Sign in to follow this  
12th Man

Global Warm, er, Climate Chan, er, SCIENCE = WRONG!

Serious question here. Lots of talk about the earth warming..I'm fine with that. But what is the Earth's temperature supposed to be?

• Like 1

Serious question here. Lots of talk about the earth warming..I'm fine with that. But what is the Earth's temperature supposed to be?

Simple yet effective question to debunk the whole argument.

Well done sir. :thumbsup:

Simple yet effective question to debunk the whole argument.

Well done sir. :thumbsup:

I've wondered this. Drop 100 scientists in Georgia 12,000 years ago, at the end of the last glacial period. I would bet 97 of those scientists would have LOST THEIR SHEET over the warming Earth. After all, all they have ever known, the area now known as Michigan was really part of the polar ice caps. Plant, animal and insect species i would imagine went extinct because of it. Migratory patterns of many other probably changed forever. Yet, Michigan, Wisconsin, Upper New York---beautiful country(except in the damn winter).

As a matter of fact..Are we even supposed to have polar ice caps? Who says we do. Greenland is almost a million square miles. I bet if it did get more temperate(as many use as a horrible thing) it would be beautiful country. Imagine almost a million more square miles of land for humans to populate, for agriculture. Crap add Northern Canada into the mix. Why is it we believe just cause we have polar ice caps we are SUPPOSED to have polar ice caps.

• Like 2

I've wondered this. Drop 100 scientists in Georgia 12,000 years ago, at the end of the last glacial period. I would bet 97 of those scientists would have LOST THEIR SHEET over the warming Earth. After all, all they have ever known, the area now known as Michigan was really part of the polar ice caps. Plant, animal and insect species i would imagine went extinct because of it. Migratory patterns of many other probably changed forever. Yet, Michigan, Wisconsin, Upper New York---beautiful country(except in the damn winter).

As a matter of fact..Are we even supposed to have polar ice caps? Who says we do. Greenland is almost a million square miles. I bet if it did get more temperate(as many use as a horrible thing) it would be beautiful country. Imagine almost a million more square miles of land for humans to populate, for agriculture. Crap add Northern Canada into the mix. Why is it we believe just cause we have polar ice caps we are SUPPOSED to have polar ice caps.

Yes, why are we suppose to assume global warming is bad? Let’s not forget the potential for Siberia and northern Canada.

Yes, why are we suppose to assume global warming is bad? Let’s not forget the potential for Siberia and northern Canada.

Im dead serious.....So we lose(potentially) some land on the coasts....How much I don't know...But the warmer temps make all this other land available that wasn't there before.

Not like it will happen immediately anyway.

The earth isnt getting warmer! I mean, it is but it has nothing to do with manmade causes! I mean, it does have manmade causes, but who says global warming is a bad thing?

You guys got all the bases covered. :D

• Like 1

We should clean up the oceans first. Everyone agrees and it's doable. Why aren't we?

The earth isnt getting warmer! I mean, it is but it has nothing to do with manmade causes! I mean, it does have manmade causes, but who says global warming is a bad thing?

Yeah I know......It's some what of a parlor game at times...But my question was legit. I am not trying to be a debunker. Just asking the question.

You guys are locked it on a cause and cannot even discuss the other side.

$1.5 Trillion A Year To Reduce Global Warming By 0.048°C by the end of the century.

Why is this a solution or significant?

Why are you pushing for this so called solution?

I know you are a troll 100% of the time but, this is an all-timer as far as hypocrisy.. I mean, an all-timer..

Well played Sir.

• Like 1

I know you are a troll 100% of the time but, this is an all-timer as far as hypocrisy.. I mean, an all-timer..

Well played Sir.

This must be one of those high quality rebuttals you are always congratulating yourself for. No wonder you think youre so awesome.

This must be one of those high quality rebuttals you are always congratulating yourself for. No wonder you think youre so awesome.

Troll on fella, troll on.

Troll on fella, troll on.

Sorry to distract from your typically informative and thought provoking posts. :lol: :lol:

Sorry to distract from your typically informative and thought provoking posts. :lol: :lol:

I'm rubber you're glue..

Good one, you're on fire bro.

I'm rubber you're glue..

Good one, you're on fire bro.

I must be keeping you from engaging in the highly articulate and thoughtful discourse for which you are known at the Geek Club. I will therefore leave this thread and allow you to get back to beguiling us all with your highly original thoughts backed by statistics and thoughtful analysis. That is after all your reputation, according to yourself. :thumbsup:

My bad thread folks, just like to point out how much of a troll MDC is, carry on.

I believe that the earth is warming. I believe mankind contributes to it. I believe we have no idea how much of the warming is attributable to mankind. I believe that "climate change" is a religion to many folks in the climatology community and as such I am skeptical of the "adjustments" they make to data.

I believe that if you agree with my first three sentences, and this really is such a concern, we should be pouring as much or more resources into research to (1) cool the planet, and/or (2) learn to adapt to warmer overall temperatures. But it doesn't seem that we are. I could be wrong and could be happy to be shown as such. It seems to me that the religion is looking to persecute mankind for existing, while our leaders fly private jets to private Hummer limos to go to Davos and figure out how to profit from this religion.

HTH

I believe that if you agree with my first three sentences, and this really is such a concern, we should be pouring as much or more resources into research to (1) cool the planet, and/or (2) learn to adapt to warmer overall temperatures.

Buying the world flip flops is cheaper than trying to cool the planet so I'll go with Option 2. :thumbsup:

Exactly... We have no idea what it is supposed to be...

Who knows what the temperature were 3,000 years ago...

There are rock walls from ancient farms under the ice sheet in Greenland.

It is not the amount of change it is the amount of change in a short period of time

The earth is 3 billion years old and you are working on 130 years worth of data most of which is not accurate by todays standards.

$1.5 Trillion A Year To Reduce Global Warming By 0.048°C by the end of the century.

Why is this a solution?

Why are the MMGW freaks pushing for this so called solution?

I think you got the wrong group.

Bullshtting ecocrazies are a couple of doors down. They're the ones that say crap like "you can expect parts of the Earth to get colder during Global warming", and "you can expect long periods of no major storms after we said we're going to have more major storms; that's Climate change".

Derp.

It is not the amount of change it is the amount of change in a short period of time

I've heard this and I'm down with that. However, what if the earth temperature is supposed to be quite a bit warmer?

I've heard this and I'm down with that. However, what if the earth temperature is supposed to be quite a bit warmer?

That is fine if those changes happen over millions of years. When the timeline is smaller, it is a problem for inhabitants

That is fine if those changes happen over millions of years. When the timeline is smaller, it is a problem for inhabitants

Once again

Why is this a solution?

But is it? Whose to say it w ouldnt be better?

There is soooo much land trapped under glaciers.

Greenland, northern Canada and Russia. W ouldnt a warmer earth that made this land available actually help mankind?

And plants, and animals, and insects.

Why is that automatically unquestionably bad??

• Like 1

Greenland, northern Canada and Russia. W ouldnt a warmer earth that made this land available actually help mankind?

You should google racist dinosaur - Dave Attell

I used to believe that we needed to do something about global warming until I found out that the scientist were fudging the numbers. Now I don't believe either side.

That being said, the problem isn't with the warming, but what it brings. If the ice in Greenland melts it could fock up the Gulf Stream, which heats the planet. Without the gulf stream we would have an ice age. But again, you can't trust anything either side is saying, so fock 'em both.

Once again

Why is this a solution?

I have always felt that you try to first stop making things worse before you find a solution. I don't know that your numbers are for a solution or a proposal. Either way, to throw up your hands and do nothing seems pretty dumb.

It might be just beautiful and nirvana. It will kill off some animals and change our coastlines for sure. You're good with just taking that chance instead of seeing if we can slow it down to a level that species can evolve?

It might be just beautiful and nirvana. It will kill off some animals and change our coastlines for sure. You're good with just taking that chance instead of seeing if we can slow it down to a level that species can evolve?

the problem is we aren't slowing it down, just like we aren't speeding it up. We have been in a minor ice age for milennium

This. Let the trolls roll the emoticons. But what the are you actually advocating? Are you actually in favor of coal? Because this used to be my job. And that's a stupid fuuckin thing to advocate. Trump saved 13 jobs in a dying industry. Hey fantastic.

Climate change is a myth! Because because because algore!

Hey, fantastic kids. You're part of the internet tribalism. Good for you.

the problem is we aren't slowing it down, just like we aren't speeding it up. We have been in a minor ice age for milennium

You do understand, like I said in my earlier post, that we can have a positive impact on our immediate environment.? Screw the macro vs. Micro argument. We know for a fact we can change our immediate environment. Are you against that? Are you against that because because because Al Gore?

Fuk you. You fuking simpleton.

Well, for one thing, if our coastlines keep increasing, we run out of place to be. But them. If you're dumb enough to live in New Orleans, fuk you.

But if you want to get educated, the warmer it gets, there's a motherfuking shitload of methane trapped in ice and in our oceans. That methane gets released through warming? Hits our atmosphere? And, game the fuk over.

Oh, by the way, when British Petroleum pulled their Deepwater bullshit? We lost a third of our total energy capacity as a nation. What do you think happens when we lose that Coastline again?

More immediately and more pragmatically? Both of us and the British have developed billion dollar worships. If you guys would bother to leave this bored for two minutes, you would find that are warships no longer can operate in the Middle East because the water is too hot for our engines. No mother fuucking shiit. So either be pissed off at wasted money or terrified that we can't operate in the worst places in the world.

But I'm no scientist. But anybody who is automatically against the because because because Al Gore. Go fuc yourself.

Trump sure cleaned the swamp. Instead of having lobbyists pay millions of dollars to government bureaucrats. He just gave the lobbyist the job of the bureaucrats. Well hey, that cuts out the middleman.

How many times do I have to say on this board then I'm just flat-out anti stupid.

Go yourselves.You get Hoynes.

Well, for one thing, if our coastlines keep increasing, we run out of place to ###### be. But ###### them. If you're dumb enough to live in New Orleans, fuk you.

But if you want to get educated, the warmer it gets, there's a motherfuking shitload of methane trapped in ice and in our oceans. That methane gets released through warming? Hits our atmosphere? And, game the fuk over.

Oh, by the way, when British Petroleum pulled their Deepwater bullshit? We lost a third of our total energy capacity as a nation. What do you think happens when we lose that Coastline again?

More immediately and more pragmatically? Both of us and the British have developed billion dollar worships. If you guys would bother to leave this ###### bored for two ###### minutes, you would find that are warships no longer can operate in the Middle East because the water is too ###### hot for our engines. No mother fuucking shiit. So either be pissed off at wasted money or terrified that we can't operate in the worst places in the world.

But I'm no scientist. But anybody who is automatically against the ###### because because because Al Gore. Go fuc yourself.

Trump sure cleaned the swamp. Instead of having lobbyists pay millions of dollars to government bureaucrats. He just gave the lobbyist the ###### job of the bureaucrats. Well hey, that cuts out the middleman.

How many times do I have to say on this board then I'm just flat-out anti stupid.

Go ###### yourselves.You get Hoynes.

The coastline argument is of course a very valid one. I am not at all saying it isn't happening. It is. But again, drop yourself in north america 12,000 years ago. The polar ice caps that covered half of europe and north america were shrinking dramatically. There isn't a scientist or an environmentalist what would have been there that wouldn't have said this was VERY VERY Bad.....extremely bad. Species died off, everything changed. Yet, here we are. In fact, we have flourished because of it. We being plant, animal and insect species.

Humans as a rule resist change. We think what is here now should be here forever. That's not realistic. So I am asking the question. I'm not advocating one position or the other because I honestly don't know. And it's hard to take a stance because 99% of "research" on either side of this issue is biased. So I am trying to think it through myself and this keeps coming back. Why do we need polar icecaps? Why does Greenland have to be a gigantic glacier? Just because it always has been? That's not good enough for me. Maybe the natural state of earth is one with no ice at the poles, or significantly less?

Name calling doesn't work for me. If that's your retort, well OK..but I will continue to try to find an intelligent conversation about it.