Sign in to follow this  
Kopy

I have a stupid question

If you're body is made up of 60% water. How come water doesn't come out of you. Cut your self anywhere and you got tissue, bone, and blood.

Why no water?

(P.S. Hoping for at least 1 real answer here.)

Your H2O molecules have hundreds if not thousands of different uses that your body finds for them to do.

wow sometimes there really are stupid questions

Surely this is better than my.

How come the coyote never caught the road runner question. No?

Kopy had to have lost a bet and was forced to post this, right? Or left his fftoday logged in at work and a coworker is messing with him. Either way, whenever he gets back he needs to delete this thread.

wow sometimes there really are stupid questions

Remember when your teachers said that there are no stupid questions? Yeah, they were wrong.

If you're body is made up of 60% water. How come water doesn't come out of you. Cut your self anywhere and you got tissue, bone, and blood.

Why no water?

The water only comes out voluntarily. Spit is water, pee is water (when it's clear), tears are water, and sweat is water. Never do any of these things to excess - you'll want to try to stay at about 60% for best results. :thumbsup:

Okay then, if blood is red, how come varicose veins are blue?

You only see what is reflected...only the bluish parts of the spectrum are reflected back to your eyes...the other colors are absorbed by the tissues.

You only see what is reflected...only the bluish parts of the spectrum are reflected back to your eyes...the other colors are absorbed by the tissues.

What? Because I can't see red?

you should try to stab your brain... i bet nothing comes out.

Ok, I laughed....

What? Because I can't see red?

The red is there, it is absorbed by the pigments of the skin and subcutaneous tissues.

White lite has all the colors...a shirt looks blue because all of the other colors are absorbed by the pigments in the shirt...except blue which is reflected to your eyes.

Kopy,

There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.

• Like 1

Kopy,

There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.

This is exactly what I tell my students. :thumbsup:

As to the OP, you can distill/extract water from all your bodily fluids. It's easiest to do with semen. This is why men seldom die in the desert.

Okay then, if blood is red, how come varicose veins are blue?

It's not exactly uplifting being varicose.

Skin does not absorb much light at any wavelength, making it look white (depending on how much melanin is present, of course–making this discussion only really relevant to people with lighter skin). Blood, on the other hand, absorbs light of all wavelengths (but less in the red part of the spectrum). However, blue light does not penetrate the skin as well as red light. If a vessel is near the surface of the skin, almost all blue light is absorbed by the vessel, so even though only about 1/4 of the red light is reflected, the ratio of red light reflected to blue light reflected is about 10:1. This vessel appears red.

If the vessel is deeper (about 0.5 mm or more), not as much blue or red light will be absorbed. Importantly, this effect will be more pronounced on blue light than on red light since blue light doesn’t penetrate skin very well (the ratio of red light reflected to blue light reflected is about 3:2 or less). This is the case for the “blue veins” observed in skin. Once the vessel is deep enough, though, it won’t be seen at all, as light of all wavelengths will be reflected before it can interact with the blood.

Perplexingly, this 0.5-mm-deep vessel appears blue despite reflecting slightly more red light than blue light. This is where relative color perception comes into play. The surrounding skin reflects more red light than blue light (by a ratio of about 5:3), and it does not absorb as much of either type of light as a blood vessel does. Since vision is influenced in part by relative perception, if something purple is placed next to something red, the purple object will appear blue.

This is exactly what I tell my students. :thumbsup:

As to the OP, you can distill/extract water from all your bodily fluids. It's easiest to do with semen. This is why men seldom die in the desert.

Also, your mother.

It's not often that a thread title accurately describes the OP. Kopy nailed it. Take notes, posers.

No man has ever died in mom. :thumbsup:

I'm picturing that scene where Han Solo cuts open the Tauntaun and shoves Luke inside.

Why no water?

Our lungs absorb the water and convert it to gas, which we then exhale as CO2.

The leftover H comes out in our poop.

Our lungs absorb the water and convert it to gas, which we then exhale as CO2.

The leftover H comes out in our poop.

This is exactly why you should take deep breaths if you're drowning.

• Like 1

Bananas are 75 percent water

:banana: