Sign in to follow this  
werethemillers

Your “gotta have ‘em” mid round targets you’re gonna reach for

The first 4-5 rounds are fairly typical, and shuffling around of the top RB/WR on every team. These discussions are common....

I wanna talk about other things now.

Who are guys that you are willing to reach for this year or guys you just HAVE to have on your team?

Really just looking for guys that are going to chew up Target shares. Guys like Kenny Stills and Jarvis Landry. Or guys that are just an injury away from being a major starter like a Spencer Ware.

As far as reach guys I really want to reach for Derrick Henry and Christian McCaffrey in the second. I don't see many wide receivers I want to reach for. doesnt mean I will reach for them but I'd love to have them on my team this year.

Non ppr J Howard in the second round.

I see him going in the third round even late third round.

I think in a non ppr Howard will be a top ten Rb.

Goodwin is a guy I want. Hyde is the biggest reach at rb I am going to make. Probably take some qbs before their adp.

Yes...both guys I'd like as well

Goodwin is a guy I want. Hyde is the biggest reach at rb I am going to make. Probably take some qbs before their adp.

I think I am in on Hyde. They didn't pay him $5m a year to get 10 touches a game. Plus he is a really good back.

This may seem nuts, but I have rosters Cordarelle Patterson in my dynasty. If you are looking for a late round receiver, he's worth a shot. My leagues always have larger benches, so I can find spots for players like him. It will probably amount to nothing, but man it would be sweet to see a team at least TRY to utilize him.

at qb wilson is a guy i might reach for a round early. rb maybe ingram. wr i always like having landry if for nothing else than i enjoy watching him play. prob end up reaching for burton if i dont roll a stud te early. seriously considering reaching for jags defense, and when i say reach i mean draft them near thier ADP cause typically i wait till last round or 2 for one. those are the ones off the top of my head.

Hogan, Burkhead, Delanie

I am a little concerned that Burkhead is going to play this year with a torn ligament in his knee. I would like to see something where players have played similarly

On board with Goodwin like some on this board. Chris Hogan hopefully I can get at ge end of the 5th round. Delanie Walker, Kelvin Benjamin, Marvin Jones, Mike Williams, Cohen.

I am a little concerned that Burkhead is going to play this year with a torn ligament in his knee. I would like to see something where players have played similarly

Same concerns. I just traded for Hogan and Rex in the offseason. I had high hopes for both and now I feel like I am screwed with Rex. It'll be questionable and who knows what off and on all year.

So since everyone is in on Goodwin, we can expect not to get good prices on him?

I think so. I have already accepted it and moved on to the Stills of the world.

After all the RB1s are gone the only early mid round RBs I want to take are Ingram, Lynch, Miller, Royce Freeman and Kerryon Johnson if he falls around RB30.

I reached on pat mahomes. 4th rd in a superflex with big bonus for 40 plus yard tds. I paired him with hill for a stack that could win me a game by themselves.

I reached on pat mahomes. 4th rd in a superflex with big bonus for 40 plus yard tds. I paired him with hill for a stack that could win me a game by themselves.

That's not a reach imo. That is a steal. Nice pick in a superflex and bonus for long TD league.

That's not a reach imo. That is a steal. Nice pick in a superflex and bonus for long TD league.

I feel it was a reach only because i could have possssibly waited a few rounds. But I really wanted that hill/mahomes stack.

Not super flex but I play with bonus for 50yd+ tds. Mahomes is def more interesting here, especially if you love waiting extra long for QB. They are weighted pretty heavily in my league though so you need to either reach early or really nail your late pick.

My go-to guys in the midrounds tend to be players who missed a few games last year, but had stellar points-per-game, or are young players on the verge of a breakout. My favorite PPG guy this year is Robert Woods: WR19 in half-PPR PPG last year, going around WR35-40 this year. I think he's a value even with Cooks likely to outplay 2017 Watkins.

For breakout, it's Chris Godwin. He showed his whole skillset at the end of last year and should take snaps and targets away from Humphries and DeSean right away. I will happily take him or Kenny Golladay as my 4th or 5th WR in the double-digit rounds.

If you drafted rojo in your rookie draft (like I did) you'll want to grab peyton barber a round early.

Godwin getting a lot of hype, so his adp is climbing. Same for Golladay. Give me Stills over both for ppg production this year.

Also think Lynch has another strong year left, he's going way later than he should.

If you drafted rojo in your rookie draft (like I did) you'll want to grab peyton barber a round early.

Godwin getting a lot of hype, so his adp is climbing. Same for Golladay. Give me Stills over both for ppg production this year.

Also think Lynch has another strong year left, he's going way later than he should.

Funny you post this. I was just looking at him and thinking, should I pull the trigger on him in my draft? A 5th round pick for him seems steep though, for the age. I guess we need someone to defy the typical age of break down every so often. It hasn't happened recently has it? Law of averages probably says we are due.

The only problem though, he never seems to fit into my draft plan. I would have to pass on Royce Freeman to get him. How do you have them ranked in redraft this year?

Royce has looked better than Booker but I still see a timeshare & an unknown offense there.

Barring injury I see Lynch putting up rb12-16 type numbers.

Not super flex but I play with bonus for 50yd+ tds. Mahomes is def more interesting here, especially if you love waiting extra long for QB. They are weighted pretty heavily in my league though so you need to either reach early or really nail your late pick.

well lets put it this way. We have a bonus for 40 plus yards and then a bonus for 40 plus yard tds. The long td to hill would have been a 60 point play for the stack. As soon as i took hill i was sweating bullets waiting for it to come back to me to take mahomes.

Remember when Culpepper tossed moonshots and moss just ran under them? That is how I think its gonna go

My go-to guys in the midrounds tend to be players who missed a few games last year, but had stellar points-per-game, or are young players on the verge of a breakout. My favorite PPG guy this year is Robert Woods: WR19 in half-PPR PPG last year, going around WR35-40 this year. I think he's a value even with Cooks likely to outplay 2017 Watkins.

For breakout, it's Chris Godwin. He showed his whole skillset at the end of last year and should take snaps and targets away from Humphries and DeSean right away. I will happily take him or Kenny Golladay as my 4th or 5th WR in the double-digit rounds.

Sorry but I think Woods will finish third in ff points on his own team.

Keeryon johnson - maybe the only rookie RB that knows how to block. Can catch and run. My dark horse to finish in the top 10. I'll reach for this guy.

Burton- won't come off the field

White- patriots just lost their 1st round pick left tackle.

Offensive line is in shambles. No chance Brady risks getting hit and hurt. It would be a blow to TB12. Dump passes all day until belicheck builds line.

WR - Goodwin, Landry, C Kirk, C Moore (he likes to go fast!!!) :D and maybe Edelman

RB - Ivory, Ingram, D Lewis, Burkhead

TE - Njoku

I think I am in on Hyde. They didn't pay him $5m a year to get 10 touches a game. Plus he is a really good back.

I'm thinking the same thing. He got put back in the pool for a dynasty league I'm in. Hope I can get him in the 1st and Chubb in the 2nd.

Keeryon johnson - maybe the only rookie RB that knows how to block. Can catch and run. My dark horse to finish in the top 10. I'll reach for this guy.

Burton- won't come off the field

White- patriots just lost their 1st round pick left tackle.

Offensive line is in shambles. No chance Brady risks getting hit and hurt. It would be a blow to TB12. Dump passes all day until belicheck builds line.

Kerryon had 4 rec's for 33 yds in the 1st preseason game and 1 for 10 in the 2nd and it got me daydreaming about whether he had the potential to out-Riddick Riddick and perhaps cut into the latter's role.

They think that Burkhead can get by in spite of this small tear in his knee but one has to wonder whether further physical stress could aggravate that tear further, making White very relevant this year.

What about Royce Freeman for the Broncos? I kind of am intrigued by the size and dancing feet.

Hogan is a good pick but he is going to scream up the adp in the next week and lose a lot of value.

I think their might be some value in San Francisco, no one is talking about them and Garopplo looked kind of amazing last year. No idea who that would be but their a rising team not many people are talking about. We need some homer insight.

Ill reach for Royce in the 4th. He will take the reins by week 6 at worst. Booker is not gonna outplay him. He was the closest thing behind Barkley thats a 3 down back

What about Royce Freeman for the Broncos? I kind of am intrigued by the size and dancing feet.

Hogan is a good pick but he is going to scream up the adp in the next week and lose a lot of value.

I think their might be some value in San Francisco, no one is talking about them and Garopplo looked kind of amazing last year. No idea who that would be but their a rising team not many people are talking about. We need some homer insight.

Man, seeing all my previous value plays sky rocket in price. Who are the guys that are falling in their place? Why can't those guys give people hope!

I really want Ingram at a discount if I can get him in say rds 5-6, then Goodwin, I’m intrigued, Cohen, I think he’s gonna be a Sproles Esque ppr monster, dion Lewis, Kyle Rudolph especially, trey burton and my plan is to wait at qb and get cousins late like rd 9 or 10 hopefully.

Rivers

Chris Carson

Mike Williams

O.J. Howard

All will out perform their respective ADPs by 10 spots come seasons end..BANK!

I really want Ingram at a discount if I can get him in say rds 5-6, then Goodwin, I’m intrigued, Cohen, I think he’s gonna be a Sproles Esque ppr monster, dion Lewis, Kyle Rudolph especially, trey burton and my plan is to wait at qb and get cousins late like rd 9 or 10 hopefully.

I am back and forth on Ingram. I like the talent. Given he won't be playing 5 of the first 6 weeks it makes it tough to take him that early.

Kerryon Johnson is really growing on me.

I do as well, but based on where I'm drafting, I'll likely have to pass over Miller, & Lynch to take him. Not sure if I like him that much.