Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Bears at Packers: In-Game Discussion

They have some talent for once. But what promise?

GB's offense was a joke the first half.

Mack is great bit Kizer gifted you guys a TD.

Trubs had a couple nice throws but still looks like a swing pass/screen offense.

Packers spotted you guys 20 points and still won.

I personally never expected this year's Bears team to be a playoff team this year. I just want to see Trubisky learn his new offense, and show some things like he is already doing. I want to see Smith get caught up after his holdout, and the defense grow into a top 5 defense in the league.

Hate the Bears all you want, I'm buying in.

I personally never expected this year's Bears team to be a playoff team this year. I just want to see Trubisky learn his new offense, and show some things like he is already doing. I want to see Smith get caught up after his holdout, and the defense grow into a top 5 defense in the league.

Hate the Bears all you want, I'm buying in.

Oh I hate the Bears. But I realize they have talent. You can get talent ahen your QB is on a rookie deal.

But as I have said here all offseason. They will go as little mitchy goes. Mack is nice. But its all about the QB.

And last nighr he showed me close to nothing. Packers started flat as hell. He threw a bunch of quick swing passes. He did nothing in the 2nd half. Was awful on the last 2 drives. Clay bailed him out and he did nothing with it.

I thought he had a bad game. Fidnt think he showed promise.

That said I have said it is early in his career. But up till now he hasnr shown me anything to think he is a future star.

We have Frozen running around here popping off yesterday calling him the future of the league. Then deletes posts when hes wrong. But will pat himself on the back all day on anything he thinks he got right. Laughable.

I thought trubisky played well at times, mostly in the first half. His passes had some nice zip and were accurate. He still has a ways to go, of course. I was surprised Burton wasn't more of a factor. Think the Bears are still a year away.

I thought trubisky played well at times, mostly in the first half. His passes had some nice zip and were accurate. He still has a ways to go, of course. I was surprised Burton wasn't more of a factor. Think the Bears are still a year away.

He wasnt a dumpster fire. But he is a short pass machine. And when it mattered and Rodgers came alive is when Mitchy started sucking.

35 attempts. 171 yards. He had the sort of game he had last year but they actually let him throw it more.

He still is very early in his career. But as a Packers fan his prospects dont really scare me at all.

Yeah Trubisky was flat out bad in the 2nd half. It's very concerning that he had zero touch on his passes. If he needs to zip any passes into a window, he is your guy. I also wasn't sure why he seemed to be operating on half the field where there seemed to be like 1 receiver on a pass pattern. I disagree that the Bears should have kept passing and think they went away from the run game too early. They let the Packers wind their defense with the hurry up style. Howard is such a good rb. It amazes me how he makes his way through traffic with his lack of high end speed.

Totally agree on Howard. At least a couple of times he diagnosed a dead end run, reversed course and gained the edge. Very impressive

I told you, the Bears will be awesome. I am so happy with how they are embarrassing the Packers. Maybe they will move on from the worst GM and worst coach in the NFL. Sorry to Rodgers, Adam's, and any Packers owner. Their season is gone with Kizer as QB. Bears!!!!!

:doh: :nono: :lol:

Totally agree on Howard. At least a couple of times he diagnosed a dead end run, reversed course and gained the edge. Very impressive

Howard is odd to me, he does not look powerful, fast or shifty, but he's very effective as runner. His vision is off the charts IMO. I was also impressed watching him last night.

:doh: :nono: :lol:

Man that was a bad call. To be fair, the offensive scheme all of a sudden fell apart in the 2nd half. Idk what the coach was doing. If they would have just kept doing what worked the game would have been in hand. Man when that DB dropped the pick that went right into his arms, that's when I was for sure the Bears would let Rodgers come back.

The game was over as soon as Howard stepped out of bounds.

And with 2 TOs and plenty of time, why didn't CHI ever work the middle of the field?

Packers are done for the next 5+ years. Rodgers second major injury in back to back seaons. He never gets back to the level he had. Lots of dead money for GB.

:D :D :D :D haha...... FFToday still exactly the same :D

And with 2 TOs and plenty of time, why didn't CHI ever work the middle of the field?

This surprised me a lot. Trubisky has shown in the past to favor the middle of the field. Maybe the coaching is just working on parts of his game not worrying too much about the outcome for the time being. This year is definitely not a year they were expecting to win the division, so why not just use these games as practices.

Anyone else just lose on that play? I did. Opponent has Rodger and Cobb. That's a LOT of points on one play for the win.

If only Fuller could catch.

I am stilled bummed out about this. A whole day of fantasy (for this one team) lost one play.

Oh well. Nothing I can do about it. 9 players on each team and the game is decided by two players on ONE play.

Such is FF.

#salty

Bears fan here, and I thought we did a lot better than expected.

Came out and punched GB in the mouth. 3 and outs, rogers making his b!tch face all over the field. Offense rolling and lining up oddly/lots of movement.

Then Aaron went down on a fluke play (that was more accident than cheap shot) and we took our foot off the gas. Started to get conservative - playing not to lose. When Rogers came back you could see fear in our eyes - like we realized we weren't supposed to win this game.

Nagy has to teach our team how to close out a win ala Rams & Eagles. Young teams on the cusp often need such education.

Trubs made a couple throws that really impressed me; the strike to arob fit through a 1' window in traffic and the throw to Burton were both excellent. The kid will be fine but needs experience imo.

Overall a solid effort with some mistakes and greatness sprinkled in. I'm very happy with the direction we're trending in.

edit: Nice to see you Don! you don't come around much anymore.

Bears have a more talented roster. Packers offense came out flat spotted them 20. Then they won anyway with a one legged QB.

Im confused as to how Bears take this as a moral victory. I guess the bar is low for them still.

What are your thoughts on Randall Cobb going forward? I know a huge percentage of his total yards in game 1 was on the one TD, but I'm more intrigued about the number of targets he received during the game (10) and the possibility that he'll continue getting high numbers of targets now that Jordy Nelson's gone. I'm not typically one to make drastic changes after week 1, but I'm considering dropping Chris Hogan for Cobb. Hogan seems boom-or-bust (as does everybody every year on the Patriots), and Cobb seems to have more potential for stable, consistent production. Thoughts?

What are your thoughts on Randall Cobb going forward? I know a huge percentage of his total yards in game 1 was on the one TD, but I'm more intrigued about the number of targets he received during the game (10) and the possibility that he'll continue getting high numbers of targets now that Jordy Nelson's gone. I'm not typically one to make drastic changes after week 1, but I'm considering dropping Chris Hogan for Cobb. Hogan seems boom-or-bust (as does everybody every year on the Patriots), and Cobb seems to have more potential for stable, consistent production. Thoughts?

I like Cobb for as long as Rodgers is gimpy. They'll need more quick reads and short dumps relying on YAC as long as Rodgers can't extend plays with his mobility. Adams and Geronimo will (by player and position) take a bit longer to get open. We've probably seen Cobb's ceiling, but I don't think his floor is as low this year as it's been in recent years.