Sign in to follow this  
Fireballer

Major hurricane Florence

Its startin to get bad. Rain is here but its the wind thats blasting now. Supposed to pick up. Trees down and our power is out already

A lot of flags that were flying have been ripped to shreds

Kaepernick and libtards love Florence.

• Like 1

Its because the damn thing wont leave. Its not the strongest but its just sitting here. Chinese water torture.

As soon as the storm ends you should get into the shrimpin' business.

Not to discredit the damage all the flooding will do............but the networks are really over selling the ferocity of the winds. If you didn't know any better - you'd think Flo slammed into the coast with 175 mph winds.

Well, I think that 100mph winds is a big deal. Typically it is not the wind that causes the problem, it is the things in the wind that cause the problem. (Ron White).

Been seeing some updates, not looking good. Many people stranded or in trouble.

At least 28?

Neighbor(s) dead?

Its an old couple but the tree didnt crush the house or anything. Its laying on top of it right now

Theres a massive oak tree in my back yard, within striking distance to my house. When I get home from work were going to have a polite discussion. Just me and Ole Oak. We need to come to an understanding.

Funny. Had the same conversation with a sixty foot pine tree during Katrina. Probably the best conversation had I had that night as all cell phones were down. Me: Let's me and you stand tall. You could take out my entire house. The pecan tree behind you would love to see that. Y'all grew together over the past fifty years. Couple of pine cone and pecans growings trees living in perfect harmony. Pine Tree: I'll do my bestests. But these fawking termites eating my arse not helping. Me: You got it. Have a beer with me.

Watching him taking a beating was hard. But he withstood it. Staring at him now. Kewrs Lite kept our bond together. Another example of me pretending to be something like an arborist or astronaut. Game.

I can't imagine what it must be like riding out a hurricane. In Seattle area we get "wind storms" and I can't sleep with all the tall douglas fir trees which tower over our house bending over in the gusts. Sounds like a freight train coming. I've looked out my window before as trees have fallen uphill away from us onto a neighbor's house. That sh1t is terrifying.

Stay safe.

Well, I think that 100mph winds is a big deal. Typically it is not the wind that causes the problem, it is the things in the wind that cause the problem. (Ron White).

Nice. I hade a three foot by three foot metal light warning street sign attached to a metal pole land in my backyard when the winds started getting bad. I was on the deck trying to tie down a cypress floor rocker that easily weighed three hundred lbs wet. Imagine Lt. Dan up in the tower yelling to bring it on and having his fun with Mother Nature.

That was me. Drunk and laughing. Till.....

I was in awe watching that fawking rocker slider start to move across the deck. Me: Ugh ohh. I tried to tie it down with old bungee chords. Couldn't see sh!t. Gave up and started walking back to the back door to get inside. I hear "woooomph".

The spot I was in trying to untangle and manage the chords got hit by that sign right in my yard.It was as if a twenty foot tall man tool the sign and threw it in the ground to make it stick. And it did. Easily halfway in. Like taking a knife and throwing it down into the earth. Fawking crazy.

An hour later I was standing at the back door. Walls breathing. Making noises that only fat chicks make after Wednesday ladies night when last call is upon them, my one hundred and twenty foot fence collapsed. Goood times.

Still have the sign. The glider moved across the deck and I had to put her down. :sad:

The MSM sucks, plain and simple. They blame Trump for the Hurricane, they blame him for not acting fast enough, they blame him for possibly overplaying the significance of this thing when they have been humping it for all their worth for a week.

Storms are unpredictable. They have to be prepared for any contingency that occurs to condemn Trump.

Storms are unpredictable. They have to be prepared for any contingency that occurs to condemn Trump.

Funny how the hurricane machine wasn't working during Obama's two terms and now all of a sudden a conversation of contingency plans of condemnation is in full place. Unpredictable predictably changes based on an R or D before a or the name of some doosh bag who pretends to care about their constituents outside their voting district?

Amazing.

Theres multiple trees down, no power, and its supposed to get worse today. Dam hurricane is moving at a whopping 2 mph. Expecting it to start flooding either late today or tomorrow

Anybody seen Sean Penn's rowboat?

yep

It's on Mystic River :banana:

Oh! That reminds me of Cape Fear! Which reminds me of that slutty girl who always played jailbait! Why isn't she on the girl draft? Damn, what's her name? Frick, I feel like a pedo every time I even think of her in that movie.

Oh! That reminds me of Cape Fear! Which reminds me of that slutty girl who always played jailbait! Why isn't she on the girl draft? Damn, what's her name? Frick, I feel like a pedo every time I even think of her in that movie.

Juliette Lewis. Who by the way, once she wasn't believable as teen jail bait came out and said how creepy she found guys who liked her roles as a slutty teen.

Hollywood baby

• Like 1

So Ive been out there helping clear the roads of debris and trees. Using a chain saw to cut up the trees and pull them out

Nah Im not doing that. There are people doing that though and clearing the roads while we have a short break

Man, this is really tragic. I mean you have to fault almost everybody right? The governments, the media

.. I mean these poor people had literally zero warning. And then suddenly , suddenly there's rain. And wind. And you know, I don't think our country's ever seen anything like that before. Especially not anywhere near the coastline. These poor bastards never knew what hit them. And now you know there are some people who stayed there naturally of course cuz why would you leave? And some of those people actually died. And it's not like you can blame them. You know I just, if it weren't for the internet? I found some you know obscure weather blogs that sort of mention it. But national press? Federal state local government? Not a damn thing. I mean, what else do all these so-called 24 hour news channels have to talk about? But not a God damn word. I mean what do we pay taxes for? you know I know everybody's a genius in retrospect, but I just feel like maybe just maybe we could have offered you know some kind of warning to these poor people.

One of my moms teachers fiancé came by here and helped us with the generator. Instead of us using multiple cords to run inside the house he brought over some kind of special cord that you run through your dryer (if that makes sense to any of yall). So my parents entire house with the AC and hot water heater is up and running on the generator. Currently only using 20% of the generators power