Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Ryder Cup 2016 @ Hazeltine - Sep 27 - Oct 2, 2016

Captains David Love III vs Darren Clarke (great matchup)

Top 8 are locks and there are 4 captain's picks.

USA

1 1 DUSTIN JOHNSON 11,860.36
2 2 JORDAN SPIETH 11,179.14
3 3 PHIL MICKELSON 5,764.94
4 4 JIMMY WALKER 5,337.66
5 5 BROOKS KOEPKA 4,873.63
6 6 ZACH JOHNSON 4,337.97
7 7 J.B. HOLMES 4,149.72
8 8 PATRICK REED 4,134.71
9 9 Brandt SNEDEKER 4,086.12
10 10 Bubba WATSON 4,055.31
11 11 Matt KUCHAR 4,017.46
12 12 Rickie FOWLER 3,768.95

Europe

1 RORY MCILROY 4,171,716.36
2 DANNY WILLETT 4,059,360.67
3 HENRIK STENSON 3,554,055.09
4 CHRIS WOOD 2,593,023.46
5 Andy SULLIVAN 2,472,016.00
6 Matthew FITZPATRICK 2,247,396.46
7 Rafa CABRERA BELLO 2,191,913.62
8 Soren KJELDSEN 1,806,144.54
9 Tyrrell HATTON 1,688,068.41
10 Victor DUBUISSON 1,675,632.53
11 Thorbjorn OLESEN 1,628,788.97
12 Martin KAYMER 1,618,348.54

Who you got?

USA has won 1 out of the last 7 (ouch) (2 out of last 10)

Have to like the Euoro's again. The US team isn't playing very well right now.

Now this is an event I jizz my pants over. :banana:

* Glad we are finally moving away from the Tiger, Furyk type names era. Phil is hanging on - but I'm okay with that.

* Do NOT want Fowler on this team - period. I also do not feel good about J. Walker - he's sucked all year except for one week.

* Spieth hasn't played well, Sneds has sucked of late and Bubba hasn't been anything to write home about. We have DJ and Zack leading the pack - that's it.

* The Euros are stacked - again.

* The best and most feared player to watch isn't Rory or Stenson - it's Kaymer.

* The Euros have a 13th man in Davis Love - I don't trust him a bit.

Give me the Euros - anything less would be a huge upset.

They have guys like Sergio and Ian Poulter that, regardless of how they are playing at the time, shine on this stage. We have guys like Tiger and Phil who cant decide on which focking golf ball to play or Chrispuss Riley who was too mentally exhausted to play a second match in a day.

I don't think the euros are thay stacked as recent events. It's stenson and kaymer as their most feared.

A little worried that we have guys like Keopka and Holmes who I don't trust

The concern with our team, as it traditionally is - we don't have very many I trust to make a putt. Outside of Zack and Sneds I've little faith in anybody else - and that includes Spieth right now. Kooch might be the 3rd person I trust - maybe.

Mickelson has been putting pretty well lately. I know he gets a bad rap in this thing. Hoping they team him with ricke

Mickelson has been putting pretty well lately. I know he gets a bad rap in this thing. Hoping they team him with ricke

Davis has proven to be a buffoon in the past, he prolly will select Fowler as a pick... I sure hope not though.

Thunderbear and Kjeldson both on team europe, if they both play like they did on my Edexjr team we can start waving the flag and playing the anthem now.. :overhead:

Now this is an event I jizz my pants over. :banana:

* Glad we are finally moving away from the Tiger, Furyk type names era. Phil is hanging on - but I'm okay with that.

* Do NOT want Fowler on this team - period. I also do not feel good about J. Walker - he's sucked all year except for one week.

* Spieth hasn't played well, Sneds has sucked of late and Bubba hasn't been anything to write home about. We have DJ and Zack leading the pack - that's it.

* The Euros are stacked - again.

* The best and most feared player to watch isn't Rory or Stenson - it's Kaymer.

* The Euros have a 13th man in Davis Love - I don't trust him a bit.

Give me the Euros - anything less would be a huge upset.

Kaymer has sucked all year until end of summer. He is the euro Jimmy Walker

Sergio isn't even in the top 12? :blink:

And he always destroys us in these things, we'll get throttled again.

Davis has proven to be a buffoon in the past, he prolly will select Fowler as a pick... I sure hope not though.

Fowler seems like just what we need. Someone with charisma... basically what the euros had in a guy like poulter

Fowler seems like just what we need. Someone with charisma... basically what the euros had in a guy like poulter

Flower has no personality.

you want personality, we need Bubba!

Flower has no personality.

you want personality, we need Bubba!

:D

I should.clarify that I'm not sang rickie is poulters equal. Not even close. But we need guys who are not so blah

Kaymer has sucked all year until end of summer. He is the euro Jimmy Walker

Hardly.

Walker has 5 missed cuts this year, and not just any cuts. He whiffed at the US Open, the Open and at the Players... Kaymer has missed only one cut over here this year and cruised his way into making all 4 cuts at the majors.

Yea - a guy who's MO was to shoot 80 every opening round of a major this year and who can't putt, that's what we need.. No thanks - give me Furyk, Na or even Billy Haas over him.

I have said for years they should have included Daly or guys like him in his prime. I understand Dalys questionable attitude may hurt a team, but my point being put a bomber out there. Even if he just plays on sunday or in a fourball match (whichever one each guys plays his own ball in and the team records the lower of the two). Just make a bunch of birdies and apply constant pressure to the other guy by making them play first.

I have said for years they should have included Daly or guys like him in his prime. I understand Dalys questionable attitude may hurt a team, but my point being put a bomber out there. Even if he just plays on sunday or in a fourball match (whichever one each guys plays his own ball in and the team records the lower of the two). Just make a bunch of birdies and apply constant pressure to the other guy by making them play first.

Def, no doubt.. And for being a bomber, Daly actually had a wonder soft touch and hands.

One thing is for sure, we have some focking guys that can launch it. DJ, Bubba, Koepka, Holmes - that's some serious launch power.

Launch power isn't going to win us anything. I don't care how rickie started off the majors this year. What would we have said last year? I care that he is charismatic and wanted to go to Rio and represent the usa. Same with reed. These guys have personalities (even if reed is a cocky, smug fatty).

Drips like Furyk don't interest me

Launch power isn't going to win us anything. I don't care how rickie started off the majors this year. What would we have said last year? I care that he is charismatic and wanted to go to Rio and represent the usa. Same with reed. These guys have personalities (even if reed is a cocky, smug fatty).

Last year Fowler had 2 wins, which included the Players.. This year he's been not just bad, but dreadful - least in the big ones. Missed cuts in the US Open, Masters, Players and Memorial? No thanks.. If you want rah rah people - hire some strippers, turn them into cheerleaders. I want guys who can play.

Last year Fowler had 2 wins, which included the Players.. This year he's been not just bad, but dreadful - least in the big ones. Missed cuts in the US Open, Masters, Players and Memorial? No thanks.. If you want rah rah people - hire some strippers, turn them into cheerleaders. I want guys who can play.

good thing its not stroke play?

id support a captains pick of keegan focking bradley to pair with mickelson if it means we start winning ryder cups.

seriously. its time to stop worrying about recent form, OWGR, stats, etc etc and take more of a team approach. chemistry, enthusiasm, etc etc.

i know Walker is on the team via merit but youd rather him over rickie because he won the PGA even though, as you mentioned, hed been sucking ass for several months?

Why do they call it Hazeltine? The ball is round. The hole is round. They should call it Roundtine.

seriously. its time to stop worrying about recent form, OWGR, stats, etc etc and take more of a team approach. chemistry, enthusiasm, etc etc.

I'd seriously consider Keegs, he's had a bit of a resurgence this year... Speaking of, it was inexcusable for DL3 to sit Bradley/Mickelson in that Saturday afternoon session. I still can't believe they gave this idiot another Captain's spot.

As far as Fowler - it's one thing to have been ho hum all year, but he's been astonishingly dreadful. We don't need chum buddies and cheerleaders - we need guys who can't hit fairways and putt. This mentality of picking "buddies" and "popular" guys is exactly why we've been getting our asses handed to use of late. Nobody in the Capt.'s seat with the balls to make a call, not worrying about hurting any of these prima dona's feelings.

Well I think he captain not having thr balls to hurt someone's feelings is a different concept than team chemistry. The euros have whipped us because their team chemistry is usually off the charts.

Well I think he captain not having thr balls to hurt someone's feelings is a different concept than team chemistry. The euros have whipped us because their team chemistry is usually off the charts.

I don't buy that for a second... We've got our asses kicked bcoz:

* We don't play Foursomes worth a shiat.

* The Euros out putt us, period.

* Fire in the belly, or lack there of. I don't see any Paul Azinger, Curtis Strange or Lanny Wadkins type guys on our side anymore. Outside of Reed, we've a bunch of 'nice' guys who are too comfortable and cozy in their prima dona lifestyles.

* Captain's picks based on popularity and the buddy system instead of practical, golf sense... Which leads to #5 -

* We've too many Captains worried about stepping on toes, upsetting Tiger and/or trying to be "buds" with the team instead of acting like a leader and making calls like a big, ball carrying Captain should.

That's why we keep losing RCs.

Comparison of the United States and Europe Between 1985-2012

United States Europe
Wins 4 9
Matches won 155 188
Points won 184½ 207½
Foursome points won 53½ 58½
Four-ball points won 46½ 65½
Single points won 84½ 83½

Captain's Picks

USA 48 wins, 39 losses, 19 halves Europe 59 wins, 52 losses, 12 halves

I don't buy that for a second... We've got our asses kicked bcoz:

* We don't play Foursomes worth a shiat.

* The Euros out putt us, period.

* Fire in the belly, or lack there of. I don't see any Paul Azinger, Curtis Strange or Lanny Wadkins type guys on our side anymore. Outside of Reed, we've a bunch of 'nice' guys who are too comfortable and cozy in their prima dona lifestyles.

* Captain's picks based on popularity and the buddy system instead of practical, golf sense... Which leads to #4 -

* We've too many Captains worried about stepping on toes, upsetting Tiger and/or trying to be "buds" with the team instead of acting like a leader and making calls like a big, ball carrying Captain should.

That's why we keep losing RCs.

I'm talking team chemistry not popularity or even buddy system although being comfortable playing with someone could be seen as buddyish

I'm talking about not going for the hot or popular name and instead going for someone with the fire for a team event to represent the USA...

We suck at 4somes... because? We put out head scratching pairings.

We do better in singles

We do better in singles

since 1985

US 84½ EUR 83½

since 1985

US 84½ EUR 83½

I meant as a team singles is our relative strength but yes that also illustrates that we are ahead of the euros as well. If the entire thing was singles I'm sure wed have a bigger advantage. I'm glad it's not all singles matches or what would be the point but it's clear that we need to do a better job if identifying guys who play well together and truely have the desire to win for usa rather than just the recognition of qualifying for the team

since 1985

US 84½ EUR 83½

I would love to see the breakdown from 1995 - 2014.

We suck at 4somes... because? We put out head scratching pairings.

We do better in singles

What chemistry do the Euros have? Hell, half of them play over here full time on our tour. If anyone should have chemistry it should be us already.

This 'chemistry' or 'buddy' system - whatever you want to call it isn't working. Hasn't worked worth a shiat since '95... It's time for a new direction.

I would only want to see it for a few minutes.

I would only want to see it for a few minutes.

Ha, good point. I might lose my breakfast. :(

1995 - 7.5 to 4.5 - EUR
1997 - 8 to 4 USA
1999 - 8.5 to 3.5 USA
2002 - 7.5 to 4.5 EUR
2004 - 7.5 to 4.5 EUR
2006 - 8.5 to 3.5 EUR
2008 - 7.5 to 4.5 USA
2010 - 7 to 5 USA
2012 - 8.5 to 3.5 EUR
2014 - 6.5 to 5.5 EUR

1995 - 7.5 to 4.5 - EUR
1997 - 8 to 4 USA
1999 - 8.5 to 3.5 USA
2002 - 7.5 to 4.5 EUR
2004 - 7.5 to 4.5 EUR
2006 - 8.5 to 3.5 EUR
2008 - 7.5 to 4.5 USA
2010 - 7 to 5 USA
2012 - 8.5 to 3.5 EUR
2014 - 6.5 to 5.5 EUR

I'm not sure what this is... I was talking about a total point breakdown like the one you gave earlier.

I'm not sure what this is... I was talking about a total point breakdown like the one you gave earlier.

I'm 100% cure you know what this is.

calculator broken?

calculator broken?

Do you have a breakdown like the one you did earlier?

Do you have a breakdown like the one you did earlier?

I did that work myself!!

all you have to do is focking add it. christ :wall:

EUR 58 to 50 USA