Sign in to follow this  
dutch boy

So I landed pick #1 in a PPR...

Majority of rankings list Gurley as the top pick, with Bell and Johnson close behind.

Any reason to be concerned with Gurley??? I like the offensive scheme the Rams have and there doesn't seem to be any downside.

Thoughts?

The only way one of the top 4 running backs fail is because of injury, or Bell could sit out some time. I wouldn't put it past him with the Steeler's kind of screwing him around with this franchise tag thing. I get it from a business perspective, but man the franchise tag system really screws over positions that don't carry a large salary at the top.

Personally, Fournette and Mcaffery are right there in the top 5. I would bounce Bell because of the uncertainty. Someone out of the top 4 has to end the season as a disappointment. Any reason other than injury, Bell is the only one I can place logic to. I am nervous about Kamara, Cook, and Hunt. I think they all could be in for some regression from an efficiency standpoint, while I think Fournette will improve on his efficiency.

I am more of a David Johnson 1 overall person myself, but the fact remains, his offense is just not near what the Rams offense is. Take Gurley. He is durable. His team is awesome.

• Like 1

The only way one of the top 4 running backs fail is because of injury, or Bell could sit out some time. I wouldn't put it past him with the Steeler's kind of screwing him around with this franchise tag thing. I get it from a business perspective, but man the franchise tag system really screws over positions that don't carry a large salary at the top.

Personally, Fournette and Mcaffery are right there in the top 5. I would bounce Bell because of the uncertainty. Someone out of the top 4 has to end the season as a disappointment. Any reason other than injury, Bell is the only one I can place logic to. I am nervous about Kamara, Cook, and Hunt. I think they all could be in for some regression from an efficiency standpoint, while I think Fournette will improve on his efficiency.

I am more of a David Johnson 1 overall person myself, but the fact remains, his offense is just not near what the Rams offense is. Take Gurley. He is durable. His team is awesome.

Gordon is my no 1 target after that cluster of 4. Hes a good bet to be top 3 in TD's and his catches will continue to rise

At least two out of the top 10 RBs will bust. Expect one from the top five. Most likely because of injury.

Who will it be? Only God knows.

My suggestion, pick the guy you'd rather watch and cross your fingers he plays 16 games.

Zeke would be my first choice. Dallas plays tons of prime time Sunday night games. followed by gurley

Id look at DJ very closely in ppr. Contract year, focal point of the offense, fresh legs from not playing last year.

I never get the first pick so I don't have this problem

My 10tm standard I had 1st last year, took DJ, Bust. This year drew 1st again, took Gurley, not expecting good things...rest of RBs are Howard, Collins, Henry, CThompson.

I took Gurley today at my draft no hesitation. Here is the full turnout. 12 man PPR, 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 RB/WR,1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF, 9 Bench

Andrew Luck

P. Mahomes

Gurley

McCaffrey

D Cook

R Freeman

Carson

Montgomery

J White

J Conner

B Cooks

Goodwin

Hogan

Edelman

D Moore

Gallup

Gesicki

Janikowski

Minnesota

Feeling pretty good. May trade off a solid RB for a WR1 later.

@Shaaby- Mccaffrey AND Cook both lasted to pick 24 in ppr, thats wild. Can you list the entire rnd 1/2 please?

• Like 1

Sure: it was Gurley, Rogers, Elliot, Bell, Brady, Johnson, Brown, Barkley, Kamara, Hopkins, OBJ and Prescott... yes Prescott. Then in round two (serpentine) the guy who took Prescott kicks it off with Wilson, Jones, Hunt, Thomas, Gordon, Fournette, Brees, Gronkowski, Allen, Green and Adams... here I took CMC and Cook to kick off round 3.

Antonio Brown isn't a bad pick in PPR either

Sure: it was Gurley, Rogers, Elliot, Bell, Brady, Johnson, Brown, Barkley, Kamara, Hopkins, OBJ and Prescott... yes Prescott. Then in round two (serpentine) the guy who took Prescott kicks it off with Wilson, Jones, Hunt, Thomas, Gordon, Fournette, Brees, Gronkowski, Allen, Green and Adams... here I took CMC and Cook to kick off round 3.

A guy took Dak Prescott and Russel Wilson with his first two picks? Can start 2 QB or no? If hes just a dummy thats fine too, just looking for clarification for context. Either way terrible picks. Now watch that guy hit on his late round RBs and make the playoffs haha thats FF.
  • Like 1

can I play in your league next year?

any league you can end up with Gurley, CMac and Cook is for kiddos

We have four teams that are pretty new or rookies. The other owners are veterans. I guess they like there QBs. Lol works for me. Allows my deep bench.

To answer the question, no we dont play two QBs.

We have four teams that are pretty new or rookies. The other owners are veterans. I guess they like there QBs. Lol works for me. Allows my deep bench.

Ok just checking. The funny thing is, those are gonna be the dangerous guys. The draft can mean very little in the span of a season, the bozos can very easily fall face first into this years waiver darlings and win the league. Ive seen beginners luck that would make your head spin.

FF is as popular as it is because Betty from accounting can get 22 from her kicker while your stud trio all put up 5 points and she wins. It makes people feel good and smart when in reality they are in control of very little.

1) Gurley

2) Zeke

3) Bell/DJ

At first I had Bell as a clear number 3, but I'm starting to think I might move DJ up and drop Bell to #4.

I have Gordon as the clear no 5

Dude is going to finish top 3 this year...who drops out I have no clue, its easy to say Bell.

Watched the first two series tonight, its Gordon, Gordon, Allen, dump to Gordon, run to Gordon, TD Gordon

20 carries 3-4 catches a game 16 td's this year incoming

Im in similar situation and leaning heavily towards Zeke so thats what my would have been. Gurleys year last year should be Zekes this year imo.

Refreshing to see someone actually post a league where members aren't all playing for 10k shark leagues. The nature of this hobby is that it is just that to most people...a hobby that doesn't get more than a few thoughts each week.

• Like 1

Refreshing to see someone actually post a league where members aren't all playing for 10k shark leagues. The nature of this hobby is that it is just that to most people...a hobby that doesn't get more than a few thoughts each week.

FFball is life

I also got first pick this year in a 14 teamer and at first I hated it but the more I think about it the more I like it. I think the top 4 are all basically interchangeable and a case could be made for each one going first. I would take Gurley as I feel he is the safest out of the four. As far as drafting first, the loooong wait between first pick and your next pick is excruciating. However, you get to select the best overall player and wind up with three out of the top 30 (in my scenario anyway) picks. In the first three rounds that's huge as I feel the talent starts to balance itself out after that. Initially I wanted to draft at the end so I could get a solid duo of RBs (Hunt, Fournette, Gordon, etc), WRs (Beckham, Julio, etc) or RB/WR. First overall gets you a weekly winner in your choice out of Gurley, Bell, DJ and Zeke plus the back to back picks on the swing and depending how the draft goes you can really stack quite a lineup with those first three picks.

With Bruce Arians retiring, does that possibly change the play style of the Cardinals offense? Is it the same offensive coordinator from the previous seasons? I would think DJ would be the obvious focal point, but maybe a coaching change might change things, or at the very least, tweak things?

With Bruce Arians retiring, does that possibly change the play style of the Cardinals offense? Is it the same offensive coordinator from the previous seasons? I would think DJ would be the obvious focal point, but maybe a coaching change might change things, or at the very least, tweak things?

Well?

Gordon is the right answer

At no.2 yes, Gurley was the unquestionable best first pick. Im pretty damn happy I got Gordy at 9.

Also check out the whole nfl as far as rushing. Gordon doesnt even have 100yds on the season yet. Guys are getting their points catching. I wonder if the rush leader will even break 1300.

I was more pointing out the David Johnson stuff. I was worried about a new coach/scheme/roster lacking talent and its looking like I was right to worry.

To be honest, it wasnt about boasting about being right, it was more of just the concern about his situation. Seemed everybody was all gung-ho about DJ but maybe didnt factor in all the changes? With that said, is he a buy low opportunity or do we think this struggle continues?

To be honest, it wasnt about boasting about being right, it was more of just the concern about his situation. Seemed everybody was all gung-ho about DJ but maybe didnt factor in all the changes? With that said, is he a buy low opportunity or do we think this struggle continues?

I'm going to buy low, but maybe after they face the Bears next week?

I'm going to buy low, but maybe after they face the Bears next week?

What would be a fair offer at this point? I think I have the pieces to land him as my flex.

I'm a DJ owner in one league and I'm still worried that entire team won't be able to turn it around. It'd be sad, but I'm thinking of selling low. if I wait for a big game, I might be waiting all year.

DJ for Hunt? DJ for Freeman? DJ for Fournette? Ugh...it's not good. I'm hoping I'm wrong, because I'll probably just hold. Bradford has played terrible. Play calling has been even worse.

The Giants aren't good, but at least they feed Barkley like crazy. That's what DJ needs.

I'm a DJ owner in one league and I'm still worried that entire team won't be able to turn it around. It'd be sad, but I'm thinking of selling low. if I wait for a big game, I might be waiting all year.

DJ for Hunt? DJ for Freeman? DJ for Fournette? Ugh...it's not good. I'm hoping I'm wrong, because I'll probably just hold. Bradford has played terrible. Play calling has been even worse.

The Giants aren't good, but at least they feed Barkley like crazy. That's what DJ needs.

As a Hunt owner, I'm not sure I'd do that. Hunt will be volatile, but at least I know there will be some good games mixed in.

I would be fine having Fournette over DJ. The offense is competent and Fournette is really good. Just hope he doesn't get hurt. I have Fournette and Barkley in non ppr. I assume Barkley will still be mostly fine getting a million touches.