfully lobbied to block the establishment of new medical schools, or increase enrollment at existing ones.

I don't know if that's true or not. If it is, we should import a couple million from abroad and tell them to Fock themselves.

the doctors aren't the problem - the "business" of healthcare including all the insurance, administration,legalese, and the overall "system".

The doctors aren't the problen with healthcare anymore than the students and teachers are with education - both are broken systems that no longer work for our modern society.

You are right about that. They are the lions share of the problem.

Every medical facility seems to have three paper shufflers for every person who actually does anything related to treatment. We could revolutionize health care overnight if we got rid of the insurance and billing and coding leeches.

Yeah, I advise everyone to wait on what digby has to say instead of this quack.

:lol:

I am told a large part of the problem is that the medical profession has successfully lobbied to block the establishment of new medical schools, or increase enrollment at existing ones.

I don't know if that's true or not. If it is, we should import a couple million from abroad and tell them to Fock themselves.

There's a lot of problems with it nowadays. The biggest reason is not many people are trying to go into anymore cause of how ridiculous it is. The ones who do go into it end up specializing instead of just being a general practitioner. Hell even surgical docs are on the decline. As a PA you're allowed to do 80% of what any doctor can do. Surgeons will hire 3-4 PAs to perform surgeries for the same price they could hire 1 surgeon.

I laughed.

Oh, pfft, not to mention it's your avatar. :doh:

You are right about that. They are the lions share of the problem.

Every medical facility seems to have three paper shufflers for every person who actually does anything related to treatment. We could revolutionize health care overnight if we got rid of the insurance and billing and coding leeches.

I'll take it a step further... in many cases the creators... the people who understand/invent/improve, those who are actually the subject matter experts, are NOT the ones running the companies/organizations. Those running the place are better bottom line managers and the goal quickly becomes profitability... and just like legality and morality are not often the same, neither is profitability and quality of product/service.

Money. Money. Money.

Profit is the goal that supersedes all other goals, whether it's stated and obvious or not.

It bothers me when I visit the primary care doctor... and it's lines of people waiting... the office is a drive thru and the medical professionals are working fast and efficient to maximize throughout.... probably to meet quotas and profit goals.

Remember Lavern & Shirley with those factory bottles going by? That's primary care doctors today.

:lol:

Didn't even read through the thread and this made me laugh. Had to go back searching for it :lol:

It bothers me when I visit the primary care doctor... and it's lines of people waiting... the office is a drive thru and the medical professionals are working fast and efficient to maximize throughout.... probably to meet quotas and profit goals.

Remember Lavern & Shirley with those factory bottles going by? That's primary care doctors today.

It's like most things in America anymore. The cost always goes up. The quality always goes down.

• Like 1

Did someone in this thread say teachers aren't a problem when it comes to education? Now thats plain stupid.

Did someone in this thread say teachers aren't a problem when it comes to education? Now thats plain stupid.

They aren't in most cases. Sure there are sh!tty ones. But most of the problems are parents.

Teachers are largely hobbled by administrators, and funding their classrooms out of thier own pocket.

Teachers need a raise and we need more of them. If we treated teachers and students like Japan did our education would be through the roof. Teachers are respected, paid well, and have control over their class. They don't take sh1t from the parents and the parents essentially have to listen to them as they conduct home visits to make sure things are ok at home. Students have to clean the school themselves, stand every time the teacher comes into class, etc. American kids walk all over the teachers cause they can and the teachers have to put up with it.

They aren't in most cases. Sure there are sh!tty ones. But most of the problems are parents.

Teachers are largely hobbled by administrators, and funding their classrooms out of thier own pocket.

Shitty parents have been and always will be a problem. Nothing new. Teachers don't get an out because of that. The education system, with much input from teachers, is failing our country on many levels. It's all smoke and mirrors.

Teachers need a raise and we need more of them. If we treated teachers and students like Japan did our education would be through the roof. Teachers are respected, paid well, and have control over their class. They don't take sh1t from the parents and the parents essentially have to listen to them as they conduct home visits to make sure things are ok at home. Students have to clean the school themselves, stand every time the teacher comes into class, etc. American kids walk all over the teachers cause they can and the teachers have to put up with it.

I can't speak to Japan in particular, but I have worked in multiple Chinese public schools, so I'll address some of that.

Asian education (at least here) is largely a show. It is all memorization. No critical thinking whatsoever.

Yes, the students clean the school. And as a result, it is focking filthy. They get new mops once a year. They basically push the dirt around daily is all.

But yes, teachers are much more respected here, and they take no sh!t. I have seen sh!t that shocked me. Smacking the hell out of kids, throwing their sh!t out the window, shaming them until they cry, etc.

That's one of my biggest problems actually. I cannot, or will not, do those things. And the kids know it, and walk all over me. I have had to toughen up A LOT to teach here.

And yeah, the parents here are better. Education wise I mean. The only complaints I ever got were that I wasn't giving ENOUGH homework. If I complain about their kid in any way, that kid gets an ass beating. I don't do that once I figured that out.

The kids all have tutors outside of school and go to educational camps and things on weekends. They never have any fun. It's sad really.

Shitty parents have been and always will be a problem. Nothing new. Teachers don't get an out because of that. The education system, with much input from teachers, is failing our country on many levels. It's all smoke and mirrors.

You're wrong.

Yes, teachers unions suck. I'll give you that.

But parents are a whole different game now than they were when we were in school. Now, the teacher is the enemy. Their kid is always right. And they want to sue.

The other half of the class is dirty, underfed, and basically a wild animal.

I'm not one that thinks teachers need a raise. Given the massive amounts of time off they get, they are paid in line with other professions.

What they need is a budget for materials, and administrators who get the parents off their back.

But largely, it's become mostly social work at this point.

You're wrong.

Yes, teachers unions suck. I'll give you that.

But parents are a whole different game now than they were when we were in school. Now, the teacher is the enemy. Their kid is always right. And they want to sue.

The other half of the class is dirty, underfed, and basically a wild animal.

I'm not one that thinks teachers need a raise. Given the massive amounts of time off they get, they are paid in line with other professions.

What they need is a budget for materials, and administrators who get the parents off their back.

But largely, it's become mostly social work at this point.

Teachers in my neck of the woods make good money. Some of them make obscene money for teaching useless like gym. There's a game going on in American education, and it's working for the elite. Teachers give high grades to everyone, wealthy parents shell out big loot for SAT tutors. Now the rich kid has the grades, the test scores, the BS volunteer shite that only rich kids can afford to do, and most importantly, the money to pay for the best schools in the country. Sure, Harvard and the rest will toss a few poor kids a bone , but most of the student body is rich kids, no matter their ethnicity or religion etc. They are after all, the best and the brightest.

I blame shitty parents on all the snowflakes these days too. How many families sit down and eat dinner together these days? How many do it with the tv off? How about no cell phones? It's a focking joke. I'm guilty at times, but do my best to unplug all weekend. Spend time outside and with my family. End short rant

Teachers in my neck of the woods make good money. Some of them make obscene money for teaching useless ###### like gym. There's a game going on in American education, and it's working for the elite. Teachers give high grades to everyone, wealthy parents shell out big loot for SAT tutors. Now the rich kid has the grades, the test scores, the BS volunteer shite that only rich kids can afford to do, and most importantly, the money to pay for the best schools in the country. Sure, Harvard and the rest will toss a few poor kids a bone , but most of the student body is rich kids, no matter their ethnicity or religion etc. They are after all, the best and the brightest.

I think that you spouted off some numbers of what teachers were paid in your school system and the numbers were bogus. We get it. You don't like teachers.

Teachers in my neck of the woods make good money. Some of them make obscene money for teaching useless ###### like gym. There's a game going on in American education, and it's working for the elite. Teachers give high grades to everyone, wealthy parents shell out big loot for SAT tutors. Now the rich kid has the grades, the test scores, the BS volunteer shite that only rich kids can afford to do, and most importantly, the money to pay for the best schools in the country. Sure, Harvard and the rest will toss a few poor kids a bone , but most of the student body is rich kids, no matter their ethnicity or religion etc. They are after all, the best and the brightest.

Sure. Everything is a game. Our country is in the latter stages of capitalising itself to death.

I think that you spouted off some numbers of what teachers were paid in your school system and the numbers were bogus. We get it. You don't like teachers.

Right. I suggest you look and see what teachers in Westchester and Putnam county NY make. Get back to me. I like good teachers. I don't like paying for useless ones.

Right. I suggest you look and see what teachers in Westchester and Putnam county NY make. Get back to me. I like good teachers. I don't like paying for useless ones.

Actually, I did look at those numbers and they were less than what you stated they were.

With that said, I don't like paying for useless teachers either, regardless of the amount.

Useless teachers don't tend to last long. There is a long line of people waiting for those jobs. It's pretty competitive these days, at least where I lived.

Actually, I did look at those numbers and they were less than what you stated they were.

With that said, I don't like paying for useless teachers either, regardless of the amount.

Put in Todd Cayea salary. He's one of our local football coaches, and that salary is from 6 years ago. He's a gym teacher.

Put in Todd Cayea salary. He's one of our local football coaches, and that salary is from 6 years ago. He's a gym teacher.

So, you are including overtime and coaching money. That is not salary. Now, gym teachers are the most useless out there. If you can't, teach. If you can't teach, teach phys ed.

So, you are including overtime and coaching money. That is not salary. Now, gym teachers are the most useless out there. If you can't, teach. If you can't teach, teach phys ed.

137k, 6 years ago? What kind of OT could he be doing? That's the going rate for a teacher in that district. Math, Science, English etc? Yes, pay them. Gym and the other elective BS? No thanks. But they all make the same. Ridiculous.

137k, 6 years ago? What kind of OT could he be doing? That's the going rate for a teacher in that district. Math, Science, English etc? Yes, pay them. Gym and the other elective BS? No thanks. But they all make the same. Ridiculous.

There is no focking way the math and science teachers are making that.

That was a football coaches salary, not a gym teacher salary.

There is no focking way the math and science teachers are making that.

That was a football coaches salary, not a gym teacher salary.

Did you look it up? There is also a web site called see through ny. Go play on that for a while. Football coaches get about 5k extra a year to coach. This isn't Texas.

Did you look it up? There is also a web site called see through ny. Go play on that for a while. Football coaches get about 5k extra a year to coach. This isn't Texas.

I would imagine the HS head coach gets more than $5k. They also usually coach more than 1 sport.

I would imagine the HS head coach gets more than $5k. They also usually coach more than 1 sport.

I don't know of him coaching anything else. About two-three years ago he made 144k. People were not happy. The school taxes there are some of the highest in the country.

I know exactly what your feeling.

I remember my AIDS scare back in the 90's when it seemed like I was focking everything that had a pulse (females)

A "friend" of mine told me that one of the girls I focked had teh aids.

Went to the free clinic the next day and had all the tests done.

Have you ever been tested for the Herpes? If not, don't do it.

B1tch stuck a cotton swab in my pee hole without any real warning :mad:

Either way, back in the day it took 2 weeks to get the results back. I was so fukkin on pins and needles so to speak, that I couldn't function at all as a normal mammal.

Cryed a few times...Punched holes in the wall...Drank too much...just hated myself and everything about my life style that got me in this predicament.

Test results came out clean.

Turns out that the "frined" was jealous that I had the sex with a girl that he was into and totally lied about the other girl having teh HIV.

Either way, I kinda dodged a bullet with my escapades back then. Caught the chlamydia once and caught the miserable focking crabs.

Not sure if it was the same girl, but chlamydia is easy for a guy. Take some antibiotics for a week and gone.

Allegedly it's much harder for a girl to shake it.

Crabs, on the other hand are a motherfucker to shake :mad:

Many of you men here and some of you women have had to deal with one or the other and mebbe both. Don't pretend that you haven't. (well, except for those of you that haven't)

Bottom line here is that :

1: It's a hummingbird

2: Keep your chin up

3: You are going to be just fine :thumbsup:

Hope you beat that guys ass.

I've sweated a couple of those tests myself. When I first started having the testicle pain and groin pain in the hernia, which also affected p!ssing, I was sure I had something. Turns out it was something else entirely.

Hope you beat that guys ass.

I've sweated a couple of those tests myself. When I first started having the testicle pain and groin pain in the hernia, which also affected p!ssing, I was sure I had something. Turns out it was something else entirely.

Lack of testicles? :banana:

Har har

Yea, the unknown can sure fock up one's psyche on occasion, right? :(

This guy gets it. Although some doctors are a part of the problem - usually the more business-oriented ones.