44.7 FG%

32.9 3pt%

PER: 22.9

WS: 172.7

1 MVP

2 Finals MVP's

5 NBA titles

----------------------------------

LeBron has Kobe beaten in every single statistical category and in the majority of the numbers he has him beat very badly.

LeBron has three more MVP's than Kobe and one more Finals MVP than Kobe and has at least five more years as a MVP level player.

Kobe is not nearly as good as he thinks he is......

Kobe thought he was Jordan II, but in reality he was the guy who most reminded us of Jordan, Lebron is getting to Jordan II status, but not there yet.

If you're asking right now no Kobe is still better. More Rings defensive teams points All-Star selections. Also doesnt have 4 losses in finals. I fully expect LeBron to pass in those but he hasn't yet. So right now? no career? definitely

Career stats for LeBron and Kobe...

LeBron:

27.2 ppg

7.2 rb

6.9 ast

1.7 stl

0.8 blk

49.8 FG%

34.0 3pt%

PER: 27.7

WS: 192.5

4 MVP's

3 Finals MVP's

3 NBA titles

Kobe:

25.0 ppg

5.2 rb

4.7 ast

1.4 stl

0.5 blk

44.7 FG%

32.9 3pt%

PER: 22.9

WS: 172.7

1 MVP

2 Finals MVP's

5 NBA titles

----------------------------------

LeBron has Kobe beaten in every single statistical category and in the majority of the numbers he has him beat very badly.

LeBron has three more MVP's than Kobe and one more Finals MVP than Kobe and has at least five more years as a MVP level player.

These stats both fail horribly in comparison to Kareem and Wilt, so you have them higher on your all time player list right?

Without a doubt. Was this really a debate? :dunno:

Like I said, it used to be. The knock on Lebron was championships. Well, six straight finals and three rings later (along with three finals MVP's) has put this debate to rest. Kobe is usually just inside (or outside) everyone's all-time top ten. Lebron is usually #2, and always top five.

Keep in mind that Lebron hasn't had the latter part of his career yet. His stats will dip like kobes did.

It's a good point. :unsure:

It's a good point. :unsure:

You will just have to work extra hard in convincing us that he's still the best player, but we know you can do it.

Keep in mind that Lebron hasn't had the latter part of his career yet. His stats will dip like kobes did.

True. But Michael Jordan played for the Bullets and was a fraction of his former self and no one remembers him that way. Rarely does a player retire without a significant downturn in his productivity.

It's comical how easily you guys dismiss Kobe.

Kobe has more rings, 7 THOUSAND more points,more All nba teams, more all nba 1st teams, twice as many all defensive teams, and more scoring titles.

Don't get me wrong LeBron will probably catch him and some of those but certainly not all. And I'll give you that LeBron has done it with a bigger group of Misfits over his career than Kobe did. Still I don't think it's possible you can say he's better than Kobe at this moment. Career wise I'll give you that. But not right now

Kobe thought he was Jordan II, but in reality he was the guy who most reminded us of Jordan, Lebron is getting to Jordan II status, but not there yet.

LeBron and Jordan were not the same player at all. Kobe was much closer to Jordan

It's comical how easily you guys dismiss Kobe.

Kobe has more rings, 7 THOUSAND more points,more All nba teams, more all nba 1st teams, twice as many all defensive teams, and more scoring titles.

Don't get me wrong LeBron will probably catch him and some of those but certainly not all. And I'll give you that LeBron has done it with a bigger group of Misfits over his career than Kobe did. Still I don't think it's possible you can say he's better than Kobe at this moment. Career wise I'll give you that. But not right now

Attributed mostly to Shaq and longevity. Don't get me wrong, Kobe was great. But not Lebron-great. Lebron/Shaq might go undefeated.

Attributed mostly to Shaq and longevity. Don't get me wrong, Kobe was great. But not Lebron-great. Lebron/Shaq might go undefeated.

Kobe went to 3 NBA finals without Shaq, and won 2 of them. He won his MVP without Shaq. The notion that all of Kobe's accomplishments are because of Shaq is ridiculous. And he didn't have to play musical teams to do it. And he played in the Western Conference.

Kobe went to 3 NBA finals without Shaq, and won 2 of them. He won his MVP without Shaq. The notion that all of Kobe's accomplishments are because of Shaq is ridiculous. And he didn't have to play musical teams to do it. And he played in the Western Conference.

And Lebron won 3 without Shaq. Point?

Point is people who say Shaq carried Kobe are dumbshiits. He did it without him too. Its the same as people who say Jerry Rice made Joe Montana when he was hoisting the trophy before Rice got there. Also the most compelling part is the western conference. East has been the minor leagues of the nba for a long time. its a slight knock, but a knock still.

Point is people who say Shaq carried Kobe are dumbshiits. He did it without him too. Its the same as people who say Jerry Rice made Joe Montana when he was hoisting the trophy before Rice got there. Also the most compelling part is the western conference. East has been the minor leagues of the nba for a long time. its a slight knock, but a knock still.

Kobe was a great player. Top ten all-time. No one is arguing that. But the amount of rings-thing always carries too much weight.

Kobe was a great player. Top ten all-time. No one is arguing that. But the amount of rings-thing always carries too much weight.

Jim Loscutoff has 7 NBA rings.

'nuff said

I can agree, but for arguments sake the ring are only weighted that way for a primary focus player. Horry has a ton of rings too but was a role player. Its implied that a top option player is the catalyst for the rings and the great ones will their teams to victory. Like Lebron just did.

• Like 1

You've posted a lot of dump posts, but this HAS to be at the top of the heap. Congrats. You should be proud of your stupidity.

I'm the GM of ANY team in the NBA, I have the first pick, Kobe and Lebron are both in their prime and the same age. I pick Lebron without hesitation and anyone in their right mind would do the same. I don't care what the stats say, and they even support my case. I know what my eyes are telling me.

• Like 1

You've posted a lot of dump posts, but this HAS to be at the top of the heap. Congrats. You should be proud of your stupidity.

:clap: You were so badly beat up after Lebron ass raped the Warriors the other night, I thought I'd serve you up a softball. You're welcome. Is your anus feeling any better?

I'm the GM of ANY team in the NBA, I have the first pick, Kobe and Lebron are both in their prime and the same age. I pick Lebron without hesitation and anyone in their right mind would do the same. I don't care what the stats say, they even support my case. I know what my eyes are telling me.

Exactly. What Lebron did in this three game stretch, once they got down 3-1, is the moist amazing thing I've ever witnessed in 40 years of watching the game. The league MVP was on the other team, who happened to be the best regular season team in the history of the league, and Lebron pretty much told them all to step aside because he had a championship to bring to Cleveland. Also, leading every player in points, rebounds, assists, blocks, and steals will never be done again. If Michael Jordan wasn't such an untouchable legend in my mind, I may even question if he could have accomplished any of that.

Exactly. What Lebron did in this three game stretch, once they got down 3-1, is the moist amazing thing I've ever witnessed in 40 years of watching the game. The league MVP was on the other team, who happened to be the best regular season team in the history of the league, and Lebron pretty much told them all to step aside because he had a championship to bring to Cleveland. Also, leading every player in points, rebounds, assists, blocks, and steals will never be done again. If Michael Jordan wasn't such an untouchable legend in my mind, I may even question if he could have accomplished any of that.

I'm sure it made you moist. :lol:

It was a legacy defining moment for sure. No one can come back from 3-1 when you have to win 2 road games vs the best team in the league. Impossible, shouldnt even try it, should have folded in gm6.

It was a legacy defining moment for sure. No one can come back from 3-1 when you have to win 2 road games vs the best team in the league. Impossible, shouldnt even try it, should have folded in gm6.

And that too had never been done before in league history. The block near the end, where he absolutely came out of nowhere, was a better play than any basket he ever had in his career. Golden State wouldn't score again.

:clap: You were so badly beat up after Lebron ass raped the Warriors the other night, I thought I'd serve you up a softball. You're welcome. Is your anus feeling any better?

Don't know how you figure that. I didn't have a dog in that fight. But you're becoming more annoying by the post. So. welcome to my ignore list. First entry so it might be a little lonely.

Don't know how you figure that. I didn't have a dog in that fight. But you're becoming more annoying by the post. So. welcome to my ignore list. First entry so it might be a little lonely.

LOLOL I win. :banana: And you answered the question about your anus. Yup, still sore. :wave:

LOLOL I win. :banana: And you answered the question about your anus. Yup, still sore. :wave:

You have to go easy on him, he is Chinese ( :rolleyes:) , they are more sensetive to our western ways.

You have to go easy on him, he is Chinese ( :rolleyes:) , they are more sensetive to our western ways.

He was such a cocky pussie during the finals. Calling Lebron names that a third grader would be above. LeCheat? Wtf does that even mean? He got absolutely destroyed after Lebron annihilated the Warriors. He literally ran away crying.

He was such a cocky pussie during the finals. Calling Lebron names that a third grader would be above. LeCheat? Wtf does that even mean? He got absolutely destroyed after Lebron annihilated the Warriors. He literally ran away crying.

Oh I know, I was there. I even reamed his Bhole as bad as anyone in that thread. but he licked his wounds and lives to fight another day. Even if it whistles when the wind blows through his legs.

Career averages of a guy who is retired vs. a guy in his prime...

Silly discussion.

Should revisit in 3 or 4 years, there are only so many games in a player's legs. 13 years in, LeBron will hit that wall hard like Kobe did, at 34-35 the drop off will be substantial. For the comparison tho, I will give LeBron this, he was much better out of the gate than Kobe, not even close. Took Kobe a few years to make an impact.

I did say if Bron won a ring this year, I'll say he's on the same level as Kobe. I'll stick with it. I've said it before, you're too much a prisoner of the moment.

Yeah, Kobe had Shaq for 3 and Shaq got the 3 MVPs. As incredibly dominant as Shaq was in the post for those rings, Kobe was as dominant on the perimeter and in the clutch. Remember Shaq couldn't do too much down the stretch because he would just get hacked. Kobe would have to take over those close games.

Every all-time great needed help to get there. Jordan needed Pippen, even though Jordan never relied on anyone in the clutch. LeBron was an absolute force in the finals. However, he would not have won game 5 or game 7 without Kyrie's clutch play. That was Shaq-Kobe-esque. Bron would dominate most of the game, and Kyrie would take over down the stretch. LeBron DID have that block that was one of the biggest plays in NBA Finals history, but he also missed several makeable shots late in the fourth. Kyrie hit the big shot. Just like Ray Allen did for his second ring.

I think he's now on the Kobe/Shaq/Duncan level, which is a level below Bird/Magic/Wilt/Russell. After much thought, I now have Kareem #2. I think he can get to the next level even without another ring. However, I think the highest he can get is 3. Kareem was too much of a monster for too long. And MJ is MJ.

He will NEVER, EVER, EVER be on the same level as MJ. Period. It's disrespectful to both players to argue. It's not fair to Bron. He's created his own great legacy and we should just leave it at that.

Just a point of note.

Phil Jackson

vs.

Mike Brown

Eric Spoelsrta

David Blatt

Tyronne Lue

Just a point of note.

Phil Jackson

vs.

Mike Brown

Eric Spoelsrta