Sign in to follow this  
JediMaster

Dynasty Rookie Draft Help

So far the draft has gone:

1. Gurley

2. Gordon

3. Cooper

I'm up at 4, thinking either Kevin White or maybe T.J. Yeldon. I'm in desperate need of a RB, but hard to pass up White. Is 4 too early for Yeldon? Who else would you take in my spot?

My dynasty advice is to take talent over need and let things sort themselves out down the road. In this case, you are probably looking at no more than 5-6 years of quality production from Yeldon and roughly 8-10 years from White (based on the combination of the positions they play and the talent they possess). If you are thinking about grabbing the best talent and looking long-term, I'd go White.

Having said that, I would entertain a trade down to No. 6 or No. 7 if possible in order to take Yeldon AND get another pick/player based on what you said about RB being a need. I would say that is even more the case if you are going all-in to win this year. People are down on Yeldon b/c of his destination, but I think his running style and out-of-the-box workload are key reasons why he will end up being a solid RB2 in 2015. I'm trying to trade up from No. 9 in my rookie draft to No. 5 so I can take Yeldon in my dynasty league if that tells you anything, but that is mostly b/c No. 6 and No. 7 (same owner for both picks) doesn't appear interested in trading those picks.