Sign in to follow this  
Gepetto

Beckham carted off

Eli sailed the pass too high and Beckham went up and when he landed defender twisted his (previously injured) ankle back the wrong way. It's really bad. He was crying and taken off on the cart.

Looks seriously hurt. His left foot got caught under him. Bad news..

It's very bad.

Hes done for the season I would think.

Praying for him that's a tough injury.

The Giants may be the first team ever to have their top three WRs carted off in the same game?

Dwayne Harris, their 4th WR, broke his foot in today's game too. I've never seen anything like it.

Roger Lewis could be someone a lot of owners will be targeting.

Hes done. Not shocked, I drafted him. Another year, another first pick either hurt or sucking. Taking Rodgers next year pick 1 no matter what. Tired of the surefire studs costing me a season. Ill take the hit in value in exchange for guaranteed production and little chance of injury.

Time to Sale Rodgers high.

At minimum ankle dislocation. Heard already in surgery on sxm fantasy 25 min post injury.

Based on the bend that seems very likely. Dislocations can be very gruesome, and with the report of him already being in surgery that suggests more than just a sprain or simple break. Wouldn't be surprised if it comes out to be open fracture or some kind of vascular issue

I feel bad for you guys.... but deep down I hope it's career ending. Not a fan. :ninja:

You probably don't like Cam or anyone that has a personality and honest. You like dudes that's boring as Fxk.

I feel bad for you guys.... but deep down I hope it's career ending. Not a fan. :ninja:

I wouldn't go that far. ODB is a POS though.

Yes, let's all hope that a mildly annoying guy can't do what he's worked hard his entire life to do anymore. It's totally justified because he said some bad things that one time.

• Like 1

You probably don't like Cam or anyone that has a personality and honest. You like dudes that's boring as Fxk.

I root for players with class.

I don't like ODB either but that's pretty extreme

Eli sailed the pass too high and Beckham went up and when he landed defender twisted his (previously injured) ankle back the wrong way. It's really bad. He was crying and taken off on the cart.

Dude cries a lot. And everyone should be happy he got through nearly 5 games. At least it was on the field instead of him be smacked by a kicking net post.

All players have personalities. Some like Newton just have a personality that shows no class or regard for others. Hes an ass. Do I care? Nope. Everyone knows he is like that except for those that are the same in their vision. Thats all.

All the hate is misplaced. Did he beat a woman? Fail a drug test? Spit in a guys face? He entertained us with harmless antics, some of the best catches ever and an all time pace for wr stats. Hes an international ambassador for the league and a decent guy. He lifted a leg pretending to be a dog, not the end of the world. Please use some perspective, with all the bad stuff in the world and country, he is harmless.

All the hate is misplaced. Did he beat a woman? Fail a drug test? Spit in a guys face? He entertained us with harmless antics, some of the best catches ever and an all time pace for wr stats. Hes an international ambassador for the league and a decent guy. He lifted a leg pretending to be a dog, not the end of the world. Please use some perspective, with all the bad stuff in the world and country, he is harmless.

Seems sometimes like people think beating sideline objects is as bad as beating women.

You like him and what he does and others dont. So whats your point? With all the bad stuff in the world why are you paying attention and posting to a fantasy football message board?

You like him and what he does and others dont. So whats your point? With all the bad stuff in the world why are you paying attention and posting to a fantasy football message board?

My point is he Isnt a bad guy, hes actually a good guy, and among the most talented wrs in the league.

As for the 2nd sentence...Cuz I feel like it?

All fair points and I'll concede them, but merely "not-being the stereotypical 'talented thug' caricature" is hardly enough to endear you to the guy...

He's disliked for a lot of the same reasons Chad Ocho-cinco was disliked...he makes the game about himself; he becomes the focus in a way that elevates the 'circus' instead of the sport. There's surely overlap, and a place for both, but at some point the spectacle overshadows the talent, and OBJ treads that line too closely -- and is seen as crossing it too often -- for a lot of fans of football.

I'll also add that the NFL as a whole is guilty of pushing the circus aspect of the game, and it's just as worthy of football fans' ire.

Still, to lose a star like OBJ -- especially due to injury -- is in the end not good for the game of football, the NFL or the NYG, so I wish him to get better. In a lot of ways.

My point is he Isnt a bad guy, hes actually a good guy, and among the most talented wrs in the league.

As for the 2nd sentence...Cuz I feel like it?

Thats my point as far as liking him or not. People mostly speak about his entertainment self. Thats all football is. Entertainment. As far as his personal life, unless you know him personally, none of us know him or if hes a good guy or not. Remember, these guys have self image managers. And Im pretty sure they and the coaching staff dont want him pretending to pee as a celebration or smack things around on the sidelines when upset.

Another one bites the dust...

My team would have been so awesome this year if not for injuries. I now have lost Beckham, Cook, Olsen and Woodhead. I'm in first place but that definitely won't last long now.

Another one bites the dust...

My team would have been so awesome this year if not for injuries. I now have lost Beckham, Cook, Olsen and Woodhead. I'm in first place but that definitely won't last long now.

Ouch. Need to change your username, drop the 'or' and add 'ed'. Sympathies.

Ouch. Need to change your username, drop the 'or' and add 'ed'. Sympathies.

Haha exactly. Injuries took me from Decimator to Decimated.

Seems sometimes like people think beating sideline objects is as bad as beating women.

Beating a woman is a horrible crime.

Beating a sideline object when winning is selfless.

It's like the player that sacks the QB and then does this big dance and look at me moment, and his team his losing by twenty eight points with three minutes left to play. There's no point to it but to gain selfless look at me moments.

Bad teammate.