Sign in to follow this  
jtimko

Talk me out of Fournette over Saquon

Drafting a 10 person non-ppr tomorrow from 5th slot. Was taking Saquon from the get-go, but having second thoughts. I feel like in non-ppr Fournette might be the safer choice. He's proven himself, going to get a ton of volume, and has a better o-line. Barkley has more upside yeah.. but isn't it paramount to not have a bust in round 1? Probably still going with Barkley, but please try to talk me off the ledge. :)

Mmm I don’t think Barkley as more upside.

I think Fournette does.

I would take him over Barkley.

Lets see. Go with the guy who has already proven to be a stud. Who has nfl experience under his belt orrrrr a guy that has never touched the field. Never played a full nfl schedule.

Really?

On the bright side a 10 team league is the kindergarten of fantasy. So no matter how bad you fock up there will be tons left on the wire.

Do you want to be convinced to take Barkley or Fournette? I think Barkley will actually get more snaps as a primary pass catcher, Fournette has more easy touchdown upside, Saquon may lead all running backs in big plays 40 yards +. If you just want the safest pick I'd go option C Melvin Gordon.

I think your league scoring should dictate who you should draft. If it was a ppr, I'd recommend Barkley. But since it's a non, I'd recommend Fournette.

I can’t. Fournette lost weight, already showed he can have a big season and the Jags got a really good LG. He’s the majority of their offense. Saquon is tending to a hammy, is a rookie and has a world class WR with a 10td floor on the offense alongside a dynamic red zone TE.

I would take Fournette. I think he's going to have a big year and jump up a few notches from where he's being taken.

I'm sure Barkley will be good but we don't really know how good yet, still some risk there.

As requested OP--

You can't possibly pass up the opportunity to draft an ELITE freak talent like Barkley. The Giants are going to ride the new prized rookie like a show pony this year to prove how smart it was to not replace Eli. His upside is off the charts compared to Fournette, who will probably be in a time-share with Yeldon to preserve him from injury. No-Brainer here draft Barkley.

Unsolicited advice - go Fournette, over-hyped rookies scare the out of me.

• Like 1

As requested OP--

You can't possibly pass up the opportunity to draft an ELITE freak talent like Barkley. The Giants are going to ride the new prized rookie like a show pony this year to prove how smart it was to not replace Eli. His upside is off the charts compared to Fournette, who will probably be in a time-share with Yeldon to preserve him from injury. No-Brainer here draft Barkley.

Unsolicited advice - go Fournette, over-hyped rookies scare the ###### out of me.

:lol:

I think Barkley is going to be a bust for where people are drafting him. He has had 1 good run in the pre-season, then 1yd/run after that run. He averaged 2.5yds a carry vs Rutgers and under 3yds a carry over a 5 game stretch. Not saying he can't be a ok player, but people have been taking him top 5-10. Hes had more injuries than good runs in the NFL so far. I get the CJ Spiller feeling all over again (and no I didn't bite for that either). People took him top 5, for his big breakout year.

This is the reason why I do my online drafts in late July. The rookie rbs are always overvalued and go way to early ....Then preseason starts and prople realize that rookies and indeed rookies ... In both leagues I was able to grab hunt and fournette in the 10 and 12th spot without hesitation. I let the others grab the Barkleys, jones', Freeman's in the first 4 rounds.

On the bright side a 10 team league is the kindergarten of fantasy. So no matter how bad you fock up there will be tons left on the wire.

These blanket statements are just stupid. You don't know the scoring or the lineups. My main league is a 10-team and there is often very little on waivers. We play 2-QBs (none of that sissy where you can pick up Mariota and Keenum or even better anytime you want) plus 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 TE, a WRT flex plus a K and DEF and 6 IDPs with a 7 spot bench. So good luck with that tons on the wire nonsense.

To the OP: non-PPR, take Bugu!

I think Barkley is going to be a bust for where people are drafting him. He has had 1 good run in the pre-season, then 1yd/run after that run. He averaged 2.5yds a carry vs Rutgers and under 3yds a carry over a 5 game stretch. Not saying he can't be a ok player, but people have been taking him top 5-10. Hes had more injuries than good runs in the NFL so far. I get the CJ Spiller feeling all over again (and no I didn't bite for that either). People took him top 5, for his big breakout year.

I get not wanting to spend a super high pick on any rookie, with so many other good options as the opportunity cost, However Barkley was awesome at Penn State, and tested athletically at the top of the pyramid. Spiller was good but not in the same area code...

These blanket statements are just stupid. You don't know the scoring or the lineups. My main league is a 10-team and there is often very little on waivers. We play 2-QBs (none of that sissy ###### where you can pick up Mariota and Keenum or even better anytime you want) plus 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 TE, a WRT flex plus a K and DEF and 6 IDPs with a 7 spot bench. So good luck with that tons on the wire nonsense.

sorry lost me at 10 team

sorry lost me at 10 team

Not at all surprised.

sorry lost me at 10 team

Sometimes guys drop out and you need to go to 10. 10-12 are both fine, 8 is kids stuff and 14 is hardcore.

These blanket statements are just stupid. You don't know the scoring or the lineups. My main league is a 10-team and there is often very little on waivers. We play 2-QBs (none of that sissy ###### where you can pick up Mariota and Keenum or even better anytime you want) plus 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 TE, a WRT flex plus a K and DEF and 6 IDPs with a 7 spot bench. So good luck with that tons on the wire nonsense.

👍👍

Thanks for the replies. Still going to draft Saquan. Fournette looked good in pre-season tonight, but pre-season means almost nothing to me. Barkley is a talent like we haven't seen in a while. He's in a great situation with a coach who has turned lesser RB's into studs.

Thanks for the replies. Still going to draft Saquan. Fournette looked good in pre-season tonight, but pre-season means almost nothing to me. Barkley is a talent like we haven't seen in a while. He's in a great situation with a coach who has turned lesser RB's into studs.

Why do people keep saying this? Fournette and Johnson are both freakish athletes that also play the position of running back very well. We have seen guys like Barkley come out. He skipped agility drills, which is more important for a rb than straight line speed. Why would he do that if he was the best athlete in a long time?

Both of them will get a ton of touches. Can't ask for much more with their talent at that spot. Well besides Gordon who is on a better offense. Yeah Gordon will average under 4 ypc, but he will probably have 15 tds

If you haven't drafted yet and still need to be convinced, I just came across this interview with Kirk Herbstreit.

https://nypost.com/2018/08/26/espns-kirk-herbstreit-can-tell-you-why-giants-got-draft-right/