Sign in to follow this  
snatchit

Sorry another Hunt Question: Is Barkley really a no brainer over Hunt ?

One of the easiest things to do in FF is to look back at what happened and comment on it. Nobody knew James Conner would be top five in the league after 5 weeks. McCaffery would be top 6 and Melvin Gordon #3 and James White at #8. When you mix in the top 10-12 backs in the NFL, you never know know where they will finish. You only have a good guess that they will finish in the top 10-12 in whatever order barring injury.

A lot of us on this thread have been arguing his upside for months now. Its closed minded to assume the rushing leader from last year can have a worse fantasy season than a rookie RB, which you kept trying to beat into our brains, especially how bad he played vs Rutgers.

Now that Saquon is balling out the argument has changed to I told you the Giants would suck which no one really ever disputed.

Transcendent talent.

Been saying that and its as obvious as the sky is blue. An injury can always happen and ruin everything but no one is immune from that.

His o-line sucks, his QB sucks, he is still a fantasy monster, just as most of us predicted.

iirc, hunt led the league with plays over 15 yards last year and was pretty involved in the passing game. his carries have been adequate but only recently getting involved in the passing game. he has not broken many big ones this year, but seems to be moving in that direction.

it is all about risk management with our teams.i saw a higher floor with hunt over barkely starting the season. i thought he might be a generational type of back, but we do not know until they are on the field. I also thought it was a fine pick and would open up the offense (the passing game has not opened up the way I thought). I am not going to get into the eli bashing because of that o-line (though i still see he as a C+/B- qb overall for his career).

iirc, hunt led the league with plays over 15 yards last year and was pretty involved in the passing game. his carries have been adequate but only recently getting involved in the passing game. he has not broken many big ones this year, but seems to be moving in that direction.

it is all about risk management with our teams.i saw a higher floor with hunt over barkely starting the season. i thought he might be a generational type of back, but we do not know until they are on the field. I also thought it was a fine pick and would open up the offense (the passing game has not opened up the way I thought). I am not going to get into the eli bashing because of that o-line (though i still see he as a C+/B- qb overall for his career).

I didn't see the Chiefs not involving Hunt in the passing game this year. But I stand by what I thought was going to happen with him and so be it. I also didn't think barkley would be getting 16 targets in the passing game. Manning is even worse than I thought and can't go downfield anymore. I mean, Beckham is banging his head on a cooler on the sidelines, and the backup RB Gallman is calling out manning on missing a wide open pass. Sixteen 2 yard passes to barkley is all you will be seeing it seems. Good pick if you got him.

Watch out for injuries with Barkley, he went down a few times so far and I see why. He is really strong and elusive, which I've noticed him taking more hits from awkward angles rather than straight on. But if this guy were on Pittsburgh, that would be awesome to watch.

Now that I see that manning can't throw down field even 15 yards, barkley seems in line to get about 25 3-yard receptions a game. In a ppr, all is good for him.

You're jaded.

The kid is good.

Runs a solid 4.4 and built like a truck with wiggle.

I didn't see the Chiefs not involving Hunt in the passing game this year.

in the first 3 games, hunt had 3 targets with 1 rec for 5 yds this year

last year he had 9 with 9 rec for 140 rec yds with 2 rec tds

big difference. the last two games= 6 targets, 4 rec, 61 yds. adds about 5 p/g in ppr

Your jaded.

The kid is good.

I never said he is bad. I only said he was a bad draft choice by the giants.

in the first 3 games, hunt had 3 targets with 1 rec for 5 yds this year

last year he had 9 with 9 rec for 140 rec yds with 2 rec tds

big difference. the last two games= 6 targets, 4 rec, 61 yds. adds about 5 p/g in ppr

Very true. I thought he would get 4-5 targets a game this year on average. But I think they will balance out more as time goes by.

Very true. I thought he would get 4-5 targets a game this year on average. But I think they will balance out more as time goes by.

that is exactly what i was projecting and describing.

Guy in my league who passed on gurley at no.1 wanted to take Saquon and kicks himself for not going with his gut. Kid is phenomenal and I dont care if the oline is 4 grandmas out there, you dont pass up generational talent like that. You build as you go with pieces like him. For the 10th time...Rams got Gurley, then they got Goff, now they are SB bound. It can work.

Guy in my league who passed on gurley at no.1 wanted to take Saquon and kicks himself for not going with his gut. Kid is phenomenal and I dont care if the oline is 4 grandmas out there, you dont pass up generational talent like that. You build as you go with pieces like him. For the 10th time...Rams got Gurley, then they got Goff, now they are SB bound. It can work.

agree with the pick for the giants. I do not believe he was an automatic high pick in a redraft for FF (even the might gurley dramatically dipped with fisher) based on situation.

agree with the pick for the giants. I do not believe he was an automatic high pick in a redraft for FF (even the might gurley dramatically dipped with fisher) based on situation.

There was lots of legit worry because of Manning and the oline he would be on a bad team, which he is. But his talent is overcoming that with how they have committed to using him so its translating to FF points very well.

There was lots of legit worry because of Manning and the oline he would be on a bad team, which he is. But his talent is overcoming that with how they have committed to using him so its translating to FF points very well.

yep

I never said he is bad. I only said he was a bad draft choice by the giants.

Anyone got that Rutgers quote?

Saquon Barkley is Adrian Peterson, Bo Jackson, Herschel Walker level talent and the bell cow RB for the NY Giants. I'm going to draft him.

Yea, Saquon is on my team! I'm in an auction league and I had to bid him up to get him, and someone said after I drafted him Wow, THAT MUCH FOR A ROOKIE!

I think Reid tries too much to outsmart his opponent, using certain players (WAY too much) as decoys. Look at how Hunt started out last year and Reid put him in the background, then used him more at the end of the season-and he was great. WHO drafted Hunt and Hill this year? Me the "dope guy of the rope-a-dope" (George Foreman quote for you children), looks like I was WRONG this year-UGH! Reid should let someone else call the plays...……………………………….I'd rather have Barkley.

A lot of us on this thread have been arguing his upside for months now. Its closed minded to assume the rushing leader from last year can have a worse fantasy season than a rookie RB, which you kept trying to beat into our brains, especially how bad he played vs Rutgers.

Now that Saquon is balling out the argument has changed to I told you the Giants would suck which no one really ever disputed.

Hunt is looking pretty good. 10 rushes for 80 yards. 5 for 105 and a TD through the air.

In week 2 it took Barkley 14 receptions to get 80 yards and 0 TDs, and 11 rushes to get 28 yards and 0 TDs. It was like he was playing Rutgers out there. :)

Hunt is looking pretty good. 10 rushes for 80 yards. 5 for 105 and a TD through the air.

In week 2 it took Barkley 14 receptions to get 80 yards and 0 TDs, and 11 rushes to get 28 yards and 0 TDs. It was like he was playing Rutgers out there. :)

In PPR leagues, Rutgers or not, that's still 24.8 points.

we are starting to see more usage in the passing game. the bigger plays are starting to happen.

first 3 games: 3 targets/1 rec/5yds/1 td

last 3 games: 12 targets/ 9 rec/ 166 yds/ 1 td

more of what a lot of us thought.

Are we ok again with Hunt? Everything ok in the rb world?

• Like 1

On 8/12/2018 at 11:30 AM, jrokh said:

Stop the presses: Seafoam predicts Giants will start 0-7. Pat Shurmur may as well go on vacation once he hears this...

On 8/12/2018 at 11:59 AM, LoOnAtIk said:

Can we revisit this after week 7 please?

Everyone mark your calendars to bump this thread lol

You all were right. They actually went 1-7 to start the season.

That dude was way off. It's fun looking back on old threads and the predictions.