Sign in to follow this  
oldtimer

Treadwell

As I've posted before, I can't identify rookie RB's worth a crap. I'm always wrong about them. WR's, however, I tend to have great luck with. I'm incredibly high on Treadwell's future in the NFL. With a QB who doesn't have a cannon (maybe not even a Glock) for an arm, him being an excellent run blocker, his size and ability to come down with the catch, and his 10 second split time, I think he's going to be a high volume WR, in terms of receptions.

Doctson is my favorite receiver in this class, or was, but Treadwell is making a case (to me) that he's deserving of much more respect than he's currently getting.

Where do you have him ranked in this rookie class? Hope or hype?

My guess is in two years, he's at the Jarvis Landry level, but with more targets. I like guys who fit in the system they were drafted for, and knowing Turner's offense, and how much they will rely on Peterson, plus one WR, he's a great fit.

I like Doctson more .

And I like the situation more for Doctson .

Doctson will end up taking Garcon's job before this season is over. I think he's going to be a stud. Those two are neck and neck, in my opinion. If I had the 2nd and 3rd picks in a rookie draft, it would be Doctson and Treadwell. Coleman isn't bad either, but I worry about his ability to run NFL routes and also about anyone in Cleveland in general.

Doctson will end up taking Garcon's job before this season is over. I think he's going to be a stud. Those two are neck and neck, in my opinion. If I had the 2nd and 3rd picks in a rookie draft, it would be Doctson and Treadwell. Coleman isn't bad either, but I worry about his ability to run NFL routes and also about anyone in Cleveland in general.

I also think he will be a stud.

I do question the guy tossing the ball to him somewhat, but top WR's seem to put up numbers regardless of who the QB is.

He should be no different. but it may take a full year for him to get to that point.

I dont think you give Garcon enough credit. I like Doctson a lot as a talent, but there is just no way I believe he will out play Garcon. I have watched him a lot over the years and the dude is a true professional who does everything a reciver should. His qb just isnt all that good at throwing down field.

• Like 1

I dont think you give Garcon enough credit. I like Doctson a lot as a talent, but there is just no way I believe he will out play Garcon. I have watched him a lot over the years and the dude is a true professional who does everything a reciver should. His qb just isnt all that good at throwing down field.

This wasn't a knock on Garcon. I like him quite a bit. It's more that Garcon will not be in Washington next season and I'm sure Gruden will not keep his first round pick on the bench all season. He is absolutely a true professional and he's put up with a lot of crap in Washington (coaching changes, scheme changes, etc.), but when a guy is in his last season with a team and they draft a WR in Round One, I don't see them keeping him seated all season. I could see Doctson splitting time between DeSean and Garcon as well, but it's hard to sit DeSean's speed and I don't think his is the position they drafted him to fill. You are correct though. Garcon is a class act.

Agree I like Garçon also .

It does seem like this is going to be his last season in Washington.

I think as the season progresses that Doctson will be more and more involved .

I dont like any of the wrs in washington really. Will take a flier on the rookie but thats it.

I had 1.02 and 1.03 and took Doctson and Treadwell. Not counting on too much from either this year, but next year...

• Like 1

I would say they are 1 and 2 rookie WRs but I can't say which is which. I believe Doctson is in the better place and Treadwell is the more talented. I think they will both turn into solid fantasy WRs. I don't know that either will be a top notch WR1 but both should be solid WR2 in a couple of seasons if not before.

I had 1.02 and 1.03 and took Doctson and Treadwell. Not counting on too much from either this year, but next year...

I agree.

That being said both the starters in WAS are getting older. It wouldnt surprise me if one of them gets hurt and Doctson gets a shot.

Either way, I see a lot of 3 WR packages in Washingtons future.

I can't predict anyone getting hurt , but even if neither one of them get hurt Doctson is going to get a lot of work .

I can't predict anyone getting hurt , but even if neither one of them get hurt Doctson is going to get a lot of work .

Don't forget Treadwell has already had a pretty nasty injury in college.

Doctson is my favorite receiver in this class, or was, but Treadwell is making a case (to me) that he's deserving of much more respect than he's currently getting.

My guess is in two years, he's at the Jarvis Landry level, but with more targets. I like guys who fit in the system they were drafted for, and knowing Turner's offense, and how much they will rely on Peterson, plus one WR, he's a great fit.

If my memory is serving me correctly.

Treadwell was spoken of as more of a possession type guy.

With this, I expect his value to be greatest in the red zone as another such receiver to go with Rudolph. Others red zone numbers won't drop, assuming defense is as good/better than last year. Even with harder schedule. I don't see him splitting tds, but increasing.

My hope is for a 50 yds 0.5 td per game kind of season for a rookie. This in a scenario where Bridgewater throws for 25 tds. Improvement over previous 2 seasons where he is about 16.

Peterson, imo, will continue his touches per game. Perhaps a slight dip in carries, slight increase in receptions. He typically catches 2 per game. Last year he was 30/36. He goes 48/60 targets. He still would be rushing for 300 attempts. Also Peterson typically doesn't score passing TD. If he does, it is from outside the 20.

Compared with other Rookier WR. I am not certain.

Today I expect the E from the Big D to have more impact this season as a RB.

If my memory is serving me correctly.

Treadwell was spoken of as more of a possession type guy.

With this, I expect his value to be greatest in the red zone as another such receiver to go with Rudolph. Others red zone numbers won't drop, assuming defense is as good/better than last year. Even with harder schedule. I don't see him splitting tds, but increasing.

My hope is for a 50 yds 0.5 td per game kind of season for a rookie. This in a scenario where Bridgewater throws for 25 tds. Improvement over previous 2 seasons where he is about 16.

Peterson, imo, will continue his touches per game. Perhaps a slight dip in carries, slight increase in receptions. He typically catches 2 per game. Last year he was 30/36. He goes 48/60 targets. He still would be rushing for 300 attempts. Also Peterson typically doesn't score passing TD. If he does, it is from outside the 20.

Compared with other Rookier WR. I am not certain.

Today I expect the E from the Big D to have more impact this season as a RB.

He was used in other ways, but looking at his scouting report, it looks like many talent evaluators feel he will make a very good possession receiver at the NFL level.

Likely to start in the slot.

I think there is the potential for him to evolve into a Crabtree type player (with better hands)

Of course there are no guarantees, but in the short run, I think he will have a productive rookie season in the slot.

One other thing to consider.

I know the knock on this guy is that he doesnt have top end speed.

40 times are helpful, but not the be all and the end all. These are times that you get just running.

But running with a football in your hand and running in anything other than a straight line can provide different times. so some guys who run a 4.4 40 may actually play considerably slower than the timed speed because on the field, you are rarely running a perfectly straight line.

This goes for DB's too.

The one thing I noticed in one or two scouting reports that I noticed is that he can snatch the ball out of the air without slowing down even if its not fully on target. This is actually a bit unusual, so I'd be inclined to say that his playing speed may be faster than the playing speed of many who have faster times.

Just food for your thoughts.