Sign in to follow this  
Cloaca du jour

As americans fail drug tests...hire refugees

As Sanctuary Cities Grow, Public Schools 'Left Holding the Bag

immigration, both legal and illegal, over recent years has resulted in a sharp increase in the number and share of public school students coming from immigrant households, which is currently almost one out of four, according to the Center for Immigration Studies (CIS). This has raised concerns about assimilation, the absorption capacity of U.S. schools and rising costs on state and local governments.

Programs for students not born in the U.S., or whose native language is not English, in some cases are growing faster than school districts’ ability to run and fund them effectively. On average, states and municipalities in the U.S. spend $59.2 billion to educate Limited English Proficiency (LEP) students, according to the Federation for American Immigration Reform (F.A.I.R.).

Montgomery County, which champions sanctuary policies and openly welcomes illegal aliens, has around 15 percent of all students attending the ESOL program, which has grown 42 percent since 2010. Over the same period, ESOL costs in Montgomery County increased 53% to $462 million, indicating spending is rising faster than enrollment, according to F.A.I.R.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/2017/03/28/as-sanctuary-cities-grow-public-schools-left-holding-bag.html

Libtards would rather a child remain in the care of drug addicts then spend a little money caring for them. I thought it was conservatives that don't care about babies after they are born? Hack. Not one bit of conviction in any of their beliefs. Just want to win an argument.

For the love of christ will you stop saying libtards? It's childish and impossible to take you seriously..grow up

For the love of christ will you stop saying libtards? It's childish and impossible to take you seriously..grow up

Half the internet says it and you want to blame it on me? No. It's funny and it fits.

Half the internet says it and you want to blame it on me? No. It's funny and it fits.

Im not blaming anything on you. You just sound really stupid

Im not blaming anything on you. You just sound really stupid

Just me? And Trumptard is fine?

"In our lives, we don't have drugs," said Alzamel, who was hired within three months after arriving in Pennsylvania. "We don't even know what they look like or how to use them."

Parties over there must be a blast.

If you're into man boy love and focking goats.

Newbie, Slo: you would rather the child stay with someone who pops positive for drugs than have them taken away? Cause clearly the person who's getting high is a fit to be a parent in your eyes. Spending the governments money (cause we know it isn't their dam money) on drugs instead of spending it to take care of their child is more important to them

Newbie, Slo: you would rather the child stay with someone who pops positive for drugs than have them taken away? Cause clearly the person who's getting high is a fit to be a parent in your eyes. Spending the governments money (cause we know it isn't their dam money) on drugs instead of spending it to take care of their child is more important to them

You're making quite a leap there. Who said the parents weren't taking care of their kids? In my example, the dad could have gotten popped for smoking a joint. I'm sure there are many people here who are parents and have smoked weed. I bet none of them would say that they don't take care of their kids.

Depends on what drugs and if it's one failed test vs multiple or an addiction issue.

and you make a ton of assumptions and leaps in this here

You're making quite a leap there. Who said the parents weren't taking care of their kids? In my example, the dad could have gotten popped for smoking a joint. I'm sure there are many people here who are parents and have smoked weed. I bet none of them would say that they don't take care of their kids.

Weed is a little bit different from coke, meth, or heroin. Weed is on it's way to being legal all over so we aren't talking about that. And no it's not a leap. If you pop positive for those drugs then you aren't taking care of your kid and are a danger to them. There's no way around that

Depends on what you mean by "popped for drugs."

Crack or heroin? Sure. Remove em.

A little weed? No.

I don't know how it is in your state, but foster care is no picnic. And the adoption market for black babies is a slow one.