Sign in to follow this  
DonS

Week 5 streaming defense

Who do you like?

Trying to decide between the NYJ/CLE cripple fight but trusting either of those teams is difficult. Leaning towards NYJ because hopefully CLE starts to give up.

Thinking about if I want to roll out Miami potentially going up against Brandon Weeden. It might be too tempting for me to pass up.

Who do you like?

Trying to decide between the NYJ/CLE cripple fight but trusting either of those teams is difficult. Leaning towards NYJ because hopefully CLE starts to give up.

Jets vs Cleveland may not be a bad play actually.....

Best available in 14 teamer.

Lions, Bears, and Jets.

Lions, Bears, and Jets.

Lions against Cam is decent, Carolina's offense has been bad with the exception of New Englan...

I would stay away from the Bears starting a rookie QB

Jets have already been discussed above.

Thanks for your reply.

Thanks for your reply.

I think I flip a coin over Lions or Jets. I snagged the Lions off WW despite having the Steelers because they were the top ranked FF scoring defense over the 1st 4 weeks. Giving serious consideration to playing them over the Steelers this week.

The Lions have been playing solid D, forcing 11 turnovers in 4 games. Their numbers are slightly skewed by the fact that they scored a DTD the first 3 weeks in a row and the one big week (10 points allowed, 5 sacks, INT, TD) against the Giants.

They could be a sneaky play against the Panthers. A team that just lit up the Patriots but is primed for a regression game.

Jets are good based off cleveland. Lions are a solid D. don't base carolina off last week. New England's defense right now will make any team look awesome.

A sneakier pick that seems to be sliding under the radar is the bills. They've played some solid defense so far this year. Cincy isn't a dream matchup but it isn't exactly trash either.

The Ravens defense (61% owned) leads the league in interceptions and E.J. Manuel threw one in the quarter-plus he played in relief of Carr.

The Ravens defense (61% owned) leads the league in interceptions and E.J. Manuel threw one in the quarter-plus he played in relief of Carr.

Ravens have had -1 the last 2 weeks since they started playing NFL caliber teams. Having said that, the Raiders are turning into a dissapointing offense now without Carr.

Who do you like?

I ended up rolling with NYJ. Interestingly enough my opponent this week grabbed CLE. Good God, am I really going to be paying this much attention to NYJ@CLE this Sunday???

I ended up rolling with NYJ. Interestingly enough my opponent this week grabbed CLE. Good God, am I really going to be paying this much attention to NYJ@CLE this Sunday???

Yes you are! And that, is the genious of Fantasy Football. So you can tell Sherman to shut his mouth about how we all dehumanize football players because now more than ever even the crap side of their entertainment is being viewed. Hence, money in their pockets in the long run.

Oakland somehow was available...going with them vs baltimore.

18 implied total for Baltimore.

Oakland somehow was available...going with them vs baltimore.

18 implied total for Baltimore.

My only concern with Oakland would be if EJ sh1ts the bed and repeatedly sets up Baltimore with good field position.

My only concern with Oakland would be if EJ sh1ts the bed and repeatedly sets up Baltimore with good field position.

True...think folks are staring at that same issue with cleveland and the jets defenses too.

Ill hold them...miami, giants and cincy are out there too...all good matchups.

Lions, Bears, and Jets.

Lions are shaping up to be a non-streaming DEF--possibly a DEF you leave in all season.

bills were on my ww vs cincywhat ya think

Same for the Bills. I actually burned a waiver pick on them, dumping Philly (had high hopes for the Iggles, but too many injuries). I'm planning for the moment on leaving them in, forget streaming. They are playing really well.

Yeah I would agree, Lions have been very good so far, and someone else thought so also, darn it.

Gave up on the Bears ideal and taking a shot with the Browns vs the Jets.

So let's go dawg pound.

No. 1 overall pick DE Myles Garrett (ankle) is expected to make his NFL debut in Week 5 against the Jets.

Garrett missed the first month of the season after injuring his ankle in practice leading up to the opener. He returned to practice last week and appears ready for his regular-season debut. The Browns' defense is on the streaming radar at home against the Jets in a game with a low Vegas total.

For what it's worth. Guess it kind of depends how much weight you hold in one player's impact on the defense.

I felt like Clev. was a decent stream this week regardless.... I do wonder just how much of a difference he can make in his 1st NFL game.

I am going with JAX @ PIT .. and dropping CIN for Rams vs. Seattle.

FFToday has Cincy as top defense?!?

I am going with JAX @ PIT .. and dropping CIN for Rams vs. Seattle.FFToday has Cincy as top defense?!?

Buffalos implied total is like 18 this week

My analysis:

Sks T/Os STD Points

Rams DEF H, SEA 10 / 12 5 / 8 48

ARI DEF @ PHI 12 / 9 4 / 5 39

CIN DEF H, BUF 12 / 12 2 / 3 34

shows Cincy as the worst preferred play (I also have ARI DEF).

Laugh your asses off but I see browns v jets in a decently scoring game. I could see 46-50 combined points. But that's just coming from a guy who took the over 39

Yeah I would agree, Lions have been very good so far, and someone else thought so also, darn it.

They look legit. I'm lucky my stupidity in dismissing them didn't cost me week 4.

I'm all over the Bills. The Bengals have a lousy offensive line. The Bills have a stout front 7. They're going to feast on the Bengals non-existant run game and quick passing game!!

Also, Dalton is a train wreck when he's under pressure.

Ravens and Jets are sitting on the waiver. Debating which looks more tasty. ??

I'd say they're pretty even for this week but the Ravens have several tasty matchups the next couple weeks.

I'm rolling with the NYG

Thinking about that too.....west coast blows ass traveling across the country for an early game.

The last time the Ravens defense made a long flight, they totally laid an egg (London). Plus, I'm guessing that will be a steady diet of Beast Mode "Run thru dae face!" No thanks!