Sign in to follow this  
BufordT

The Thread of Facts

FACT: If you drink enough beer, you will get drunk.

Sorry guys, that's all I got.

I think he meant hat like he was answering his own question. Yes, Cams running is what has made him a top 5 qb in every year besides the one before last.

That's exactly what I meant.

Facts are great, but the opinions and insights based on those facts are really what FF is all about. As they say, past performance does not guarantee future results. Otherwise, we'd just hand the championship trophy to the best on-paper team right after the draft.

That's what I'm really liking best about this thread: it gets you thinking exactly in that sort of insightful way.

• Like 1

This got me thinking about the info overload we have. In years past, we learned the hard way that stuff rarely repeats. Last years studs flop and guys break out of nowhere. Captain hindsights co e out of the woodwork claiming how smart they are. Nowadays we all pretty much know to look ahead and that forward thinking is the way. But everyone else does it too and it leaves guys with adps baked in with that knowledge already.

Take for example Frank Gore, who is going in about round 785 this year. Top 12 RB last year...if he converts those 2 fluke goal line fumbles he becomes a top 8 guy. Top 8! Luck is back, the offense should click. But people know that he is now 33 and no Rb at that age has had 1k besides riggins. His expected failure is baked into his adp. A top 12 perennially steady guy. Ain't that a doozy.

What came first, the chicken or the egg?

I think trying to prove their isn't a god is about just as hard as trying to prove their is one.

or trying to prove that their means there

3rd Year Wide Receivers whose current ADP is Round 5 or later....

Jordan Matthews PHI

Allen Hurns Jax

John Brown ARI

Donte Moncrief IND

Marquis Lee JAX

Davante Adams GB

Bruce Ellington SF

TJ Jones DET

Jeff Janis GB

Josh Huff PHI

Cody Latimer DEN

Philly Brown CAR

Charles Johnson MIN

Albert Wilson KC

Walt Powell BUF

Paul Richardson SEA

Brandon Coleman NO

Jared Abbrederis GB

Quincy Enunwa NYJ

Devin Street DA

3rd Year Wide Receivers whose current ADP is Round 5 or later....

Jordan Matthews PHI

Allen Hurns Jax

John Brown ARI

Donte Moncrief IND

Davante Adams GB

Bruce Ellington SF

Proof that zero RB is just one way to target a draft. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if all of these guys put up WR2 numbers or better.

Proof that zero RB is just one way to target a draft. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if all of these guys put up WR2 numbers or better.

This is a thread of facts and that is your opinion. Though I agree with you 100%.

TJ Jones is starting to get some positive press as well

There's an ebb and flow... I think it's easier to spot a regression than it is a breakout. For that reason I aim for high floor players early and then the high risk high ceiling guys later.

So you like the high ceiling low risk players early in a draft , and the high ceiling higher risk players later in a draft ?

Seems like that's the way most will draft .

High floor early - I will sacrifice on the ceiling early for that