Sign in to follow this  
MikeK

TE lament - Drop Engram for Watson or someone else?

I've fallen victim to the terrible TE depth this season. I only have one rostered TE and that's Engram, who has disappointed so far and now obviously has an injury that makes it tempting to just drop the guy. Unfortunately, my 12-team league has already rostered just about all playable TEs.

Here are the top 3 TEs available to me:

-Watson, TE

-Brate, TB

-Seals-Jones, ARI

Which one/s would you target? I have a full FAAB budget still and am only the 7th waiver pick. Full team is in my signature if you have any other advice for me (I'm also considering dropping the DEN D and rolling with the Browns D/streaming from here on out).

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Also available in my league are Jack Doyle (injured right now obviously and I need a starter), and Dallas Goedert.

I like Seals-Jones in this case. Watson has to share with a lot of weapons and Rosen is good at going through progression so SJ should get looks in Arizona for a check down option.

I like Seals-Jones in this case. Watson has to share with a lot of weapons and Rosen is good at going through progression so SJ should get looks in Arizona for a check down option.

Yeah, that's good insight. Anyone seeing lots of targets is fine in my book. With the TE position being so incredibly thin this year every bit of advice helps. Thanks!

I would not drop Engram. Hold him. I'd drop Miller or a defense for a backup TE. The TE position is too thin to drop Engram. He'll be back.

I would not drop Engram. Hold him. I'd drop Miller or a defense for a backup TE. The TE position is too thin to drop Engram. He'll be back.

Yeah, I drafted the Denver D and have the Browns now and feel silly having two middling defenses, so I could drop Denver and pick up a TE in that spot.

Is Dallas Goedert still available? If so...he'd be a good pick up as well.

Goedert is also available, yeah. I had him flagged on my short list, just forgot to mention him in my OP! Thanks...think he's a better target for my waver bid than Seals-Jones? It might be worth noting too that Jack Doyle is available, although he's injured so I can't play him right away as I need a starter this week.

agree with this.

I would probably get RSJ, Rookies tend to lean on TE's

Goedart or RSJ but don't drop Engram maybe Miller? Also look for a RB thats available. Anybody better than having to start Grant

I agree with this. It's being reported that he might be looking at 4-6 weeks, but he will be back. With the TE position as it is, he's one you keep. If you did drop him, someone would stash him, guarenteed.

agree with this.

I would probably get RSJ, Rookies tend to lean on TE's

Something I was not aware of as a trend...thanks!

Goedart or RSJ but don't drop Engram maybe Miller? Also look for a RB thats available. Anybody better than having to start Grant

Yeah, sounds like dropping Denver D to pick up another TE and stashing Engram is my best bet. I keep thinking Miller is gonna break out so I'm a little uneasy about dropping him. I'll happily start Hyde over Grant if Fournette can't go again (I left Hyde on my bench last weekend, naturally).

I agree with this. It's being reported that he might be looking at 4-6 weeks, but he will be back. With the TE position as it is, he's one you keep. If you did drop him, someone would stash him, guarenteed.

Good call.

Any reason that anyone doesn't think I should target Doyle as my first option? I can't find any new news on his hip injury since Sunday. I feel like if healthy he'd be the easy first choice?

Thanks for all of the feedback, y'all--feel free to post your links if you're looking for advice too!