Sign in to follow this  
The Moz

Draft Commentary

I agree and I almost took him over titus young, but I think young will really come on this season and the offense of detroit is so much stronger than oakland. With calvin drawing double teams and a qb like stafford throwing, I couldn't resist.

i like titus as well. he was definitely on my list of top 10 wr's remaining. agree with your assessment of the lions offense which is why i grabbed pettigrew last round (120 targets last year)

originally intended to go a completely different direction with this pikc but after actually doing some research for this drafts remaining rounds, DHB lept off the page at me.

i hate projecting smaller sample sizes into full seasons but there can be times it makes sense and after a QB change is one of those times. Over his final 7 games he was targeted 65 times and his full season stats would have been roughly 84-1230-6 :dunno:

i like titus as well. he was definitely on my list of top 10 wr's remaining. agree with your assessment of the lions offense which is why i grabbed pettigrew last round (120 targets last year)

originally intended to go a completely different direction with this pikc but after actually doing some research for this drafts remaining rounds, DHB lept off the page at me.

i hate projecting smaller sample sizes into full seasons but there can be times it makes sense and after a QB change is one of those times. Over his final 7 games he was targeted 65 times and his full season stats would have been roughly 84-1230-6 :dunno:

I also hesitate to project full season numbers based on a limited sample size, but in this case, I can't avoid it. Moving from the dreck that oakland had at qb to someone like carson palmer can make a big difference. Now that they got an offseason to work together, I expect their chemistry to improve markedly and dhb's numbers to improve.

On second thought, we're making some good point. Perhaps I should have taken him.

I agree and I almost took him over titus young, but I think young will really come on this season and the offense of detroit is so much stronger than oakland. With calvin drawing double teams and a qb like stafford throwing, I couldn't resist.

I'm a DHB fan to some degree too. I might have looked at him next round if he was still there. The only thing that Mae me hesitant wad yet another change in coaching in OAK. who knows what the new regime will bring...

I like Crabtree and Heyward-Bey but had other needs/players I went with in round 8 and 9. I could regret passing on one or both of them.

The Raiders WRs were pretty banged up last season. Tough to say what his targets would have been had everybody been healthy. I had DHB in this league last year. I do like the pick. He's not as talented as Moore IMO but he's improved a lot with his routes and catching

The Raiders WRs were pretty banged up last season. Tough to say what his targets would have been had everybody been healthy. I had DHB in this league last season

I had him for the first half of the season: http://football3.myfantasyleague.com/2011/player?L=45340&P=9452 and cut him after he got hardly any playing time and no catches for 3 straight weeks after having put up a few good games in a row.

The Raiders WRs were pretty banged up last season. Tough to say what his targets would have been had everybody been healthy. I had DHB in this league last year. I do like the pick. He's not as talented as Moore IMO but he's improved a lot with his routes and catching

a healthy xxx will cut into looks for both DHB and Moore. I don't view yyy as much of a threat. didn't do a ton in the games he played last year.

i would agree with you that Moore is more ( :lol: ) talented but in terms of fantasy this year I have DHB slightly ahead. I expect higher targets and receptions for DHB.

So Moz, how you feeling about your RB situation after waiting all of those rounds before even grabbing your first one? :)

thank you Ski. I didn't want to go WR again in round 10 but if Moore was there I was likely taking him.

if Moz doesn't pick this evening I will leave a 2 player list with someone. Maybe with Ski. this way you guys are not held hostage all day tomorrow.

I caught 3 largemouth bass today and so did my dad. Two I caught were 2 lbs each. My dad got a 3.5 lbs largemouth. :banana:

I caught 3 largemouth bass today and so did my dad. Two I caught were 2 lbs each. My dad got a 3.5 lbs largemouth. :banana:

i miss fishing for pike

do i get to run to the podium and pick in front of Moz now?

So Moz, how you feeling about your RB situation after waiting all of those rounds before even grabbing your first one? :)

Famous I had a crappy position to draft from -- I had to take Brady in round 1 for the 30 points a week or more and in the second there was no RB on the board AJ or Fitz in points potential. in rounds 3 and 4 I saw 2 potential top 10 WR's and grabbed them -- my mistake in the draft was taking Rice over McGahee even though I like Rice's potential with Flynn alot at that time I should of drafted out of need. I do like the 2 backs I got in Helu who when featured in a ppr league could be a top 15 back if not better I think he proved that to end last year. Ingram I took because I think NoLa will feature him more and he has a chip on his shoulder with all the Trent Rich pub -- Who knows if Ryan Williams is back 100% Beannie could be replaced by end of TC as Williams was tearing it up till he was hurt in preseason.

From my shitty draft slot

Brady

Helu

A. Johnson

AJ Green

J. Nelson

Vincent Jackson

S. Rice

Not saying I love my team just saying IMO I did the best I could do with what I have save 1 mistake

Famous I had a crappy position to draft from -- I had to take Brady in round 1 for the 30 points a week or more and in the second there was no RB on the board AJ or Fitz in points potential. in rounds 3 and 4 I saw 2 potential top 10 WR's and grabbed them -- my mistake in the draft was taking Rice over McGahee even though I like Rice's potential with Flynn alot at that time I should of drafted out of need. I do like the 2 backs I got in Helu who when featured in a ppr league could be a top 15 back if not better I think he proved that to end last year. Ingram I took because I think NoLa will feature him more and he has a chip on his shoulder with all the Trent Rich pub -- Who knows if Ryan Williams is back 100% Beannie could be replaced by end of TC as Williams was tearing it up till he was hurt in preseason.

Brady

Helu

A. Johnson

AJ Green

J. Nelson

Vincent Jackson

S. Rice

Not saying I love my team just saying IMO I did the best I could do with what I have save 1 mistake

i would have passed on AJ in round 2. We view him differently. I don't personally think he is much better than the 10-15 WR's taken after him. He has worlds of talent but it never seems to translate into scores, plus he isn't the healthiest WR out there.

There may not have been a RB that lept out at pick 2.2 but by 3.11 there were far better WR choices, as you recognized and drafted.

I think Green/Nelson/VJax/Rice would have been a great WR group and would look real nice paired with Brady and any number of 2nd or early 3rd round backs.

:dunno: then again this is all speculation.

would you fix your focking pick so i can go?!?! sheesh :wave:

i would have passed on AJ in round 2. We view him differently. I don't personally think he is much better than the 10-15 WR's taken after him. He has worlds of talent but it never seems to translate into scores, plus he isn't the healthiest WR out there.

There may not have been a RB that lept out at pick 2.2 but by 3.11 there were far better WR choices, as you recognized and drafted.

I think Green/Nelson/VJax/Rice would have been a great WR group and would look real nice paired with Brady and any number of 2nd or early 3rd round backs.

couldn't disagree more on AJ Green -- was there a game he missed last year? He played injured a few games I know that. He has freakish talent like Fitz - I was surprised he was there at 3.11

couldn't disagree more on AJ Green -- was there a game he missed last year? He played injured a few games I know that. He has freakish talent like Fitz - I was surprised he was there at 3.11

I was talking about AJ as in Andre Johnson hence "round 2"

general question - is the draft 18 rounds? says so in the Rules thread but that was from like 2009.

just want to make sure i don't space out and miss my kicker int he last round. :overhead:

I was talking about AJ as in Andre Johnson hence "round 2"

I was torn there -- Thought about Charles - but off an ACL and Hillis getting all the shorties I passed there , Thought abut Murray but he played great against terrible teams and looked really average against good ones , thought about sjax - think he holds up another full season -- neither so I at his age. My Plan was Trent Rich but he got nabbed. I took Johnson because if healthy he is a 100 - 1500 - 8-12 TD player -- I was still torn between him / Fitz / and Gronk

I was torn there -- Thought about Charles - but off an ACL and Hillis getting all the shorties I passed there , Thought abut Murray but he played great against terrible teams and looked really average against good ones , thought about sjax - think he holds up another full season -- neither so I at his age. My Plan was Trent Rich but he got nabbed. I took Johnson because if healthy he is a 100 - 1500 - 8-12 TD player -- I was still torn between him / Fitz / and Gronk

i understand your reasoning but Andre has never been a double digit TD guy and has missed 12 games the last two years i think? Anyway, thats less to my point. You did a great job grabbing talented WR's in round 3-6... i think you could have rolled the dice with a RB over Andre..... but whats that saying about hindsight? :lol:

i understand your reasoning but Andre has never been a double digit TD guy and has missed 12 games the last two years i think? Anyway, thats less to my point. You did a great job grabbing talented WR's in round 3-6... i think you could have rolled the dice with a RB over Andre..... but whats that saying about hindsight? :lol:

If was going RB at 2.2 it would have been Murray but he's in sort of a RBBC thought I expect him to get 70% -- he;'s not known as durable either as a pro or in college. Just thought AJ if healthy gets me 30-45 more points over the year than Murray if they both played a full slate -- maybe I was wrong.

Like I said Skibum threw my plan out the window and I had to make due -- I do think if Helu is what he was to end last year I might of gotten him as a steal

I don't even want to grade my team right now. This is possibly my worst draft ever of all time. I killed it when I took a TE in Gates and Torrey Smith. If I had it to do over again...

Gates - yes

Torrey Smith- Tony Romo

Hillis - Yes, to match up with Jamaal Charles

Tate - Ok, I like him as well, but should've taken a #4 wr instead - Ok, maybe not - I just can't believe that you guys have taken every single WR that I've been targeting since the turn. I thought for sure, that one of the wr's selected in rounds 9 or 10 was going to slide to me. Each one of those wr's I would've been happy with for my #4. On top of that, the 2 QB's I was happy with this late went as well.

All in all, I guess I'm trying to say...gulp...you boys are drafting very well. Not a focking player is sliding...So FOCK YOU bastages, that's what makes this league so premier :cheers:

A.J has been a ppr monster in the past, but the td total has never matched for some reason. I've never defended this wr for a top 3 pick for that mark. For some reason, the 10td club is a huge number for me. Not sure why, but that is my standard for producing in that department. AJ has never reached that plateau for some reason :dunno:

A.J has been a ppr monster in the past, but the td total has never matched for some reason. I've never defended this wr for a top 3 pick for that mark. For some reason, the 10td club is a huge number for me. Not sure why, but that is my standard for producing in that department. AJ has never reached that plateau for some reason :dunno:

i can't say that i'm an AJ fan in FF unless he slides into the 3rd. Like you said, he just doesn't put up the TD numbers to justify a 2nd round pick to me.

Brady

Helu

A. Johnson

AJ Green

J. Nelson

Vincent Jackson

S. Rice

i'm just busting your balls... i don't really like much of my draft either - the middle isn't much friendlier than the end when it comes down to it. by 2.6 i already missed out on the top QBs and WRs... and there wasn't much there in RB either...

don't love anyone's team right now -- but it will shake out in the off season and a few will rise to the top of the preseason hype list

In response to M.Ingram knee surgery and to backup Sproles in a way.

What are the odds for winning a Championship with Carson Palmer as your QB?

175/1

What are the odds for winning a Championship with Carson Palmer as your QB?

175/1

Fwiw, I was hoping Palmer would come back to me this round... I wanted him as my #2.

Fwiw, I was hoping Palmer would come back to me this round... I wanted him as my #2.

He started week #9 - here are his point totals

There are some stinkers in there, but there is also a glimmer of hope. He was thrown into the fire and produced fairly well. I like the fact that he has an offseason to prepare, and Mcfadden will be coming back.

He started week #9 - here are his point totals

There are some stinkers in there, but there is also a glimmer of hope. He was thrown into the fire and produced fairly well. I like the fact that he has an offseason to prepare, and Mcfadden will be coming back.

The only thing that concerned me was a new coach and offensive scheme... Other than that, he should be top10.

as did i, guess i wasn't getting him lol

as did i, guess i wasn't getting him lol

yea, but he would be on your bench. He's my #1 qb :banana: :shocking:

I have high expectations!

4,200 yards and 30 td's.

yea, but he would be on your bench. He's my #1 qb :banana: :shocking:

I have high expectations!

4,200 yards and 30 td's.

hey man, carson might not be pretty real football wise but he might just throw it a ton this year. plenty of weapons.

the only reason i shied away from him as my backup is sharing the same bye as stafford

not going to lie i almost selected Schaub round 9 just to dangle at you in a trade for Gates.

Does Megla wait on purpose? The last two times he picked he checked in and saw he was on the clock and then didn't pick until the next day. ENOUGH.

Does Megla wait on purpose? The last two times he picked he checked in and saw he was on the clock and then didn't pick until the next day. ENOUGH.

maybe Megla is Portugese or something for "delay"??? :dunno:

:lol:

this draft would be done by now if it wasnt for the people with M names. :ninja:

:lol:

this draft would be done by now if it wasnt for the people with M names. :ninja:

maybe, but what other ff leagues do you have going on on May 7th? That's why I love this league - so early and passes about 2 weeks of the very slow time. Then we settle back down, and look forward to current news for our players.

you've been a great addition so far WW - enjoyed having you around :cheers:

It was not on me when I checked in , it was on 11.04 and I went to sleep right after checking in

It was not on me when I checked in , it was on 11.04 and I went to sleep right after checking in

:argue: