Sign in to follow this  
BufordT

The Thread of Facts

Everyone around here has opinions and opinions are like a$$..... well never mind. Not sure how this will fly around here but I've decided to start a thread full of "facts". Almost tried last year but got lazy. The more facts at our disposal the more genius some of us genius' will be. I'll start....

Devonte Freeman last year: Weeks 1-6 averaged .95 ff pts per touch. ROY .5pts/touch.

Adrian Peterson averaged .67pts/touch for the whole season.

Looking forward to more contributions.

• Like 1

Antone Smith averaged like 1 TD every 5th touch and cant get in on offense for any team in the NFL. Ghey

Good one. Now I know to stay away from Smith this year. :D

Devonte Freeman led the world of fantasy with 248 pts last year (standard scoring). The least amount points by the top RB in at least 16+ years (fftoday only goes back to the 2000).

248 points would've landed him in the top 3 only once since that time.

• Like 1

Devonte Freeman led the world of fantasy with 248 pts last year (standard scoring). The least amount points by the top RB in at least 16+ years (fftoday only goes back to the 2000).

That is a really eye opening fact.

very surprising . Thanks

There's no such thing as God

There is such a thing as the fantasy gods tho, and they are cruel and spiteful. Always watching and always listening. They are not happy with the sudden shift towards wrs this year and AB going first overall. Expect swift and harsh punishment.

Jeremy Hill has the most rushing touchdowns in the past 2 seasons combined. He has 20...... Next closet person is Lamar Miller with 16

• Like 2

link? good luck proving that as a fact.

Link proving the Flying Spaghetti Monster isnt the real God? Or that I am God?

Wow at Hill having the most Rush tds. RB has really fallen off as of late. Maybe things swing the other way this year now that everyone is all over wrs?

Wasn't expecting a thread derailment attempt from a solid poster. This thread ain't gonna make it....

Last year, Delanie Walker led all TE's with 133 targets and 94 receptions. Only 6 TD's though

• Like 1

What came first, the chicken or the egg?

I think trying to prove their isn't a god is about just as hard as trying to prove their is one.

Insecure internet guy starts God debate.

• Like 1

The dictionary disagrees with you. /thread

• Like 1

Jamaal Charles was on pace for 269 points (standard scoring).
  • Like 1

Michael Crabtree had two fewer targets than Mike Evans on the season

Only 25 players had 1,000 or more receiving yards last season. Four tight ends surpassed 1,000 yards receiving: Gronk, Olsen, Walker, and Barnidge. Of those tight ends, only Walker had more than 80 targets catches (oops).

Eric Decker had the most red zone targets inside the 10 yard line of any player in the NFL (16)

Of the 8 players that had 20+ rushing attempts inside the 10 yard line, two played for the Carolina Panthers (J-Stew & Cam)

Last season was only the second time in his career that DeAngelo Williams rushed for double-digit touchdowns

Seven of the top 10 kickers last season on a per game basis were on playoff teams.

• Like 1

Eric Decker had the most red zone targets inside the 10 yard line of any player in the NFL (16)

Of the 16 targets he caught 9 of them for 7 TD's.

Larry Fitz and Allen Robinson caught 8 TD's inside the 10.

This will be Allen Robinson's 3rd year in the league.

• Like 1

Wasn't expecting a thread derailment attempt from a solid poster. This thread ain't gonna make it....

Last year, Delanie Walker led all TE's with 133 targets and 94 receptions. Only 6 TD's though

I have Walker ranked second to Gronk at the te postion .

I do think that the signings of both D Murray who has been a proven force in the passing game and R Matthews could steal some of his targets.

28 different quarterbacks threw a pick-six last season

Julio Jones had 27 fewer targets than EVERY Titans wide receiver last season combined

Only 30 running backs had more than 150 rushing attempts

Of the running backs that rushed for over 1,000 yards (AP, Martin, Gurley, DMC, Ivory, Murray, Freeman), only Gurley had fewer than 30 receptions or 30 targets.

Latavius Murray had 70.2% of the Raiders rushing attempts inside the 20 yard line and 84% of the rushing attempts inside the 10.

Only one of Devonta Freeman's touchdown rushes came outside of the red zone. 9 of them were inside the 10.

• Like 1

Jeremy Hill has the most rushing touchdowns in the past 2 seasons combined. He has 20...... Next closet person is Lamar Miller with 16

On a related note, 4 RBs lead the league with 11 rushing TDs last year. The last people to lead the league with that few? Johnny Hector and Charles White, in the shortened 1987 season. Before that? Marcus Allen in the shortened 1982 season. And prior to that? Tom Sullivan in 1974, when they were still playing 14 game seasons.

Final 8 games of 2015 for Kirk Cousins

6-2

73.6 Comp %

2212 Yds

19 TDs

2 INTs

126.1 QB Rating

3 Rush TDs.

• Like 1

6-2

73.6 Comp %

2212 Yds

19 TDs

2 INTs

126.1 QB Rating

3 Rush TDs.

Won me the championship. People don't believe me when I say that.

• Like 1

Facts are great, but the opinions and insights based on those facts are really what FF is all about. As they say, past performance does not guarantee future results. Otherwise, we'd just hand the championship trophy to the best on-paper team right after the draft.

• Like 1

I remember two years ago when I proposed Brandon Marshall as the #1 ppr receiver because of his unbelievable consistency. Then of course he tweaked his ankle and wasnt very good besides that 3 TD game against the Jets. Then I swore him off last year.... Fvck you fantasy football and all of your stupid trends.

6-2

73.6 Comp %

2212 Yds

19 TDs

2 INTs

126.1 QB Rating

3 Rush TDs.

Excellent. Sort of reminds me of Nick Foles.

Beckham Jr. scored the second-most fantasy points (427.30) in his first two seasons among wide receivers in the Super Bowl era, behind only Moss (449.40).

Odell Beckham Jr. set the NFL record for most receiving yards in his first two seasons with 2,755 breaking the record previously held by Randy Moss.

OBJ has missed a combined five games in his first two NFL seasons. Moss played in all 32 games in his first two pro campaigns.

In his first five NFL seasons, Cam Newton has scored more fantasy points (1,627.60) than any other player in NFL history. Peyton Manning (1998-2002) is second ... he scored 1,279.30 fantasy points in his first five seasons.

• Like 1

Wow that's some interesting stuff about C Newton .

Wow that's some interesting stuff about C Newton .

It really is. He has only finished outside of the top 5 qbs one time, year before last.

Excellent. Sort of reminds me of Nick Foles.

Completely opposite playing style, but similar in that they both had good season ends.

It really is. He has only finished outside of the top 5 qbs one time, year before last.

Very impressive numbers .

Something I truly didn't know .

Everyone around here has opinions and opinions are like a$$..... well never mind. Not sure how this will fly around here but I've decided to start a thread full of "facts". Almost tried last year but got lazy. The more facts at our disposal the more genius some of us genius' will be. I'll start....

why to step up, man.

Gary Barnidge's 79 catches, 1,043 yards and nine touchdowns in 2015 were more than he had recorded in his first seven NFL seasons combined.

Jordan Reed was the tight end who appeared on the most NFL.com fantasy championship rosters (20.1 percent) in 2015. Over the final four weeks of the NFL's regular season, no tight end scored more fantasy points (67.80). In fact, Reed's point total was almost double the output of Gronkowski (36.50 points) during that time.

A record 18 quarterbacks outscored the top-scoring running back (Devonta Freeman) this season. The previous record was six, set in 2012 and matched in 2014.

Gary Barnidge's 79 catches, 1,043 yards and nine touchdowns in 2015 were more than he had recorded in his first seven NFL seasons combined.

Jordan Reed was the tight end who appeared on the most NFL.com fantasy championship rosters (20.1 percent) in 2015. Over the final four weeks of the NFL's regular season, no tight end scored more fantasy points (67.80). In fact, Reed's point total was almost double the output of Gronkowski (36.50 points) during that time.

A record 18 quarterbacks outscored the top-scoring running back (Devonta Freeman) this season. The previous record was six, set in 2012 and matched in 2014.

Very good stuff .

Very interesting stats about Reed .

Why is Cam Newton considered the top QB by many in fantasy football?

In 5 seasons in the NFL Cam Newton averages about 640 yards and 8.5 TDs a season, rushing.

Why is Cam Newton considered the top QB by many in fantasy football?

In 5 seasons in the NFL Cam Newton averages about 640 yards and 8.5 TDs a season, rushing.

Do your leagues not give him credit for that production?

Do your leagues not give him credit for that production?

I think he meant hat like he was answering his own question. Yes, Cams running is what has made him a top 5 qb in every year besides the one before last.