Sign in to follow this  
Baker Boy

Over 100 companies giving 'Trump Bonuses' after tax victory, 'tsunami building'

I'm giving almost half of it to the government, for the cause of MAGA. The rest to the Universal College Fund of Mobb_Deeps Daughter. :cheers:

1/2 in taxes.....You are a true geek :cheers: for being in the top 1%!

1/2 in taxes.....You are a true geek :cheers: for being in the top 1%!

You sound like a guy who has never gotten a bonus.

• Like 1

You sound like a guy who has never gotten a bonus.

Why don't you explain it to him instead of being a dik? Or is that not possible?

Shouldn't have 1/2 taken out for taxes, but I guess it's neither here nor there.

Fed - 25% standard for bonuses under $1M

FICA - 7.65% up to the SS limit of around $128k. More explanation required for bonuses over $128k.

State - XX% (California is highest at around 13%. Every other state us under 10% I believe)

Total - 37.65% assuming a 5% state income tax rate; 42.65% assuming a 10% state income tax rate.

I don't. I'm a 1099 employee.

It's taxed at approximately 40%. A flat "supplemental rate" (unless it's over 1,000,000).

Shouldn't have 1/2 taken out for taxes, but I guess it's neither here nor there.

Fed - 25% standard for bonuses under $1M

FICA - 7.65% up to the SS limit of around $128k. More explanation required for bonuses over $128k.

State - XX% (California is highest at around 13%. Every other state us under 10% I believe)

Total - 37.65% assuming a 5% state income tax rate; 42.65% assuming a 10% state income tax rate.

Fed dropped to 22% in 2018, so it's actually a little less than that. Also, california supplemental rate was 10.23% last I checked. But yah... around 40% give or take.

Fed dropped to 22% in 2018,

Was your bonus applied to 2018? If so, good for you, but probably bad for the company.

Wouldn't work for the rail roads. Not sure why, but I know several guys that have really bad cancers and the only thing in common is there employment with BNSF.