Sign in to follow this  
MDC

Best way to invest $25K?

Itisatipthat Roth 401k

Yeah, cause you can add lump sums from an inheritance to a 401K......NOT! :dunno:

throw it on Federer to win the US Open...

after september 14th, cash out and wonder how to invest 25K+ :shocking:

Upgrade the coffee pot at the office. It will lower the stress level at the job.

Invest in real creamer for the coffee. Secretary of the Week is in the bag. :music_guitarred:

:lol: I was gonna say invest it in the low-budget remake of "9 to 5" :dunno:

MDC, Andy Dufrane, or anybody,

What are the tax implications for something like this. Let's say your grandma who is now living in a assisted living place gives her old house to you and your sister to sell.

How do you get away with paying as little tax as possible? Should Grandma sell the house and 'gift' the monies instead?

MDC, Andy Dufrane, or anybody,

What are the tax implications for something like this. Let's say your grandma who is now living in a assisted living place gives her old house to you and your sister to sell.

How do you get away with paying as little tax as possible? Should Grandma sell the house and 'gift' the monies instead?

I believe each state has different legislation on this matter. One thing I can offer is the State and Federal Gubments aren't foolish when it comes to losing tax dollars. It isn't as easy as 1-2-3 to rid an estate of money to avoid tax implications or avoid nursing homes from sucking your inheritance dry. Grandma should have been gifting long before her assisted living days.