Sign in to follow this  
weepaws

Roto news

Roto reported that C Johnson could start the season as the number one Rb with Zona .

And looks like a 1a 1b situation.

This is going to be the case going forward on many teams .

Roto reported that C Johnson could start the season as the number one Rb with Zona .

And looks like a 1a 1b situation.

This is going to be the case going forward on many teams .

That was a reference to a prediction article from ESPN. Not an announcement from the team or anything close. Not saying its out of the question (it is but im humoring), but the only official word from the team has been the coach saying "DJ is the bell cow". Lots of coaches will be saying lots of things in the coming months, like CJ Spiller will run til he pukes.

That was a reference to a prediction article from ESPN. Not an announcement from the team or anything close. Not saying its out of the question (it is but im humoring), but the only official word from the team has been the coach saying "DJ is the bell cow". Lots of coaches will be saying lots of things in the coming months, like CJ Spiller will run til he pukes.

Yea I read that Arians said D Johnson was the number one guy also .

But I do find this interesting at this time .

Something else to think about as the preseason approaches.

Click bait. Ya just can't trust roto on much other than injuries.

Dont pin that on roto, they are just a news compiler that gathers blurbs from many sources. I love that I have a place to get the latest news, regardless of source, very soon after it breaks.

Im not saying this is you, but alot of people read the roto blurbs thinking that they are the ones reporting. Every blurb cites its source, they are just putting it all in a nice neat stack.

Best one ever:

Giants RB Andre Williams lost 10 pounds this offseason.

He now checks in at 220 pounds. The lost weight should allow him to slam into the backs of his blockers with more velocity. May 23 - 6:38 PM

This was not a report based on anything of substance. It was a recap from an ESPN prediction piece, no different than the bold prediction thread on this bored.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15794943/100-nfl-predictions-frame-2016-season-tom-brady-ryan-fitzpatrick-eddie-lacy-jj-watt-von-miller

Depends how you define substance. This was a prediction from a Cards team reporter who spends time around the team who is presumably making the prediction based on his own observations. It has a bit more substance than a prediction coming from you or I.

At the same time would it be beyond BA to plant a little something to see that DJ is fully motivated? Or CJ fully engaged?

But even as a DJ dynasty owner myself, I have doubts about DJs ability to run the ball well inside which I believe showed up in the latter half of the year when there weren't truck sized holes to run through. It honestly would not shock me if they rode CJ on 1st and 2nd down to start the year. Give DJ maybe every 3rd series to himself and all the 3rd down hurry up which is plenty of PPR work anyway........enough to be a low RB1 high RB2 in FF and keep him fresh for the playoff run in real life. Anything less than SB will be disappointing for the Cards organization this year, could make sense as a big picture move.

That's a good point , the knock that was labeled on D Johnson was his lack of ablity to run inside .

There could be more to this story .

But more will come out soon .

Depends how you define substance. This was a prediction from a Cards team reporter who spends time around the team who is presumably making the prediction based on his own observations. It has a bit more substance than a prediction coming from you or I.

At the same time would it be beyond BA to plant a little something to see that DJ is fully motivated? Or CJ fully engaged?

But even as a DJ dynasty owner myself, I have doubts about DJs ability to run the ball well inside which I believe showed up in the latter half of the year when there weren't truck sized holes to run through. It honestly would not shock me if they rode CJ on 1st and 2nd down to start the year. Give DJ maybe every 3rd series to himself and all the 3rd down hurry up which is plenty of PPR work anyway........enough to be a low RB1 high RB2 in FF and keep him fresh for the playoff run in real life. Anything less than SB will be disappointing for the Cards organization this year, could make sense as a big picture move.

I define substance by the results on the field. It's light OTA's right now. He, along with every other beat writer, is entitled to their opinionated pieces during the slow news time, but that's all this is...nothing more than an opinion based on no hard facts.

His prediction, along the majority of them on that page, are throwing proverbial poo at the wall and hoping it sticks. I mean you have Tania Ganguli making predictions about the Tennessee Titans running back situation. She's a Texans' beat writer. I'd much rather hear Jim Wyatt's predictions for the Titans if I'm going to entertain useless drivel.

I personally haven't fully bought into the hype that some have for David Johnson throughout the offseason. As has been alluded to, his running between the tackles is suspect. I figured CJ would be brought back on a team friendly deal, so it's not a surprise to me that at some point he'll get carries. But taking over the starting role? I just don't see him getting the majority of the snaps nor the carries. I'd be happy though if the fears of it lowered his ADP around August though.

I am surprised you still have DJohnson on your roster with all the doubt you have in him. Surely someone in your league will give you an actual running back you can trust in return.

I am surprised you still have DJohnson on your roster with all the doubt you have in him. Surely someone in your league will give you an actual running back you can trust in return.

I had him for sale in my trade bait most of the off-season...... but no, nobody would or did.

To be fair there are not many RBs I feel good about trusting. I have a enough guys already I feel good about to make trading DJ sensible. I can make do with Doug Martin, Freeman, McCoy, and Gore. A young WR1 would have done it for sure but alas no offers.

As far as roto news goes, you have to take it with a grain of salt.

some of the news is written to generate hits on the website-not to be accurate and useful.

some stuff is useful there, I dont deny that, but you cant just blindly trust everything you read there. I like to look for multiple sources and I check out the boards (fftoday is one of them) as quite often the readers will separate the garbage from the good.

on the boards I like a good debate on a thorny issue because one way or another all the info gets pulled out sooner or later so that we can all make our decisions using all the info.

Trust me when I say, many of you on here know more than lots of the people who post articles on Roto.

As far as roto news goes, you have to take it with a grain of salt.

some of the news is written to generate hits on the website-not to be accurate and useful.

No. Again...they dont make the news, they compile blurbs from other sources. Espn, twitter, beat writers, the list goes on. Its no Roto making up headlines going "OMG what he does next will amaze you!". They compile the news from around the nfl world.

Roto is a good quick look at sports news from around the world of sports .

Just reporting what they hear .

Tan, roto manufactures the headlines and adds their own spin to the blurbs. Ya they aggregate news from many sources, but they sensationalize much to drive clicks. The Chris Johnson taking DJs job blurb yesterday being a great example.

Tan, roto manufactures the headlines and adds their own spin to the blurbs. Ya they aggregate news from many sources, but they sensationalize much to drive clicks. The Chris Johnson taking DJs job blurb yesterday being a great example.

Ok so? By adding their spin thats their personal take, they include it after the story. No one holds a gun to your head and says thats the word of the almighty. They report the news prompty and thouroughly, giving you takes on even obscure players no one else would ever mention. Weepaws summed it up well, "Its a quick look at news around the sport and they just report what they hear."

Im sick of having to defend Roto. They are the best source of nfl news anywhere, giving me all the info from around the whole league across many sources. In season its the single most important app on my phone. If Antonio Brown farts too loudly there is a blurb about it 30 seconds later. A guy gets hurt or there is speculation about something and boom, I know about it without having to hunt.

• Like 1

Ok so? By adding their spin thats their personal take, they include it after the story. No one holds a gun to your head and says thats the word of the almighty. They report the news prompty and thouroughly, giving you takes on even obscure players no one else would ever mention. Weepaws summed it up well, "Its a quick look at news around the sport and they just report what they hear."

Im sick of having to defend Roto. They are the best source of nfl news anywhere, giving me all the info from around the whole league across many sources. In season its the single most important app on my phone. If Antonio Brown farts too loudly there is a blurb about it 30 seconds later. A guy gets hurt or there is speculation about something and boom, I know about it without having to hunt.

in terms of reporting facts. I agree. pretty good. and pretty quick.

but the opinion pieces are just that.... opinions. and some are definitely written to get people to click on the article and generate that web traffic that drives advertisers to pay them money.

but when reading any article, you have to scrutinize the info and opinions presented because the logic and rationale behind them arent always apparent. This is the era of instant information, and when info comes out super fast, sometimes you have to question how well thought out the comment is.

its like looking on the boards here. some people provide a rationale for why they feel the way they do. some will just go out and say-(insert player name here) sucks. hes gonna be off the team by year end. then you look at it and ask yourself... what is this based on? there is nothing here to validate the opinion.

any article whether it be roto or someone else should be providing their rationale or facts to support any opinions they have. and many out there just dont provide that.

so read carefully.

• Like 1

Best one ever:

Giants RB Andre Williams lost 10 pounds this offseason.

He now checks in at 220 pounds. The lost weight should allow him to slam into the backs of his blockers with more velocity. May 23 - 6:38 PM

Hahaha that's fantastic

Just read on Roto , that C Michael could be a roster cut .

Now this is interesting because , I keep reading that the team isn't sure that Rawls will be ready when the season starts .

So this must mean Rawls is moving on faster than the team is reporting ?

Now this is interesting because , I keep reading that the team isn't sure that Rawls will be ready when the season starts .

Its from espn and the reporter says he potentially could be on the bubble, as per his usual. He could also start the season as the early down guy just as easily depending on Rawls whos status is completely unknown right now. Its just speculation, like pretty much everything right now that doesnt come directly from the teams.

I think they will keep CMike around this time, unless they sign a dif guy for some reason. I have high hopes for Rawls and wont worry for a couple months about his injury. But its def worth keeping an eye on.

ESPN Seahawks reporter Sheil Kapadia believes Christine Michael could be on the roster bubble.

As has been the case his entire career, Michael probably has the widest range of outcomes among running backs this season. With Thomas Rawls' (ankle) status completely up in the air, it is not out of the question Michael opens the season as the starter after showing well down the stretch last year. It is also not crazy to think he loses his roster spot to the three rookies Seattle added in the draft. Ultimately, we would expect Michael to stick around and have a role, but it is not a given.

Yea I would agree , that he does stay on and that Rawls should be ready to roll .

But with that said in ppr I'm going to raise up my value on CJ Prosise just a little .

I define substance by the results on the field. It's light OTA's right now. He, along with every other beat writer, is entitled to their opinionated pieces during the slow news time, but that's all this is...nothing more than an opinion based on no hard facts.

His prediction, along the majority of them on that page, are throwing proverbial poo at the wall and hoping it sticks. I mean you have Tania Ganguli making predictions about the Tennessee Titans running back situation. She's a Texans' beat writer. I'd much rather hear Jim Wyatt's predictions for the Titans if I'm going to entertain useless drivel.

I personally haven't fully bought into the hype that some have for David Johnson throughout the offseason. As has been alluded to, his running between the tackles is suspect. I figured CJ would be brought back on a team friendly deal, so it's not a surprise to me that at some point he'll get carries. But taking over the starting role? I just don't see him getting the majority of the snaps nor the carries. I'd be happy though if the fears of it lowered his ADP around August though.

It seems to me that you have the Johnsons confused. I watched David play very well with a better ypc average than Chris, and that was with all of the extra short yardage/goal line work. Chris is one of the laziest runners I have ever seen. He could have, should have been great, but he just relied on his speed to take him through open holes. I think your anaylsis is way off on this one.

It doesnt make sense to take a teams biggest/best overall running back who has the ability to catch like a receiver, and just use him on third down, since it's probably a passing situation. If david is in on first or second the defense has to respect him running and receiving. Plus he can be motioned out into the slot. Chris is not the most fluid pass catcher.

Now you say young receiver, I wonder who you would consider an even 1 for 1. Or more like which receivers you would trade Djohnson for 1 for 1. I know thats prob more info you want to give out to us leaguemates, but it would put your position into a better frame

Sorry to turn this into a DJ thread but small sidenote here..I personally have DJ as my top RB and top overall player as well, with all respect to AB or any other RB you like. Its a stance that is pretty uncommon, but others do share, including this very website (at rb at least). I just see a 3 down td machine with backups to keep him fresh on a great offense. I see similar to Leveon Bells excellent sophomore season happening. If you remember, anyone who talked up Bell then was ridiculed and he was a 3rd rounder with Blount supposedly the bruiser in pitt.

It could mean a dozen things, including they don't have any faith in Michael. Why does it HAVE to mean Rawls is anything?

By the way, did anyway hear that Antonio Brown has a problem with gas this off-season. The word is uncontrollable flatulence from several sources.

It could mean a dozen things, including they don't have any faith in Michael. Why does it HAVE to mean Rawls is anything?

By the way, did anyway hear that Antonio Brown has a problem with gas this off-season. The word is uncontrollable flatulence from several sources.

Only reason why it might mean news about Rawls is that there have been reports from the Seahawks are not sure if he will even be ready to start the season .

I find it interesting that if the team is unsure if there rb will be ready to start the season that this news comes out that they might let Michael go .

So I find it interesting because I would like to know where Rawls status is based on his ability to start out the season .

Specifically Rawls: if he's ready by week one then he'll be rusty and I'd expect the others to contribute. Around week 3 or 4 he should be up to speed though, so if he's back to form he'll likely take over. The worry is that someone else will show enough to remain in the conversation going forward.

It seems to me that you have the Johnsons confused. I watched David play very well with a better ypc average than Chris, and that was with all of the extra short yardage/goal line work. Chris is one of the laziest runners I have ever seen. He could have, should have been great, but he just relied on his speed to take him through open holes. I think your anaylsis is way off on this one.

It doesnt make sense to take a teams biggest/best overall running back who has the ability to catch like a receiver, and just use him on third down, since it's probably a passing situation. If david is in on first or second the defense has to respect him running and receiving. Plus he can be motioned out into the slot. Chris is not the most fluid pass catcher.

Now you say young receiver, I wonder who you would consider an even 1 for 1. Or more like which receivers you would trade Djohnson for 1 for 1. I know thats prob more info you want to give out to us leaguemates, but it would put your position into a better frame

I meant to quote Les here btw, not giraldi

Flatulence? Yep, Roto had it in a post. Apparently the team is not happy with the situation. Roto will update you as this story develops.

You are reading a lot into my comments that I did not intend to imply. I'm not sure its even possible for most to understand where the Cards beat writer is coming from with a prediction such as the one he made. While I also don't know exactly what he meant, I could see how his comments fit with several observations I have made myself. None of those observations lead me to believe that Chris Johnson is a better RB at this point in his career than David Johnson. If that's what your take is from reading my comments, I did a poor job of communicating. Its also possible you are a little sensitive due to comments I have made here or elsewhere about DJ in the off-season. I'll try to do a better job of fully laying out my thoughts regarding the prediction.

1) There are very few if any RBs in the NFL who can take a full load all season long, let alone the full season along with a full post-season run. The Cards have Super Bowl plans, not hopes mind you, plans, anything less is going to be a disappointment. So they are going to be playing this year with the end game in mind. Having their best RB fully fresh in Weeks 19, 20, and 21 is going to come at the cost of missing some early season downs along the way, don't you think? Better fresh at the end than worn down. Don't forget they play in one of....... if not the....... most rugged divisions in football.

2) If we can agree David Johnson can't play every down of every game for 21 weeks, then what would be the best situations for the team to have him out of the game? They could pull him on 3rd downs and put in Ellington who is a very good receiver, maybe it turns out that way, I don't know....... but that is also where David Johnson is the biggest mismatch on defenders. To me what the beat writer is saying is logical in the sense that I believe DJ isn't yet..... if he ever will be a good inside runner........... and CJ can do a passable job on 1st and 2nd downs. Again, the kid can't play every down and it seems in the big picture it could be good idea if he were healthy and fresh from mid-season on.......someone has to take some downs somewhere.........giving "lazy CJ" the notion that he could be the lead dog, if only in name, and if only for as long as he holds up, might actually do the trick to help keep him motivated, who knows? Or maybe it motivates DJ to become something I don't think he is right now. Whatever the case, I'm not entirely sure the comments weren't planted by B.A. in the 1st place for reasons only he would know and I am guessing about.

As for asking for my public proclamation of how I value DJ, yeah that is asking quite a lot. Its also almost meaningless to anyone here who isn't famaliar with the format, settings, and my roster so its pretty pointless. In the interest of free advertising though I will say I left his name in my trade bait through the rookie draft.......I would have traded him for Elliott in a heartbeat and still will............ so Bonk if you are reading this and you have the itch........

If it had come down to it I probably would have traded him for Coleman. I would have tried and expected to get more, but in the end I may have relented. I had reason to believe there was a good chance Coleman would make it to me at 1.04 and I was right so there was no need. I would have traded him for Doctson, if Doctson had what I consider a better landing spot.

Guys won't understand the valuations because of the format, but a key reason for wanting young guys is they fit on a taxi squad. Because of the injury to McCoy and total breakdown of Indy hurting Gore I promoted DJ from taxi last year in an effort to lock down the title. It worked.......but now his contract is tolling. I have 4 other RBs I'm comfy with and I have 5 WRs in the top 15 rostered plus Decker. So a quality guy I can put back on the taxi is more valuable to me than DJ.

All moot, the point I was making is nobody offered...anything to my recollection........ and its a strong trading league as you know. I probably got upwards of 15 offers this off-season, none that included DJ. I think the guys that love him are fervent, but those may not be in as great of supply as it would appear from ADP.

You are reading a lot into my comments that I did not intend to imply. I'm not sure its even possible for most to understand where the Cards beat writer is coming from with a prediction such as the one he made. While I also don't know exactly what he meant, I could see how his comments fit with several observations I have made myself. None of those observations lead me to believe that Chris Johnson is a better RB at this point in his career than David Johnson. If that's what your take is from reading my comments, I did a poor job of communicating. Its also possible you are a little sensitive due to comments I have made here or elsewhere about DJ in the off-season. I'll try to do a better job of fully laying out my thoughts regarding the prediction.

1) There are very few if any RBs in the NFL who can take a full load all season long, let alone the full season along with a full post-season run. The Cards have Super Bowl plans, not hopes mind you, plans, anything less is going to be a disappointment. So they are going to be playing this year with the end game in mind. Having their best RB fully fresh in Weeks 19, 20, and 21 is going to come at the cost of missing some early season downs along the way, don't you think? Better fresh at the end than worn down. Don't forget they play in one of....... if not the....... most rugged divisions in football.

2) If we can agree David Johnson can't play every down of every game for 21 weeks, then what would be the best situations for the team to have him out of the game? They could pull him on 3rd downs and put in Ellington who is a very good receiver, maybe it turns out that way, I don't know....... but that is also where David Johnson is the biggest mismatch on defenders. To me what the beat writer is saying is logical in the sense that I believe DJ isn't yet..... if he ever will be a good inside runner........... and CJ can do a passable job on 1st and 2nd downs. Again, the kid can't play every down and it seems in the big picture it could be good idea if he were healthy and fresh from mid-season on.......someone has to take some downs somewhere.........giving "lazy CJ" the notion that he could be the lead dog, if only in name, and if only for as long as he holds up, might actually do the trick to help keep him motivated, who knows? Or maybe it motivates DJ to become something I don't think he is right now. Whatever the case, I'm not entirely sure the comments weren't planted by B.A. in the 1st place for reasons only he would know and I am guessing about.

As for asking for my public proclamation of how I value DJ, yeah that is asking quite a lot. Its also almost meaningless to anyone here who isn't famaliar with the format, settings, and my roster so its pretty pointless. In the interest of free advertising though I will say I left his name in my trade bait through the rookie draft.......I would have traded him for Elliott in a heartbeat and still will............ so Bonk if you are reading this and you have the itch........

If it had come down to it I probably would have traded him for Coleman. I would have tried and expected to get more, but in the end I may have relented. I had reason to believe there was a good chance Coleman would make it to me at 1.04 and I was right so there was no need. I would have traded him for Doctson, if Doctson had what I consider a better landing spot.

Guys won't understand the valuations because of the format, but a key reason for wanting young guys is they fit on a taxi squad. Because of the injury to McCoy and total breakdown of Indy hurting Gore I promoted DJ from taxi last year in an effort to lock down the title. It worked.......but now his contract is tolling. I have 4 other RBs I'm comfy with and I have 5 WRs in the top 15 rostered plus Decker. So a quality guy I can put back on the taxi is more valuable to me than DJ.

All moot, the point I was making is nobody offered...anything to my recollection........ and its a strong trading league as you know. I probably got upwards of 15 offers this off-season, none that included DJ. I think the guys that love him are fervent, but those may not be in as great of supply as it would appear from ADP.

Well, I, for one, actually believe in letting the rookie earn his playing time.

Let's say for example a top talent at RB is just drafted and ready to go. But his blocking is sub par and maybe he has one other hole in his game.

if you give him the starting job right away, and he has a few huge games running the ball, that player is gonna think he can get by without fixing those faults in his game and because he had those huge games and hes the media darling, he becomes harder to coach. Maybe even uncoachable.

so if you have a starter who is good enough, the smart move is to play him, and if that rookie is a competitive guy (you hope that he is) it will force the rookie to learn, and show he can pick up the blitz, run inside, or catch passes (or whatever). Then you have a complete player.

you throw him into the starting role early, you may never get this.

• Like 1

Not sensitive at all. I think the prediction by the writer is absurd. You said you thought Djohns inside running ability is shaky when he doesnt have huge holes, thus it wouldnt surprise you if Chris is taking 1st and 2nd downs. I can only take that as you believe Chris may be better at running inside. Chris had 7 games of below 4.0 ypc, including poor running defenses like Chicago and NO. So I dont know where people get the logic that Chris is in any way better than David. People have an oddly selective memory with Chris. I just think this situation is pretty clear.

Again, not sensitive. This is just a situation I am pretty familiar with so I am giving my point of view.

Not sensitive at all. I think the prediction by the writer is absurd. You said you thought Djohns inside running ability is shaky when he doesnt have huge holes, thus it wouldnt surprise you if Chris is taking 1st and 2nd downs. I can only take that as you believe Chris may be better at running inside. Chris had 7 games of below 4.0 ypc, including poor running defenses like Chicago and NO. So I dont know where people get the logic that Chris is in any way better than David. People have an oddly selective memory with Chris. I just think this situation is pretty clear.

Again, not sensitive. This is just a situation I am pretty familiar with so I am giving my point of view.

Spelling David, the starter, is different than being the typical go to guy on 1st and 2nd

What we have here is a failure to communicate. You do not need to take it as I think CJ is better and I have tried to say so in the best way I know how.

And spelling DJ is not necessarily different than what I described. Its unconventional in the order, but it achieves the same purpose. If you want to tell CJ he's the backup go ahead and do so, maybe it works for you, but its also possible he stays more engaged and the rook more motivated the way I described while achieving the same purpose. If CJ is costing them games, it obviously wouldn't work and he won't be on the field. If not, I'm pretty sure it lengthens DJs effectiveness throughout the year and his career for that matter. Nobody is going to care except those who draft DJ in the first round of fantasy drafts this year if he is only a mid -low RB1 for the 1st half of the season, certainly not B.A., who would tell those who care about that to go take a flying f@#$.

This whole conversation started because of pure speculation about why a beat writer would say something along those lines. I can see it......the reasons why one might. I'm not arguing it would be the best course. I'm not arguing it will play out that way either, but I could see it.

I don't have the time or the inclination but go check on DJ's YPC the last few games of the year. Perhaps I am mis-remembering but it seemed to me once teams realized he could punish a crease and they locked down instead of playing pass he had a hard time moving the chains. I am in Arizona and I watched most all of the Cards games.

What we have here is a failure to communicate. You do not need to take it as I think CJ is better and I have tried to say so in the best way I know how.

And spelling DJ is not necessarily different than what I described. Its unconventional in the order, but it achieves the same purpose. If you want to tell CJ he's the backup go ahead and do so, maybe it works for you, but its also possible he stays more engaged and the rook more motivated the way I described while achieving the same purpose. If CJ is costing them games, it obviously wouldn't work and he won't be on the field. If not, I'm pretty sure it lengthens DJs effectiveness throughout the year and his career for that matter. Nobody is going to care except those who draft DJ in the first round of fantasy drafts this year if he is only a mid -low RB1 for the 1st half of the season, certainly not B.A., who would tell those who care about that to go take a flying f@#$.

This whole conversation started because of pure speculation about why a beat writer would say something along those lines. I can see it......the reasons why one might. I'm not arguing it would be the best course. I'm not arguing it will play out that way either, but I could see it.

I don't have the time or the inclination but go check on DJ's YPC the last few games of the year. Perhaps I am mis-remembering but it seemed to me once teams realized he could punish a crease and they locked down instead of playing pass he had a hard time moving the chains. I am in Arizona and I watched most all of the Cards games.

GB 4.3

SEA 2.2

GB 2.7

CAR 4.0

Green Bays defense was playing better at the end of the year. Seattle shut down AP to the tune of 2.2 ypc in their playoff game. GB again who they had just played. Then a solid 4.3 against a good Carolina D.

The Cardinals do not have a good offensive line. David really didnt have much room to run in any of those games. So yes peoples memories seem to be a little foggy when it comes to those games.

No they should not run David into the ground. I agree. But David is a harder worker, more versitile and just better at everything at this point most likely. It would be a slap in the face for the team to tell Chris he is the starter just to keep him more interested.

Edit: oh and I understand you arenr saying he is better after your clarification. I was just pointing out it sounded like thats what you had originally said.

David Johnson will get 60%of the work load , than Chris Johnson getting 30% and Ellington getting 10% .

That hurts my ranking of D Johnson being in the top five .

David Johnson will get 60%of the work load , than Chris Johnson getting 30% and Ellington getting 10% .

Didn't realize work load predictions were set in stone in June. Crazy. Anyway I am fine with it. He will catch enough passes to make taking him well worth it. I don't want the team running him into the ground.

I haven't been as big on D Johnson as many have for this exact reason. I'm not saying he's a bust or anything, far from it, but he just had a string of good games and is far from a sure thing. He has a lot of competition for touches. I fully expect him to be a solid starting fantasy RB but I'm not sold on top 5 and certainly not #1 just yet. In fact his stock is sky high right now. He's a good sale high candidate.

Thanks Miss Cleo, how bout the lotto numbers? I say he gets the normal workload of a featured rb, 250-280 carries. Funny I saw last year AP was the only RB to hit 300 carries! Next closest was DMart at 288! It really is getting harder and harder to rank RBs in the top 5 overall though..At their position sure, but overall is getting dicey.

I haven't been as big on D Johnson as many have for this exact reason. I'm not saying he's a bust or anything, far from it, but he just had a string of good games and is far from a sure thing. He has a lot of competition for touches. I fully expect him to be a solid starting fantasy RB but I'm not sold on top 5 and certainly not #1 just yet. In fact his stock is sky high right now. He's a good sale high candidate.

Starting to think your way when C Johnson was brought back into the fold .