Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Adopted a new kitty from the shelter.

She is all black, 1 years old. She is such a love, never stops purring.

little focker climbs into bed with me every night and when I fall asleep, gets up on my chest and starts to nibble at my perfectly coiffed beard on my chin

• Like 2

My oldest one, a 20 year old died in the summer...haven't pulled the trigger to get a new one, but it will happen.

My oldest one, a 20 year old died in the summer...haven't pulled the trigger to get a new one, but it will happen.

Feline diabetes.

Sorry to hear.

We had a boxer, she was 2 when I started dating her owner. Had her for 5 years and she started getting old and sick.

Literally a 5 minute drive to the vet from home. She died on the way to put her down. Had to carry her to the car, she was barely alive. Had to carry her lifeless body into the vet :cry:

I had put a cat down 10 years ago, she was 3, best cat ever. Perfect in every way. Crushed me. I still get teary eyed when we put her picture on the tree.

Good for you!

I'm late in life to be a cat man, but the right ones can be pretty cool.

It's true. That is why a shelter is a good place to start. You get a pretty good feel for the cat before you take it home

Feline diabetes.

Kidneys. Was crazy, she was 17 when first diagnosed, but lived 3 more years. Another cat we had first started showing symptoms when she was 16 and died 3 months later.

Sorry to hear.

We had a boxer, she was 2 when I started dating her owner. Had her for 5 years and she started getting old and sick.

Literally a 5 minute drive to the vet from home. She died on the way to put her down. Had to carry her to the car, she was barely alive. Had to carry her lifeless body into the vet :cry:

I had put a cat down 10 years ago, she was 3, best cat ever. Perfect in every way. Crushed me. I still get teary eyed when we put her picture on the tree.

I know exactly how you feel. It's crazy how emotionally attached we get to our pets, probably start tearing up if I think about this much longer.

Pets > People

We haven't agreed on a whole lot over the years, but this we have. :cheers:

Is this your way of telling us you picked up a black prostitute?

Would not. never. gross.

Always a great story when an animal gets adopted form a shelter. :thumbsup:

Yep. :thumbsup:

Instead of sending 75 cents a month, I spent $125 in fees.

• Like 1

Better when it's the pound

Nice, my cat is 17 and he is a bad a$$..

That's why we named him Samuel L. Catson.

He's slowing down these days and can't see too well but, he's awesome. Acts like a dog without all the barking. Comes and finds you when you get home, always wants to be near the family. He used to catch flies in the house during the summer, friggen assassin', not so agile these days though. Inside kitty all his life, no front claws.

Gonna be a rough one when I have to put him down.

Nice, my cat is 17 and he is a bad a$$..

That's why we named him Samuel L. Catson.

He's slowing down these days and can't see too well but, he's awesome. Acts like a dog without all the barking. Comes and finds you when you get home, always wants to be near the family. He used to catch flies in the house during the summer, friggen assassin', not so agile these days though. Inside kitty all his life, no front claws.

Gonna be a rough one when I have to put him down.

:wub:

We let my son name ours.

He named her Poof.

Oh well, can't win em all :lol:

Nice. I'm a dog person myself but I'm always happy to see an animal rescued from a shelter rather than a pet store.

3 of 4 of my animals are rescues. Even my catahoula. Both my cats and from an animal shelter in San Antonio that is extremely nice. First animal I got when I got an apartment was my cat. Working night shift on the cancer ward I couldnt keep a puppy since I could be called in an also work long hours and sleep during the day. So I got a kitten. Shes been with me for going on 8 years now. Best cat you could ever own. Got her front paws declawed. All she wants is for you to pet her and to lay on you. Shes extremely nice and isnt shy at all like other cats are.

:tup:

We did as well around Xmas.

20 years ago we had 2 dogs and 2 cats. When the last cat had to be put down, we said never again. Went looking for a puppy and this kitten was awesome. She has been great. Friendly with all of us.... Just starting to get along with our 7 year old dog.

Congrats.

3 cats and one Pennydoodle. I work from home almost all the time nowadays so I pretend they're my coworkers.

• Like 1

Good on you!!!

We just adopted 2 cats from the shelter last Thursday. The one is orange and white and is a sweetheart, 3 years old.

The other is black and white and 6 years old. Not as sweet, she goes after the other a lot. A love with us most of the time, but a bit cranky other timers.

Feline diabetes.

Our favorite cat ever died if this. Then my daughter was diagnosed with diabetes. Scary. :(

You'll never guess what I have on in the background :ninja:

That is my little guys chair :wub:

so what if I haven't got around to drilling a new hole in the wall for the cable coming in through the window :lol:

• Like 1

You'll never guess what I have on in the background :ninja:

That is my little guys chair :wub:

so what if I haven't got around to drilling a new hole in the wall for the cable coming in through the window :lol:

That kind of action would cost you 25 bucks in the less reputable parts of town.

That kind of action would cost you 25 bucks in the less reputable parts of town.

:wub:

:mad: over the past week or so, she has chewed through both of my rear speaker cords and a pair of my daughter's ear buds :wall:

:mad: over the past week or so, she has chewed through both of my rear speaker cords and a pair of my daughter's ear buds :wall:

What the hell is Ed's cat doing at your house?

What the hell is Ed's cat doing at your house?

ed's cat devours peanut butter like a champ :wub: